It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.K Government, enough with the 'There isn't enough money to pay for services' - RUBBISH!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Okay, so for the last 10 months we the people of the U.K have been told by the coalition government that we have run out of money and as a consequence, we must now be prepared to accept cuts in services, pensions, wages and almost everything else that we have come to expect in return for paying our taxes.

Many of us were beginning to accept that we need to tighten our belts and 'take one for the team', so to speak.

Then yesterday, whilst listening to the radio, I found out that for every missile the U.K fires into Libya, it costs us, the tax payer £750,000. Then today I found out it costs us the tax payer £40,000 per hour to keep the new 'Typhoon', which is a fighter plane, up in the air.

is it just me or what? Why on earth are we allowing this to take place? These buffons make decisions to take us into an attack, not defence, and we are happy to just sit there and discuss the whys and why nots, without even considering the costs of this.

We should never accept the old line of 'we have no money' ever again. I would much prefer my taxes to be spent helping the poor or vulnerable in my country, not some god foresaken desert land. When was the last time a Libyan ever did any good for the U.K (Not including donations to the LSE)? We have so much poverty in this country, yet we think we are still a super power. WAKE UP you idiots!! We are not. We are a small nation, who is unable to look after its own citizens, let alone some North African nation. Please, stop this war and spend the money on U.K citizens. We are the ones that have paid the taxes. It's not the politicians money, it's ours!!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Indeed! If QE cared so much about her "subjects" then perhaps should could hock some of her jewelry, you know "for the empire".
Considering she's the richest person alive it shouldn't put her out too much.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Well you would think she might pitch in wouldn't you?

But then again! When your husband hopes he comes back as a germ if reincarnation exists, to kill off the poor and vulnerable, I think we know where we stand with that family.

new topics

join