It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Oil Spill Hits the Gulf of Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Tens of thousands of abandoned oil wells litter the Gulf If you'll recall, there are an estimated 27,000 abandoned oil wells spread out across the Gulf. 3,500 of those have been left 'temporarily' (read: poorly) sealed, often for decades. The oil company claims it was in the process of plugging the now-leaking well permanently, and that it was "surprised" so much oil escaped.

The Gulf of Mexico can't catch a break. Just a few short months after everyone (except Gulf Coast residents) forgot entirely about the BP spill, it gets hit with another one! Yes, a 30-mile oil slick has been spreading across the Gulf, right near Louisiana's Grand Isle, which was one of the hardest-hit places during that last spill. And since folks hardly seem to remember the BP spill itself, they're even less likely to remember that the AP discovered tens of thousands of unproducing wells -- like the one that's gushing out oil now -- many of which were improperly sealed, and were accidents waiting to happen. Well, looky here.

Continue to site to see more information

Source: www.treehugger.com...
edit on 23-3-2011 by QuickWick because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I live in Louisiana near the Gulf Coast, and our local news isn't reporting this.
Second Line

link   
and these liars were trying to say it was sediment from the Mississippi river....lol...

link   
The number of abandoned wells is staggering, i mean mind bending. How the corporations just sell out the planet like that is???? No words to describe it.... I ask you earthquake guys out there. Is that area prone or known for earthquakes and what if some deep underwater EQ goes off out that way what happens to those wells?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Geeeez.....Oil+Radiation+Ocean=BAD

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlastedCaddy
The number of abandoned wells is staggering, i mean mind bending. How the corporations just sell out the planet like that is???? No words to describe it.... I ask you earthquake guys out there. Is that area prone or known for earthquakes and what if some deep underwater EQ goes off out that way what happens to those wells?

no earthquakes here, and as far as I know no oil spill either.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Existing thread here:

ATS Thread - New Gulf Oil Spil.......

Remember, search is your friend.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by UtahRosebud
Existing thread here:

ATS Thread - New Gulf Oil Spil.......

Remember, search is your friend.

yup
that's why i love ATS, you get the current events while they happen, not days later.
i finally heard about this last night on the news here and thought "wow i read that on ATS a few days a go"

new topics

top topics

join