It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hello everyone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Hi all, having browsed almost all the forums on this site religiously, almost every day for the past 18 months, I have finally gotten round to joining! Looking forward to being able to contribute something at last.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Hello there
I'm glad you joined in. I think you will like it a lot if you still wanted to join after all this time you lurked. What are some of your favorite topics? I like astronomy, ancient civilizations, metaphysical, paranormal...... I like a lot of stuff! Welcome again.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by superwurzel666

Welcome, what took you so long to join and contribute to the forums.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Thank you for the replies. I love the site but I still know next to nothing about computing except for looking up stuff, so i am often reluctant to join in or do stuff in case I cause some kind of chaos, LOL! Plus the fact that I am on medication which plays havoc with my memory, so I often forget passwords and things! But I love this site so much that i couldn't go any longer without becoming part of the community. After all, I already feel that I know quite a few of you. I have many interests including history, natural history, astronomy, philosophy, physics and the paranormal.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

If you have something to say, don't be afraid to contribute. People may disagree with you here and there, but discussion is the point. And people are always willing to help if you have any questions or problems.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Write down your posting name and password in a little notebook and leave it by your computer. You wouldn't want to miss anything. Hello and welcome!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Hi friend
Im fairly new to ATS also.
Been reading stuff on this site for years, but only joined a few weeks ago, just because i thought i could give a different opinion( my opinion) on my favourite threads.
Still haven't wrote my own thread yet though, got loads of ideas and years of research im itching to share with everyone out there, Don't know where to start though!
I'm looking forward to the debunkers, what about you ?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

No worries, I've wrote them down and also stored them in the messages outbox in my phone, just in case I forget them.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mespen

Hi, Mespan, I know what you mean about not knowing where to start. I'm in the middle of re-reading some of my old Colin Wilson books at the moment. A lot of interesting ideas but there's so much that it's difficult to arrange it all in your mind into some kind of workable order, or you just end up with a lot of random bits of info and a fair few apparent contradictions.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Thats exactly how i feel brother!
How do you start? What should be included? and, How should it finish?
More to the point ----What should i write about?
I have some free time this coming weekend, between now and then im going to think hard about posting an acceptable thread about a subject that im passionate about.
I'll let you know how im getting on and hopefully you might add some good argument....... if i manage to post a thread!
I'll keep you up to date .

edit on 23-3-2011 by mespen because: just spelling issues !!!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mespen

Sorry I spelled your name wrong! Like you I have been reading up on so much lately that I cannot concentrate enough effort into one idea or train of thought. Every time I try to get an idea going, I remember something else I'd just read and then i end up trying to work on about 4 or 5 things at once. Sometimes they're not even all in agreement!

At the moment I'm very interested in Wilson's ladder of selves idea, but I am going to have to read all through it again 'cos by the time I got to about two thirds through the (rather lengthy) book, I'd forgotten most of what I had read!

top topics

join