It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Day of the Lord- When is it? It Occurs on the 2nd Passover

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
S+F for an interesting thread, cant believe its reached an entire page without a single troll or attempted derailment!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
S+F for an intersting thread, cant believe its reached an entire page and no troll or attempt at derailment.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

The two witnesses die on passover. Their bodies are touched. Thus Passover is not kept at that time but instead 30 days later or a half hour of silence. The 2nd Passover begins on 14th of Iyar. This is the day that Noah went into the ark. 3 days later, Iyar 17, the Flood came. This likely will be the same day as the future Day of the Lord happens on. As in the days of Noah, so shall it be in the future.

The Sun darkens and the Moon turns to blood before the great and notable Day of the Lord.

March 21st, 2015- Total Solar Eclipse

April 4th, 2015 (Passover) Blood Red Moon, Total Lunar Eclipse

Check and CHECK!

April 4th, 2015 plus 30 days (half hour of silence between the 6th seal and the conclusion of the 7th seal), May 3rd, 2015.

And oh yeah, solar cycle 24 according to my projections and a few others peaks right around this time too, April/May 2015.
edit on 24-3-2011 by Stargate2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The Son of Man comes after the 1260 day Great Tribulation.

It says:

Matthew 24:29-37

Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. But of that day and hour knows no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

But as the days of Noe (Noah) were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be."

After the tribulation:

1) Sun darkens March 21st, 2015 (total solar eclipse). Three weeks later, a total lunar eclipse, Blood Red Moon, right over Jerusalem/Israel of all places and on the day of Passover (April 4th, 2015)

2) When summer is nigh, means summer is getting close. Early May time frame could possibly be the time during the 2nd Passover

3) As the day of Noah, when Noah entered the Ark on the 14th of Iyar, or on the start date of the 2nd Passover, so shall the coming of the Son of Man be? Perhaps Planet X passing by at this time?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

The second reason for taking the Second Passover is if the person were on a long
journey, as in a journey to a far country (Matt 25:14). The glorified Jesus is today in a far
country, but He will return to again eat the Passover in His Father’s kingdom (Matt
26:29). Thus, some disciples, possessing a little understanding, have reasoned that Jesus
will return on the second Passover, or a week before. But concerning His return, Jesus
said, ‘“As were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. For as in those
days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage,
until the day when Noah entered the ark, and they were unaware until the flood came and
swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of Man”’ (Matt 24:37-39). The flood
swept away those eating and drinking on the 17th day of the second month, the same day
that manna was first given. Noah entered the Ark on the 10th day, the day of selection.

homerkizer.org...

So it says it right there in Matthew 24

No Man Knoweth the Day and Hour

36 ¶ But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
37 But as the days of Noah were, Gen. 6.5-8 so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark,
39 and knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; Gen. 7.6-24 so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Noah entered the Ark it appears on the 10th of Iyar because 7 days later when the flood gates were opened up, happened on Iyar 17th, the 2nd month/17th day.

The First Book of Moses, Called
Genesis

The Flood
1 And the LORD said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation.
2 Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female.
3 Of fowls also of the air by sevens, the male and the female; to keep seed alive upon the face of all the earth.
4 For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth.
5 And Noah did according unto all that the LORD commanded him.
6 ¶ And Noah was six hundred years old when the flood of waters was upon the earth.
7 And Noah went in, and his sons, and his wife, and his sons' wives with him, into the ark, Mt. 24.38, 39 · Lk. 17.27 because of the waters of the flood.
8 Of clean beasts, and of beasts that are not clean, and of fowls, and of every thing that creepeth upon the earth,
9 there went in two and two unto Noah into the ark, the male and the female, as God had commanded Noah.
10 And it came to pass after seven days, that the waters of the flood were upon the earth.
11 ¶ In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened. 2 Pet. 3.6
12 And the rain was upon the earth forty days and forty nights.

We can thus conclude from this description that the Son of Man, comes during the 2nd Passover, when the flood came and took them all the way (Iyar 17)
edit on 24-3-2011 by Stargate2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I don’t really have anything to add, but speculation.

As we know, there is a star near Orion that scientists speculate could go bye-bye-or become a neutron star or something like that…maybe soon, maybe not? With all the events going-on today; like atmosphere retaining radioactive particles and strange gases. Earth-Quakes and Wars, and stuff. Suppose our atmosphere becomes like a bulb of phosphor, the Star explodes-igniting our atmosphere. Yet, because of prophesy, nobody dies? Or do we? Because "that generation" will not die or however correctly written.

