It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran claims to have built a flying saucer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Iran claims to have built a flying saucer

english.farsnews.com

The unmanned flying saucer, named "Zohal", was unveiled in a ceremony attended by Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei.

Zohal, designed and developed jointly by Farnas Aerospace Company and Iranian Aviation and Space Industries Association (IASIA), can be used for various missions, specially for aerial imaging.

The flying machine is equipped with an auto-pilot system, GPS (Global Positioning System) and two separate imaging systems with full HD 10 mega-pixel.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.foxnews.com

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I checked to make sure that I'm not posting a duplicate, but, I got a server error. If this is a duplicate, many apologies, and feel free to delete.

I stumbled across this story when I checked FoxNews.com for my daily dose of MSM blabber. I'll link to the FoxNews story below, for anyone wanting an American MSM take on the story. (If you check the original story hoping to see what the saucer looks like, I'm afraid, like me, you'll be disappointed. The picture they chose to represent Zohal appears to be from some 80s movie lol)

The original story stems from farsnews.com, a Iranian state-run news service. This opens to debate if Iran is trying to flex some tech-muscle to make potential invaders think twice, or simply a ploy, possibly to flex faux-tech-muscle. With no pictures to offer, it seems anyones guess is equally plausible.

If Iran's news service is accurate, it definitely intrigues me to think of the saucer technologies being kept under wraps in other places, such as America, Russia, Japan, China, and in European countries.

english.farsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Dephyle

I'm afraid it is. There is already an existing thread.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Yes, there is another thread on this. I actually think duplicate threads are a good thing though. It lets people in on subjects they may have missed. No one wants to go through ATSs large archive of threads searching for older topics.

On the subject, I wish they would release a photo of the aircraft (I'm under the impression that the photo in the story is not the actual aircraft). I wonder how big it is? Is it like a small UAV, or actually the size of what we think UFOs are to be? From the information, I get the feeling that it's really small.

More importantly, how does it run?
edit on 23-3-2011 by KainRich because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Wow good find!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention ill have to check it out. I can't help but feel like the other poster who wonders if thats the real pic or if it's actually just a smaller type craft.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
There is a photo of this alleged UFO [drone] in this article. This is it, a real picture, so go lookey lookey.

UFO DRONE

In fact, here is the picture:

edit on 23-3-2011 by wrathofall because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by wrathofall

Lame! There's nothing saucer like about that rc plane!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by KainRich

haha! Exactly what I was thinking! How on earth can they bill that as a saucer?

Regardless :p Thanks for the pic wrathofall. I actually saw that pic when I searched google images, but I completely ignored it because I didn't figure it was related lol

And thank you to those that informed me this is a duplicate
mods can feel free to do what they will with my thread

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wrathofall

HAHA thanks friend thats a little more like it

Still impressive though just not as impressive as it was

new topics

top topics

join