It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple Meteorite Sightings in North Carolina

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
This is my first post as an ATS member and it is heralded with a meteor... With the advent of so many geological, volvanic, biological, astronomical events occuring at such a rapid pace within the last 2 weeks, a meteor has been multiply sighted in North Carolina.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

www.youtube.com...

www.amsmeteors.org...

lunarmeteoritehunters.blogspot.com...

www.amsmeteors.org...

elpasoallsky.blogspot.com... (forum input on sightings)

“The sky was still light (7:30PM), we made the sighting in a soccer complex parking lot, and many people saw the event. I have seen several bolides but none that appeared to be close, relatively slow moving, so bright, and with such dramatic color transitions. My first thought was that it was a bottle rocket or other firework. But the path had no apparent arc, it moved in a straight line downward. Several other people, including an active military officer, also agreed that it appeared to be a meteorite or other object entering the atmosphere.”

2011-03-22 19:30 EDT Tom Rickenbach Greenville, NC

www.amsmeteors.org...

your Planetary Sister

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I have been thinking that strange things have been going on here in N.C since a week before the quake in Japan.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I think this is an actual picture that I found on the local news site.

Source

Thanks for posting i live in NC so was really interested in this one. Wish I was in Eastern NC
edit on 3/23/2011 by Phantom28804 because: (no reason given)

join