It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protests in London this saturday, march 26?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Just something to watch for. This isn't some kind of 'call to action' so please don't delete this.

Do you think enough people will show up to have an impact on the minds of the police? They're saying the point is not any kind of physical/violent confrontation, but just a show of mass, to show the police that they are the tiny few upholding the laws of criminals and murderers against the massive amounts of people who just want to live free lives without being forced to slave for evil, rich, 'elite' groups...

After much meditation and thought, I have foreseen that the best way to spiritually help the Police and those who order them around (politicians, big-money interests etc...) is to power-castrate them this coming Saturday in central London. Once a stormtrooper has been power-castrated, humility and ordinary humane feelings can swell back into the soul.
If we are playing a very dangerous game where the stakes are life and death and freedom, we must let those on the "other" side (the cops) know that this is nothing personal against them - they just so happen to uphold a bunch of criminals and murderers.

MESSAGE TO THE POLICE: JOIN US FOR WE ARE LIKE YOU

See you all on Saturday. Current plans are 1pm at Trafalgar Square. There are many groups and events happening all over central London.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Do you REALLY think the government gives a hoot about us? They wont listen, they never do. They always do what is in their own interests. So unless this is an attempt to actually remove them from power, its pointless.

Unfortunately the police work for and protect the government. We are considered the enemy to them. There may be some cops who do the job for the right reasons, but the majority would kill us if ordered to.
edit on 23-3-2011 by Firefly_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The fire inside us, will keep these threads coming. Until one sticks, when the majority has enough to step in the unknown.

This should be transformed in an Global protest in 3days

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
This will be just one of many protests that happen here in the UK, that never go anywhere!

Put simply, the government don't care, the police are doing their jobs and cannot see the problem and the UK populace aren't acting, yes people are annoyed with things. But NOT until every, man, woman and child in this country takes to the streets at the same time and physically ousts the corrupt and inept idiots that are in power, full scale revolution, that is the only way a "protest" will ever have any impact.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
This needs to be an ANTI WAR PROTEST. That is far more important than all the other stuff right now. Yeah, we are being ripped off by our government and the corporations and the banks, but personally, I'd rather have less money and live in a more stable world, than have the government carry out criminal acts in other countries and risk a major conflict. Only removing these criminals from power immediately will do.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
All that we will see is the police doing their kettling tactic again and winding people up, probably followed by a bunch of anarchists ripping stuff up.

We in the UK never do protests terribly well

edit on 23/3/2011 by spolvil because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
This needs to be an ANTI WAR PROTEST.

There is an anti-war protests, and a cuts protests, and the unions and many, many others will be there.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

So what do you think the protests (which you suggest will be a combination effort - so, possibly a diluted effort), hope to achieve? I'm genuinely interested by the way. What are the protests about?

Would it actually be a good result if the police lost control and the government 'fell' in Britain? Not that it's going to happen I hasten to add...

On a side note, having watched the vid, I have to say that the dude in the vid (with a strange mix of a Scottish/US accent, hehe) has one hell of an ego. I certainly would not choose to be one of his disciples.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Ahhhh 'The love police' !

You go guys, hope all goes well, and try to keep it peacefull !!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
They wont listen, they never do.

Poll tax riots - 20 years after violence shook London

After years of mass unemployment and a divisive right wing government that seemed only to care about the rich, there was a lot of resentment. People had had enough and fought back.

Mike, Leeds

Credit the huge amount of people (from all across Europe) who took the time to turn out and voice an opinion in public or credit the rioting, (although, as certain authorities are aware, this generally detracts from public sympathy) either way the demonstration was a turning point.

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours
The fire inside us, will keep these threads coming. Until one sticks, when the majority has enough to step in the unknown.