We ain’t going to see Nibiru/Wormwood until it blots-out the sun. By this time, Gravity caused by this dark star will be ripping the Earth’s face apart…likely to cause us to go extinct…

But what I get from both of you fine debaters of the word is that we are not even going to realize that the Earth and Heaven has passed away. It’s not until all has passed away that we realize that we are walking among the dead, as prophesied. When there is no doubt about it, and no turning back.
We are only aware of one aspect of life, soon, we’ll experience more-unless judgment day prohibits a good number of ‘survivors.’

That’s my 2 cents.
And BTW, I appreciate what this thread means to me, thanks.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Do any of you fear mongers have any sources independent of what is written in the bible to back up your claims?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Hi loveguy:

Originally posted by loveguyI don’t really have anything to add, but speculation.

As we know, there is a star near Orion that scientists speculate could go bye-bye-or become a neutron star or something like that…maybe soon, maybe not? With all the events going-on today; like atmosphere retaining radioactive particles and strange gases. Earth-Quakes and Wars, and stuff. Suppose our atmosphere becomes like a bulb of phosphor, the Star explodes-igniting our atmosphere. Yet, because of prophesy, nobody dies? Or do we? Because "that generation" will not die or however correctly written ...

This is what I mean by seeming coincidences from my other posts on this topic. Link, Link, Link. You hit the nail on the head in speculating that a star near Orion is expected to appear like a second sun, as these reports have been coming out since 2009. Then we see the same kind of story coming from the Huffington Post (story) this year like the seeming '2 Sun Freak Show' that has appeared all over the world wide web.

The common theme to these stories as you suggest is that some kind of 'two sun' event is expected from the Orion Constellation and the coincidence part is that the coordinates of the ELENin Comet just happen to be from the Orion Constellation where Google has blocked out images of Google Sky (topic) at 5h 53m 27s -6 10' 58". Go and see for yourself and then tell me how Google knew to block out the images at those coordinates years before the supposed comet was discovered. We appear to be looking at an concerted effort by the NASA scientists and the media to explain the presence of our brown dwarf star that becomes visible later this summer from interaction with the solar winds, which will be explained in the Orion Constellation as this supernova to keep those in complete brown dwarf denial in complete brown dwarf denial like some members we have around here.

edit on 25-3-2011 by PlanetXGuy because: fix typo

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Thief in the night = unexpectedly and in a clandestine fashion

There are many prophetic restrictions placed on all the end times events having to do with in what order things are supposed to happen. From a metaphysical view all prophecy must be subject to free will/chaos and there for a variance in probability. Teleologically and memetically the most salient prophecy is that which relates to novel events. The first thing to consider in the interpretation of prophecy is that literalism is inherently flawed due to the prophet's limited lexicon relative to today's world.

What is novel? Is there anything novel about the second coming of christ? What of the mandatory peripheral signs?

The signs of parousia are novel only in their frequency.

If you take Lahaye and Cloud 9 (Lindsey) literally then the second coming is portrayed as a nationalistic, genocidal dictator/lightning bolt. How is this any different than their portrayal of the antichrist?

Interestingly the banned prophecy of Esdras 2 states explicitly that the one who cause trouble will be the one who saves the chosen and that he will destroy the bad guys without ever picking up a weapon but with words (speaks like a dragon, sword out of the mouth).

There is also prophecy that he writes a book and invents free energy device and AI.

google "the case for the second coming and new jerusalem"

That is novel.

In order to stand out the anti/christ must be novel and actually change things. Christian end times (fiction) scenarios suggest the antichrist is just another Napolean or Hitler.

No, your servant is more like Bill Hicks meets Nikola Tesla.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The other key is the word "manna" and its meaning in Revelation.

Rev 2:16 Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.
Rev 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth [it].

Manna, the "bread from heaven" which sustained the Children of Israel during their 40 years of wandering through the desert, began to fall on the 16th of Iyar of the year 2448 from creation--one month after the Exodus (see "Today in Jewish History" for yesterday, Iyar 15).

www.chabad.org.../20/2011

The Manna feel the day before Iyar 17, which is when the flood gates of Noah happened, and from what I believe, the destructive Day of the Lord will happen in the future.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXGuy

Obviously you are not an easy critic to satisfy are you? But I'll give it a try.

