It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AboveTopSecret - truly top secret?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Do we really believe that if this site had truly top secret or above top secret information that the government would not shut it down?

What are we really posting here? Just normal everyday news that has been posted on one site or another, that anyone can find. I agree that this is a great news portal for those that don't have the time or the drive to find those news stories on their own. I for one am grateful to this site for bringing news from posters and reporters in their own words and being able to debate and discuss these articles.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I dont think the goverment could shut it down, sence its not in america. It is out of reach. Its not top secret, we have talked about this many times, there are goverment IPs on here all the time, so the MODs say.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
For the truly above top secret stuff go here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
People have to stop thinking of the information on this website as pertaining to the "one and only... government".

There is information on this website which pertains, or should I say, be of intelluctual property interest to certain parties and not just "the government" as a whole.

We have had numerous requests, not to mention some rather blunt and arrogant demands, to have information removed which has violated laws and privacy agreements posed by different military/government organsations.

The reason you can't see this is for the simple reason we have had to remove the truely top-secret stuff!

[edit on 22-7-2004 by SimonGray]

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I find this site is mostly for sharing ideas. THe news sparks a lot of ideas but in the end thats what its about, ideas. Real indepth research is more easily done in other ways and classified stuff is quickly pulled.

The secret things I do know I never post here because they are just that, secret. (I actually had a little slip once that I had to edit out. eek)

So this is about talking, sharing ideas, and learning about other people and new things. I've only ever found one way of finding out classified information, and thats being part of the system holding the secret. And to stay a part of the system you must keep confidential things to yourself.

If you were looking for actual government secrets, with solid evidence, you won't find them here, you'd see them in standard major news sources world wide.

The only gray zone in secrecy is when someone is aware of it but can't prove it to others. You see some of that here, but there are so many "i think" and "maybe" post you'll never spot them in all the mess.

The reason you can't see this is for the simple reason we have had to remove the truely top-secret stuff!

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
How can goverments force you to take stuff down seeing as the internet isn't owned by anybody. And its totally international. So what can they do besides hack this sites server to do something about. Wasn't there plans for an F-15 upgrade that got taken down once?

[edit on 7/22/2004 by cyberdude78]

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray
We have had numerous requests, not to mention some rather blunt and arrogant demands, to have information removed which has violated laws and privacy agreements posed by different military/government organsations.

[edit on 22-7-2004 by SimonGray]

hehehe, nice. You know what would make for a great thread Mr. Gray. Post those letters, all of them. Let people see the type of trouble ATS goes through to bring people the cutting edge of information. I think it would be a mile stone to a lot of the users that not only do people listen but they get pissed off too! Good show btw, the structure of ATS is the most effective forum I've ever seen.

-JS

[edit on 22-7-2004 by J0HNSmith]

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Yeah everytime a gov. makes you take down a thread. Mass u2u the warning from the gov. and send a copy of the thread by mass u2u. I'd like to see how many threads are taken down. Do you mind telling everybody how many threads have been taken down.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
People have to get the phrase the government out of their heads when discussing government conspiracies and the removal of information from online properties.

You should use the phrase "different secretive organisations".

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Sorry. But when I say gov. I mean the goverment in question. You just never know which agency is behind a lot of conspiricies so thats probably why a lot of us use the term goverment. But yeah from know on I promise to use the phrase different secretive orgs.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Its the way we was brought up, that our country is the only. So everyone has it in there mind that our country being the only one of importance, is the same that is can do everything and is in control.

Ask anyone that hasnt been out of the US about something out of the US?
Good luck...

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
By Simon Gray

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I want my money back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I have been mislead and deceived. I have been wasted my time waiting for the key to that special forum and now my dreams will never come true.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray
People have to get the phrase the government out of their heads when discussing government conspiracies and the removal of information from online properties.

You should use the phrase "different secretive organisations".

Hmmmm, yeah I can see that point. Secretive organizations also acts as a net that covers everything from privet sector classified research or privet research to branches of organizations that if you were to even mention their name people would be on your door step asking questions you don't want to be answering.

About the request to post the letters, was that a
or a

-js

[edit on 22-7-2004 by J0HNSmith]

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
How can goverments force you to take stuff down seeing as the internet isn't owned by anybody. And its totally international. So what can they do besides hack this sites server to do something about. Wasn't there plans for an F-15 upgrade that got taken down once?

[edit on 7/22/2004 by cyberdude78]

If the information was obtained illegally then there is legal president to remove it from the site. And if it is a threat to "security" often times forced removal is legal. So yes, the may sue ATS and shut it down or Hack it legally. These are options that wouldn't require breaking laws.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
If you are thinking that US law can effect ATS, it cannot. This site isn't American, its English actually, and SimonGray is safe from US law. Also the government will not be having nightmares about ATS because at the end of the day, we are all insane conspiracy theorists to the world. As for UK law, SimonGray is not breaking any law by posting information. If SimonGray was ordering ATS members to resist the NWO by plotting the down fall of government, then this site may be shut down.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Its an international system owned by nobody so it would take a ruling from the UN or something to control the net. So if we don't take down the info whats the worst that can happen. So I'm pretty sure that legally the various secretive organizations can't do anything about it. Maybe against the owner and or operator of a website but thats about it.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
If you are thinking that US law can effect ATS, it cannot. This site isn't American, its English actually, and SimonGray is safe from US law.

(Assuming you are english for this example.)

Oh...so I can steal your credit and personal information via the internet or snail mail. Then take out loans in your name in the US. And no UK laws can effect me?

What if I stole your bank account and creditcard numbers and posted them on a public forum with servers in france? Am I still not in danger of british law? There is nothing you can do to stop me or seek justice? What if a friend of mine stole nuclear technology from china, gave it to me, and I stared giving it away to the rest of the world?

International, Foreign, and Extradition laws are wonderful things.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
If you are thinking that US law can effect ATS, it cannot. This site isn't American, its English actually, and SimonGray is safe from US law.

That's correct... ATS is hosted here in Swindon, Wiltshire - 20 minutes from me

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quest
Oh...so I can steal your credit and personal information via the internet or snail mail. Then take out loans in your name in the US. And no UK laws can effect me?

If you stole my credit card number and personal information, i wouldn't be too happy

International, Foreign, and Extradition laws are wonderful things.

You've got a point there

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Ok I think this has gotten a bit off-topic. Unless you have a law degree don't start quoting who is and isn't liable for what. The fact of the matter that ATS resides in the US "AboveTopSecret.com and the associated universe of domains are owned by Simon Gray and hosted out of Texas, USA" and has to obey whatever laws are applicable. Can we maybe get back to the original topic?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join