This should be transformed in an Global protest in 3days

That's the spirit.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
What baffles me, is the amount of people that say things like, 'What good is it going to do' or 'What do you hope to achieve', I mean ffs please wake up. No doubt your fed up like the rest of us about tax hike's, job losses, basic government pilvaging from you & your family & taking away your freedoms, no doubt you complain about it. These protests is to attempt to wake the masses, a gathering of people like you who are fed up, angry & as opposed to you, we are actually going to get up and go do something about it. It has the potential of being the greatest revolution known to man and future generations will thank us for it, its either that or sit back, do nothing and become total slaves to TPTB and have our future generations blame us for letting the world be taken over by corrupt bankers & rulers while on our watch. Its a special time were living in &only we can change whats been planned for us. Nothing may be achieved on saturday on a grand scale, but at least be knowledgable that there is people out there who care, perhaps more than you. And hey, Rome wasnt built in a day. What is needed is an awakening of mass proportion in Europe & america. At lease we here are going to try to start something & not just sit by accepting our fate. For only we the people can stand up to these bastards, for only we on masse can make any real difference, so for the benefit of your family and all future generations, its time to tell TPTB that enough is enough
edit on 23-3-2011 by DarthPhobos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthPhobos

I am awake buddy. No doubt about it.

And that's why I think jumping on some kind of bandwagon, like "Libya for Oil" or "Nasty Tory Cuts" will get dismissed as just that....jumping on a bandwagon, a protest for protest sake. If someone or a group were to arrange a real, proper protest/campaign, with longevity, and that is not likely to have me labelled as some idealistic fringe, conspiracy nut, then I'd be happy to join you there.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

i totally agree with your post, i cant make saturday but i shall be going to the british constitutional group meeting next weekend in stoke on trent bring on lawful rebellion

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DSSONE

If someone or a group were to arrange a real, proper protest/campaign, with longevity, and that is not likely to have me labelled as some idealistic fringe, conspiracy nut, then I'd be happy to join you there.

Half a million people is not a protest for protest sake, What more do you want, do you want someone to come to your door to collect you, is that what it would take, you see the difference can only be made by you, not by someone taking you by the hand. Do you want someone going on TV proclaiming now is the time, cause if your waiting for that, it wont happen, these things begin underground, word of mouth. Joining late might make you feel better but joining earlier at least i can say i tried.

A thread related to this, I made last Saturday HERE
edit on 23-3-2011 by DarthPhobos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

even if you cant make it we ALL need to be doing something ive emailed my local mp and government over the census, im withholding certain payments to banks etc ive joined the british constitutional group
its about time we all got active and told these f'@@@@@g idiots enough is enough there nothing more than a load of greedy lying #ing sleazy bastards that couldnt give a toss about us the actuall people that keep the country going, its time to get angry and we all should be angry because these bastards are threatening the very things in life that most of us cherish, who the # do they think they are dragging us into yet another war

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The main protest for this should remain trouble free. (saturday protests are usualy better attended, and calmer) There won't be any kettling going on with the main protest, I'll almost bet my right knacker on it. However, the feeder marches may well be different. There're loads of different blocs, from the pram bloc, to the anarchist black bloc, students and workers. There's about 10-15 different protests all merging into the big one. (and it is going to be a big one, comparitivly) i've no idea how the sit ins are going to go, I fully expect trafalgar square to be cleared by midnight, not so sure about Hyde park, but most certainly the shops and banks sit ins won't get much past closing time.

Should be a good day, and you've not caled me to arms, as I'm planning on going anyway.
edit on 23/3/2011 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I wonder if we get beat, bruised and battered by trungeons, will we get the world condemning our government & issues for them to stand down or the UN will come. I doubt it, BTW, my ticket was booked a couple of days ago, these coming days, weeks, months years are my calling.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Half a million n London does not seem like a lot to me, especially when it's made up of different groups with different agendas. Though I take your point about people needing to be taken by the hand - which is what the guy in the vid seems to assume, otherwise why make the "broadcast" and be the poster boy for the event?

It's not that I even disagree with the whole concept - just pointing out the effectiveness of such a protest will be limited.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Hopefully it will be a good day, it would be nice to see the British people take our lives and power back into our own hands and take back the streets of our capital and maybe even parliment from the corporote government, even it's just for one day

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Tomorrow! If you can get there, show the government we aren't taking any more of their crap! Yeah I know its more than likely pointless, but who knows, it could be the start of what needs to happen to get our country back.
edit on 25-3-2011 by Firefly_ because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-3-2011 by Firefly_ because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join