No. Nobody knows when the Day of the Lord begins and that includes you. ;0) I have made links for your long quotes to save space in this reply:

No. Your statement above says "I can tell you that," i.e., when the Day of the Lord starts and one statement later we see "... it should start on ...". Please make up my mind.

Exact calendar date as in May 15 2028? Not exactly. The record from the first century AD is simply not that accurate. All we really know is that the ministry of Jesus Christ happened in the 20's to early 30's AD. And the death of John the Baptist happened during it.

However based on the fig tree prophecy and that Israel became a nation on May 15th 1948 I believe I can make the following claim safely.

The Day of the Lord should start no later than May 15th 2028. However it could happen several years earlier. Based on a 80 year lifetime of the generation in question. And that is based on Psalm 90-10 and a careful analysis of Matthew 24. My best guess being the generation started between August 1945 and the end of WW2 and the birth of the nation of Israel. Israel being a predicted end time event and an obvious fig leaf of the tree in question.

We agree that John the Baptist is the Earthly Messiah and Christ is the Heavenly Messiah (USMB topic), so we agree on something.

One problem with your hypothesis is that the curse was to come specifically upon 'the land,' i.e., "so that I will not come and smite the land with a curse." The Speaker of the prophecy is the Lord God speaking of "Moses My servant" (Mal. 4:4) and of His Coming with blessing 'or' curse. The land continued to do just fine, but Israel as a nation committed the 'transgression' (Rom. 11:11) that caused the Kingdom Bride to be 'cut off' (Rev. 20:4 = Peter, John, James = Church #1), so the Body of Christ could be formed in the first of two 'restoration' (Acts 3:21) times. In other words, God has already baked Israel's transgression (Matt. 17:12) into the cake and the special people is now being taken from among the Gentiles (Acts 15:14) by obeying our gospel for the last 2000 years. However, God's original plan to gather a mature Kingdom Bride was placed on the back burner, until this current mystery time is complete and THEN Elijah will return to restore all things and fulfill Malachi 4:5-6 and Matthew 17:10-11 as the prophet of Acts 3:22-23, so the Lord God does not return and smite the land with a curse.

Actually the verse says the following.

6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse. KJV.

I believe this verse has 2 meanings. The first being the land of Israel. After the diaspora and the destruction of Israel in the first and second centuries AD it never really came back. Mark Twain said about it in 1868 that it was a barren land with few people.

A desolate country whose soil is rich enough, but is given over wholly to weeds... a silent mournful expanse.... a desolation.... we never saw a human being on the whole route.... hardly a tree or shrub anywhere. Even the olive tree and the cactus, those fast friends of a worthless soil, had almost deserted the country." (The Innocents Abroad, p. 361-362)

But there is also another implied meaning as well. The Earth. The planet. This curse mentioned is to strike the entire planet as well. How you may ask? Rather simple. Look at the verses of Genesis 48 and 49 and combine that with the olive tree prophecy of Romans 11.

In Genesis 48 and 49 we are told that the offspring of Israel will become nations by the endtimes. A multitude of nations in the case of Ephraim. And earlier in Genesis we are told the offspring of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob would become as numerous as the stars in the sky or the grains of sand on the seashore.

Also I bring in Romans 11 because of what Paul says of Christians. What is the olive tree? What is this business about branches being broken off and grafted in? To put it simply the olive tree is the family tree of Israel. When you are grafted into the tree you are becoming an adopted child of Israel. Subject to the same benefits and penalties as a genetic Israelite.

That is why the Apocalypse of Revelation is worldwide. Almost all of the people in it one way or another is pretty much considered a Israelite by now. Just having a Jew or Christian in your family tree appears to be enough to be considered part of the family tree of Romans 11.

So it is quite obvious that the "curse" has occurred and struck the world.

Jesus Christ knows the OT better than anyone here and the 'Son' has no idea when the Day of the Lord begins like the 'angels' and everybody else. Matt 24:34-36. Your commentary includes many mentions of the 'curse' without designating who or what is the receiver of that curse, which in this case is the 'land.'

Who is the receiver of the curse? Israel and Judah. Per Hosea the Israelites and the Jews were to be cut off for 2000 years. Then restored for 1000 years in the day of Jezreel. Curses by God are done according to the compact of Leviticus 26. And according to that the land in question will either be left fallow or will provide little if farmed.

