Go Silver Go!

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33 >>

join

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
The traditional metals smackdown ahead of NFP was exacerbated today by the romp in equities, with margin called stock traders liquidating winning PM positions to cover. Silver has a strong industrial heritage and will typically sell-off with equities in reaction to general economic uncertainty...ditto the PM mining stocks. My core Jr portfolio closed -3.76%, and my biggest hit was an emerging Silver producer -11.17%. This close correlation, or sensitivity to the economic cycle is a major factor in Silvers' historical volatility.

GL

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
So here is the most interesting piece of email I got this morning. A little ominous when I see the "suggestions" for preparation towards the middles of the content. hmmmm.....

- Franklin Sanders, The Moneychanger
The-MoneyChanger.com

Look for Lower Silver and Gold Prices

Posted: 05 Aug 2011 04:46 PM PDT
Gold Price Close Today : 1,648.80
Gold Price Close 29-Jul : 1,628.30
Change : 20.50 or 1.3%

Silver Price Close Today : 3819.7
Silver Price Close 29-Jul : 4009.2
Change : -189.50 or -4.7%

Gold Silver Ratio Today : 43.166
Gold Silver Ratio 29-Jul : 40.614
Change : 2.55 or 6.3%

Silver Gold Ratio : 0.02317
Silver Gold Ratio 29-Jul : 0.02462
Change : -0.00146 or -5.9%

Dow in Gold Dollars : $ 143.65
Dow in Gold Dollars 29-Jul : $ 154.16
Change : $ (10.51) or -6.8%

Dow in Gold Ounces : 6.949
Dow in Gold Ounces 29-Jul : 7.458
Change : -0.51 or -6.8%

Dow in Silver Ounces : 299.97
Dow in Silver Ounces 29-Jul : 302.88
Change : -2.91 or -1.0%

Dow Industrial : 11,457.93
Dow Industrial 29-Jul : 12,143.24
Change : -685.31 or -5.6%

S&P 500 : 1,201.16
S&P 500 29-Jul : 1,292.28
Change : -91.12 or -7.1%

US Dollar Index : 74.489
US Dollar Index 29-Jul : 73.868
Change : 0.621 or 0.8%

Platinum Price Close Today : 1,719.00
Platinum Price Close 29-Jul : 1,778.10
Change : -59.10 or -3.3%

Palladium Price Close Today : 740.10
Palladium Price Close 29-Jul : 826.10
Change : -86.00 or -10.4%

Despite the turmoil this week, the GOLD PRICE managed to gain $20.50, while the SILVER PRICE took a bad whupping with a barbed wire whip, but nothing compared to stocks. The PLATINUM PRICE tanked and PALLADIUM PRICE busted. Leave them alone.

Can you picture how the phone lines are heating up from central bank to central bank around the world? Hot enough to fry peppers. Poor Nice Government Men, trying to prop up the euro and stop that money from flying into their own currency. Japanese were brash enough to come out and announce it.

US Dollar Index today lost 63.5 basis points to 74.489, down 0.82%. Gave back half of what it gained yesterday. THIS is how NGM "stabilize" markets.

Despite all, Dollar Index has certainly not broken down and is still grinding out a bottom from which to stage a rally. Remember than in 2008 dollar rallied from 76.15 in late September to 88.19 in November. Panic does that.

Euro mysteriously rose today to close 1.4291, up 1.35%. A great Potemkin currency. Look for 120.

Yen regained some of yesterday's huge loss, closing Y78.43/$ (127.51c/Y100). Still below 20 day moving average and still with that samurai sword hanging over it.

I was just curious what the measured targets of those head and shoulders formations in the S&P500 and Dow might be, so I calculated them: 10,904 for the Dow and 1,140 for the S&P500. Now I know the problem with watching markets is that we grow too pessimistic when the market's dropping and too optimistic when it's rising. You might see a sudden rally back up to 12,000. Might. But 10,904 isn't far from here, either.

Dow rose 0.65% or 74.25 points today to close at 11,457.93. Muse a moment. January 2000 [sic] high was 11,722. Ten years later, stocks are still where they were. Merely to have stayed even with inflation the Dow would have to be 15,365. That's nearly a 25% purchasing power loss. In the same time they've lost over 80% against gold and silver.

Stocks -- like sending out for the barber to bleed you when you have pneumonia.

The GOLD PRICE couldn't quite make up its mind today, ranging from 1670 to 1647.75, but closed near the day's low on Comex at $1,648.80, down $7.40. Then in the aftermarket it kept climbing to $1,663.

Don't get too excited about that. It can well be explained as shorts covering before the weekend in what may be a world wide panic. Anyway, it didn't take gold high enough to do anything more than establish a downtrend with a lower high. The GOLD PRICE has drawn its line in the sand at $1,640. Strong support lurks at $1,605. If gold closes above $1,680, that will tell us it has decided to RISE during this financial crisis instead of falling.

Look for lower GOLD PRICES.

If I contented myself with saying silver had lost 189.5c from Friday to Friday, I would be calling King Kong a "fair-sized monkey." From the week's high close at 4174.7c silver lost 355c to close Comex today at 3819.7c. It lost 122.1c today.

Gold/Silver ratio closed at 43.166, up a full ounce from yesterday.

Silver had a huge 230c range today from 3981 to 3749. After yesterday's huge waterfall silver's bounce was tiny, and regained nothing. Climbed in the aftermarket a little, but clearing books for the looming weekend explains that.

The SILVER PRICE will move lower. First target is the 200 day moving average, now at 3366c. Any close above 4175c gainsays that.

