It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Class Fans Spit on Armstrong

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Here in the US at least in some sports, the home team can be penalized if the fans get out of hand. I wonder if the Germans and/or French or whoever is spitting would keep it up if their own countries suffered. I prefer to keep politics out of sports though. This is extremely unsportsman like conduct though.

In a weird sort of way though, I can see the Germans and/or French spitters may be helping Armstrong. I know if I was bicycling and determined to keep going and not beat the living daylights out of someone spitting, then I might feel a bit angry. The adrenaline would flow and I would feel the energy to bicycle that much harder and faster.

I guess this story shows what kind of class some of the Germans and French citizens have. I've seen bicycle races in the US consisting of racers from all over and not one of us Americans did any spitting on the opposing teams.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyarlathotep

Originally posted by FredT
Its only a matter of time till we see some wack ala Stefi Graf and Armstrong gets hurt.

Do you mean ala Monica Seles? Where she was stabbed in the back by a spectator and was basically never the same?

Edit: spelling

[edit on 7-22-2004 by nyarlathotep]

Sorry, you are correct.... My bad

[edit on 23-7-2004 by FredT]

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
Thier just mad because, hes a big winner, and there big LOSERS! That is some crap, if you dont like him, get someone to beat him.

a european that can beat an american is going to be hard to find for this.

<< 1   >>

join