Now we are getting somewhere. David their king is the same 'David' of Eze. 34:23-25 who sits upon the throne throughout the coming Day of the Lord in the Kingdom of God 'on earth AS IT IS in heaven.' Most people fail to realize that Christ's Throne is in heaven (2Tim. 4:18 = topic).

Hold your horses for one minute. If you are going to quote half a chapter of Scripture to make a point, then please provide an equal or greater amount of commentary. Quoting chapter after chapter to give three short sentences of explanation does nothing to make your case. The fatal flaw in your interpretation is found over in the New Testament that renders your entire argument false:

Extra commentary? Isn't the scripture self explanatory? God is royally upset that the Jews and Israelites are violating the compact of Leviticus 26 and the laws of Moses. How hard is it to understand this verse?

14 For I will be unto Ephraim as a lion, and as a young lion to the house of Judah: I, even I, will tear and go away; I will take away, and none shall rescue him.

If you have read Leviticus 26 you know he is referring to this.

28 Then I will walk contrary unto you also in fury; and I, even I, will chastise you seven times for your sins.
29 And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat.
30 And I will destroy your high places, and cut down your images, and cast your carcases upon the carcases of your idols, and my soul shall abhor you.
31 And I will make your cities waste, and bring your sanctuaries unto desolation, and I will not smell the savour of your sweet odours.
32 And I will bring the land into desolation: and your enemies which dwell therein shall be astonished at it.
33 And I will scatter you among the heathen, and will draw out a sword after you: and your land shall be desolate, and your cities waste.
34 Then shall the land enjoy her sabbaths, as long as it lieth desolate, and ye be in your enemies' land; even then shall the land rest, and enjoy her sabbaths.
35 As long as it lieth desolate it shall rest; because it did not rest in your sabbaths, when ye dwelt upon it.
36 And upon them that are left alive of you I will send a faintness into their hearts in the lands of their enemies; and the sound of a shaken leaf shall chase them; and they shall flee, as fleeing from a sword; and they shall fall when none pursueth.
37 And they shall fall one upon another, as it were before a sword, when none pursueth: and ye shall have no power to stand before your enemies.
38 And ye shall perish among the heathen, and the land of your enemies shall eat you up.
39 And they that are left of you shall pine away in their iniquity in your enemies' lands; and also in the iniquities of their fathers shall they pine away with them.

If God is a trinity then the Trinity in it's entirety is after you now at that point.

Paul describes his insight into 'the mystery' (Eph. 3:3) to the Ephesians and Colossians with references in other Epistles about information that the OT Prophets simply were never given to see. Our gospel (#2) is according to the revelation of the mystery like the details of our mystery church as the Body of Christ, our mystery translation to immortality (1Cor. 15:51-53) and gathering to the Lord (1Thes. 4:15-17), which also includes this entire 2000 Year Mystery Time itself! The OT prophets that you want to use as sources of information about our mystery time simply could not make the predictions you suggest, because from their perspective this 2000-year period never happens. And then you must prescribe precisely 2000 years for your calculations for the conclusions to mean anything.

Certainly the old testament prophets could have made the predictions as I described. Essentially Biblical prophecy is done one of 3 ways.
1. As with Daniel the prophet is given visions and he is writing down what he saw and some commentary about it.
2. The prophet is writing down his understanding of the message he got from God.
3. Automatic writing. God or a spirit sent by him possessed the prophet and actually does the writing. The prophet merely provides the hand for the writing.

I think Hosea was part of the third classification. He knew he was writing prophecy though he didn't understand all of it. A veiled message for the future. Daniel clearly knew he was seeing the future and described it the best he could in Daniel 11. But in Daniel 12 God tells him the prophecy is sealed until the time of the end. So obviously Daniel is sending messages to the people of the time of the end. Even if he doesn't understand them.

Daniel and Christ can tell you the precise events leading up to the end of the age, but NOBODY but the Father knows when the Day of the Lord 'begins' and that includes you and everyone else here; even the son of man.

As I posted before. It's not for us to know the exact day and time but you can know the season per Jesus Christ. And he gave us the warning signs to look for. Matthew 24-14 appears fulfilled because the nation of Israel exists.
Luke 21-24 appears to be fulfilled because the Jews control it now. And per Genesis 48 and 49 the residents of Jerusalem should be 100 percent Israelite by now.

The tornado siren is sounding. Are you looking for cover yet?

There is another way to interpret everything you have presented and a way to make application to people living today. Jesus Christ testifies that John the Baptist is Elijah (Matt. 11:13-14), but John says "No." John 1:20-21. So who is lying? The answer is neither, because John the Baptist is Elijah and David and Abraham and Joshua and the coming 'prophet' of Acts 3:22-23, because all of these people are 'skins' (Gen. 3:21) for your father Adam. Noah and Sarah, Moses and Bathsheba are all 'skins' for your mother Eve, because Adam and Eve are the two olive trees that testify before the Lord of the whole earth. Zech. 4:11-14. They are the only two exceptions to the rule of Hebrews 9:27 and the coming 'prophet' is Adam 'and' Eve combined together in one 'man from god' (like John the Baptist = John 1:6); just like Adam in Genesis 2:7 with Eve "IN" him. This 2000 Year Mystery Time is a 'double portion' of the 1000 Year Day of the Lord, which means the testimony of the 'two witnesses' (Rev. 11 = Adam and Eve too) is doubled to be seven years that end this mystery time. In other words, Adam and Eve incarnate in a human skin has been testifying on this Earth since 2003 and 2004 to build up the Body of Christ 'and' (more importantly) to be 'recognized.'

Your interpretation of the olive trees of Zechariah is wrong.

Zechariah 6
12 And speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, Behold the man whose name is The BRANCH; and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of the LORD:
13 Even he shall build the temple of the LORD; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.

There are 2 branches. But they are men. And they rebuild the temple. The first one would seem to be King Darius who ordered the building of the 2nd temple. The 2nd Branch would appear to be Elijah the Prophet now. After all per Malachi he is supposed to come first and restore all things. Building the 3rd temple would appear to be his job now.

Your entire argument is based upon the fact that John the Baptist was not 'recognized' (Matt. 17:12) so that the sons of men did to their own father and mother anything they wished; and to the point that John's head was served up on a platter over the single dance from the daughter of an adulterous and incestuous King and his sister (Herod and Herodias). John the Baptist was the 'king' and the 'messiah' and the 'anointed of God,' but Israel's sin was not to recognize him; but Christ says he is coming again (Matt. 17:10-11). The son of man has been testifying since 2003 and 2004 and describing the mysteries of God free of charge and has not been recognized ... again. The 'curse' that is coming upon the 'land' and the whole earth is coming with the brown dwarf star and we will learn who is prepared to survive to see the coming Kingdom of God on the earth. Yeah, yeah, the son of man has a demon and has heard that before ..

Israel's sin here wasn't just his death. It was also for hundreds of years of not obeying the law that they were given. God simply wasn't happy with them. John the Baptist was the last straw. There may have been an alternate way of how the history of the last 2000 years could have played out if John had lived.

But then again in about 20 years or so you can ask them.

edit on 27-3-2011 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Forget date setting for one reason - the tipping point.

If you assume the second coming is a hippie floating down from the sky then keep looking up. In the real world your servant is a man with incredible claims, claims that require exceptional evidence/proof. He knows who he is and what he's destined to do but the people who should discern his claims merely scoff. His memes are out there, his book is published and the inventions need prototyping but he is not wealthy yet. His book will be downloaded for free (exercising all the authority of the first beast on his behalf, crossing the earth without touching the ground, as lightning from the west is also seen in the east) and slowly, the people that bother to read it, will, through word of mouth, get it to the point the mainstream media cannot ignore it. The day Fox news or CNN pick up the story is the "Day of the Lord".

So the question is, how many downloads brings us to a viral state? Well, the book has been downloaded nearly 1000 times in less than a year, can't say how many print versions have sold.

I don't mean to hijack a thread but this is relevant and I know more about it than anybody else so...this endless speculation is frustrating.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Hi ntech:

Originally posted by ntechObviously you are not an easy critic to satisfy are you? But I'll give it a try.

No sir. I already know that nobody knows the time that the Day of the Lord begins, because the coming Day of the Lord comes as a thief in the night (1Thes. 5:2). Scripture is very clear, but many choose to follow other interpretations ...

Originally posted by ntechExact calendar date as in May 15 2028? Not exactly. The record from the first century AD is simply not that accurate. All we really know is that the ministry of Jesus Christ happened in the 20's to early 30's AD. And the death of John the Baptist happened during it.

Any dates provided by men for the start of the Day of the Lord are also inaccurate. That is the point of my combined statements on this topic. ;0)

Originally posted by ntechHowever based on the fig tree prophecy and that Israel became a nation on May 15th 1948 I believe I can make the following claim safely. The Day of the Lord should start no later than May 15th 2028.

That certainly narrows down the prediction window. All a man must do to make God's Word (1Thes. 5:2) a complete lie is add 80 years to May 15, 1948! Then the Day of the Lord does not come as a thief in the night, but everyone can see that "Lord's Day" (Rev. 1:10) coming. You must realize that Paul connects our gathering to the Lord (1Thes. 4:15-17) directly to the start of the 'Day of the Lord' (2Thes. 2:1-2), which means your formula also predicts the time of our Rapture.

Originally posted by ntechHowever it could happen several years earlier. Based on a 80 year lifetime of the generation in question.

I was unaware the the people living in Peter's day had such long lifespans, so that generations extended out to 80 years. One problem with your hypothesis is that Christ's words do nothing to suggest any specific time at all. Christ just explained all the signs that would take place leading up to the 'end of the age' starting in Matthew 24:3 and to Matt. 24:31 to then say:

"Now learn the parable from the fig tree: when its branch has already become tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near; so, you too, when you see ALL THESE THINGS [Matt. 24:3-29], recognize that He is near, right at the door [Matt. 24:30-31]. "Truly I say to you, this generation WILL NOT pass away until all these things take place." Matthew 24:32-34.

Jesus Christ is NOT giving out any times or making any specific predictions about 'this generation' living any number of years. He is saying that the generation living to see the 'signs' of Matthew 24:3-29 will also see the Son of Man coming on the clouds at the END OF THE AGE. Now go back to Matthew 24:3 and read those four words again. The Son of Man makes His appearance at the ... END ... OF ... THE ... AGE, which is the END of the Day of the Lord and not the 'start' that began 1000 years EARLIER, which is what this topic is all about.

Originally posted by ntechAnd that is based on Psalm 90-10 and a careful analysis of Matthew 24.

No. We do not care about how the age ENDS. Please start that topic and perhaps we will have something to debate. This topic is about how the Day of the Lord BEGINS. If Christ were talking about His Coming at the END of the Age, then we have Daniel's prophecies that count down the days. That is how Christ could make the prediction in Matthew 24:15 concerning the antichrist setting up the abomination of desolation in the Temple and specifically in the 'holy place.' All of that takes place at the END of the Age and has NOTHING to do with how Elijah appears to restore all things 'first' (Matt. 17:10-11), as the prophet of Acts 3:22-23. Elijah appears 'before' the Great and Terrible Day of the Lord (Mal. 4:5-6). This simple fact has been explained over and over again and some will never get it ...

edit on 27-3-2011 by PlanetXGuy because: fix typo

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXGuy

You are not making this easy are you.

No sir. I already know that nobody knows the time that the Day of the Lord begins, because the coming Day of the Lord comes as a thief in the night (1Thes. 5:2). Scripture is very clear, but many choose to follow other interpretations ...

i would point out that Paul based the thief in the night parable on the fig tree prophecy. What he was trying to do here was settle down the congregation in Thessalonia because someone there had floated a rumor that Christ had returned. And Paul had at least a clue that the day of the Lord was supposed to happen in the future. He knew the destruction of the temple had to come first and that event was in the future at the time this letter was written. Per Wikipedia his death was approximately in the mid to late 60's in the first century AD. And I would assume he was aware of the sayings of Jesus Christ while he was on the earth. And would be aware of the Luke 21 prophecy.
en.wikipedia.org...

Any dates provided by men for the start of the Day of the Lord are also inaccurate. That is the point of my combined statements on this topic. ;0)

Per Matthew 24 it is possible to determing the season it will be coming. That's why I'm giving a range of dates. Not the exact date but the season. Knocking it down to a 3 year window between 2025 to 2028 is about the best anyone alive could do based on the information given in the bible and current history.

That certainly narrows down the prediction window. All a man must do to make God's Word (1Thes. 5:2) a complete lie is add 80 years to May 15, 1948! Then the Day of the Lord does not come as a thief in the night, but everyone can see that "Lord's Day" (Rev. 1:10) coming. You must realize that Paul connects our gathering to the Lord (1Thes. 4:15-17) directly to the start of the 'Day of the Lord' (2Thes. 2:1-2), which means your formula also predicts the time of our Rapture.

Of course. God cannot sin. Essentially if the statements are true and the information accurate then we should be able to make a prediction based on the facts. And it not supposed to be a secret once it get's close. The veil is supposed to drop so to speak. The seals are made to be broken at the appointed time.

I was unaware the the people living in Peter's day had such long lifespans, so that generations extended out to 80 years. One problem with your hypothesis is that Christ's words do nothing to suggest any specific time at all. Christ just explained all the signs that would take place leading up to the 'end of the age' starting in Matthew 24:3 and to Matt. 24:31 to then say:

Now learn the parable from the fig tree: when its branch has already become tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near; so, you too, when you see ALL THESE THINGS [Matt. 24:3-29], recognize that He is near, right at the door [Matt. 24:30-31]. "Truly I say to you, this generation WILL NOT pass away until all these things take place." Matthew 24:32-34.

Jesus Christ is NOT giving out any times or making any specific predictions about 'this generation' living any number of years. He is saying that the generation living to see the 'signs' of Matthew 24:3-29 will also see the Son of Man coming on the clouds at the END OF THE AGE. Now go back to Matthew 24:3 and read those four words again. The Son of Man makes His appearance at the ... END ... OF ... THE ... AGE, which is the END of the Day of the Lord and not the 'start' that began 1000 years EARLIER, which is what this topic is all about.

What Jesus Christ is telling us is that the generation of the fig tree will not die off until the Apocalypse is complete. Psalm 90-10 states the average lifetime of a human is 70 to 80 years. Israel became a state in 1948. based on that and the curse of Malachi takes 2000 years to complete then the mid 2020's appears to be a very likely date for the start of the thousand year reign of the saints or day of Jezreel.

The day of the Lord starts during the Apocalypse with the rapture. A few years before the main event. And runs to the end of the thousand year reign of the saints. The destruction of the current earth however happens after the thousand year reigh of the saints. After the day of the Lord. You have the concept wrong. The term world used in Matthew 24-3 is supposed to mean the current system of how things are done. Not at the end of the actual earth.
Day of the Lord

Oh, and if you wanted the date of the rapture......Less than 5 years is my guess. Be watching for Elijah the prophet. The guy who starts the rebuilding of the Jewish temple. Another sign would be the fall of the current Iranian government as well.
edit on 27-3-2011 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Lets keep in simple here.

1) The Great Tribulation is 1260 days, 42 months or 3 years, 6 months. It is during this time, the beast or Satan rules whatever that may be. It is also the time of the two witnesses, whomever those are. It all could be metaphorical or something very esoteric behind what it means. Don't take it at face value but there is symbolism to it all. What happens during this Great Tribulation period? Likely war with Israel, greater solar activity, more and bigger diverse Earthquake, pestilence, famine, etc. etc. etc. Not a very good time on a global scale.

2) The Son of Man comes after the tribulation. It says so in Matthew 24.

3) The Day of the Lord would come right near the time of the Son of Man coming, whatever that may be. I am thinking it is Planet X passing near Earth, or the 2nd Sun due to a Supernova exploding. Jesus in physical form walking the Earth? Um doubt it!

3) The Day of the Lord is all about Earth being destroyed by fire. It is a single day period. The day that Mystery Babylon gets destroyed. I think of it as a large solar flare destroying Earth. Kind of like in that movie "Knowing". It so happens that 2015 is the likely peak of solar flare activity according to some projections. It is ramping up now in 2011, and it appears to peak in 2015.

4) 2015 we have amazing lunar and solar eclipses happening on Jewish holy days. March 20th, 2015, a total solar eclipse on Jewish New Year. 2 weeks later. A blood red moon right over Israel on April 4th, 2015 which is Passover. It says, the sun will be darkened and the moon will be blood, before the Day of the Lord.

5) The two witnesses die on Passover. I can show you how. That concludes their 1260 days testimony. Do the math. Subtract 1260 days from April, 4th, 2015 and see what you get. Since the bodies of the two witnesses are touched, passover is not kept at that time. Thus, 30 days later. (1260 days to 1290 days), the 2nd Passover arrives. This is the time when Noah entered the Ark. On the beginning of the second Passover. Iyar 14. As in the time of Noah, so shall the coming of the Son of Man be, as well as the Day of the Lord. It says this in the Bible. The Day of the Lord would happen on Iyar 17, which is the same day, Noah's flood gate opened up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join