The mess in Europe is not fixable. The banks might be cobbled together again, but not without swift, decisive measures. Of all the EU government and EC responses, none have been swift and decisive. Since they have only two weapons, Liquidity and Blarney, they have only one choice: PRINT MORE MONEY. Caught in the deadly contagion of crisis and panic in the interwebbed world of Globalism they themselves have woven, US authorities will respond with the same weapon: PRINT MORE MONEY.

This will worsen all the economic problems, perhaps even ushering in a hyperinflationary depression. In the immediate future there's better than a 50/50 chance Europe will drag the US into crisis. Here are my suggestions for self-protection:

1. Get liquid. Pay down debt as much as you can. Sell non-performing investments, like stocks, or investments that will suffer from depression or inflation.

2. Close out leveraged positions. Markets are way too volatile for that.

3. Hold on to silver and gold.

4. Hang on to cash anticipating great bargains in a crisis. Remember gold went to $700 and silver to 880c. Gold/silver ratio went to 84, offering a great gold to silver swap. Not expecting those numbers again, but we might see the analogs.

5. Fill up propane tanks, home gasoline or diesel tanks.

6. Stock up on food -- long term storage food, not smoked oysters and tomato soup. Rice, for instance. Dehydrated food. MREs.

7. Stock up on ammo.

8. Get out of the city, or at least have a country place waiting to receive you.

Don't wait, and don't misunderstand. The numbers above are NOT my targets for silver and gold. As yet I am not even sure gold will act as it did the last time, plummeting while the dollar rocketed. Maybe gold will drain off some of that flight to quality from the dollar.

Don't be fooled by my calm words, either. Y'all are reading the equivalent of an air raid siren, and y'all had better run for cover.

MILK NAZIS STRIKE AGAIN! Government guardians of the public health are at it again, arresting the owners of Rawesome Foods in Los Angeles and even the head of the local Weston A. Price Foundation chapter. What called forth the SWAT team? Milk. Deadly raw milk. You see, in Los Angeles the murder rate is so low, and drug traffic so rare, the authorities have time to focus on the real criminals who dare to sell raw milk, which, after all, has not yet been proven safe in the 6,500 years mankind has been guzzling it. If the government didn't stop this insolent crime why, health might break out all over, and what would we do then? Who would drink the High Fructose Corn Syrup soft drinks? Who would take all Big Pharma's drugs? It would be a national catastrophe.

The purpose of all regulation is to stifle competition. Milk is the most consumed food in the US. Who subsidizes the milk industry that produces all that dead and deadly pasteurized milk? Whoops -- the US government.

My dear friend Catherine Austin Fitts published an article today analyzing the effect of stifling competition. Y'all will want to go read it at solari.com... Don't miss it.

Y'all enjoy your weekend.

Argentum et aurum comparenda sunt -- -- Gold and silver must be bought.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Attention –– Due to the uncertainty in the global precious metals markets, we will not be able to accept any additional orders until the global markets re-open in Asia. We expect to be accepting orders around 6:15 pm EST. Sunday August 7th, 2011, following the market open.

From APMEX, this morning

expect high volatility.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Skerrako

Wow! Lets see what happens this week!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Ok, this is strange. Looked at the site where I buy my physical and found a new heading:

"Temporary pricing in effect due to market volatility "

silvergoldbull.com...

No idea what this means but it's a first. I also have the feeling that Silver is going to hit $40 and up today as Gold is opening at 1690.00

Any thoughts?

edit on 7-8-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Silver is up over 4.75% .
Check out that nearly vertical little green line.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
40.22 US and 39.46 CAD...we're gonna hit 40 and up as well.

Go Silver Go!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
So volatility is there, but still stuck under 40.

thesilverlog.blogspot.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
The miners are what I am watching. How far will they fall? They keep looking better, and better.
HL, SSRI, PAAS. MMmm. Too dangerous to jump it, but soon.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Ok, this is strange. Looked at the site where I buy my physical and found a new heading:

"Temporary pricing in effect due to market volatility "

silvergoldbull.com...

No idea what this means but it's a first. I also have the feeling that Silver is going to hit $40 and up today as Gold is opening at 1690.00

Any thoughts?

edit on 7-8-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

Ok, got an email. Looks like a play to instill uncertainty and an attempt to start a buying frenzy.The only thing I agree with is the sign off line "Build Your Wealth in Ounces"

This is a very important notice from Silver Gold Bull regarding pricing for the remainder of today, Sunday August 7th, 2011.

Due to current global market instability, and the fear Friday's downgrade of the United States' credit rating has caused, we have been forced to temporarily raise prices of all precious metals on our website. This reaction is in anticipation of a massive spike in metals prices upon the opening of Asian markets at 6pm est. tonight, which at this point is the pervading fear amongst all of us in the precious metals industry. This is a measure which we reserve for only the most serious of circumstances, and this scenario is one of them. Furthermore, in scanning the marketplace we have taken notice that many competitors have ceased the sale of precious metals on their respective websites altogether and we felt that this was a better compromise for our customers at this time.

There is no doubt that many of pour customers will be upset or unhappy about this reaction, but the potential consequences of leaving prices as they are and the price of precious metals spiking in overnight trading could be catastrophic for the sustainability of Silver Gold Bull. As always, we are committed to being not only one of the best priced bullion dealers in the marketplace, but just as importantly, one of the best and most sustainably run.

Rest assured, normal pricing will resume first thing tomorrow, Monday August 8th, at or just before 9:30am Eastern time.

Build your wealth in ounces.

Sincerely

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I'm showing spot Gold up 1.80% and another record close, while spot Silver @ minus 0.32% is trading down with the equity markets. Gold is a primary safe haven currency, and in spite of the recent inflow of new investment capital (Silver Liberation Army, JPM default et al) Silver still has a primary industrial reference with associated speculative interest and volatility.

Gold is cash, Silver is flash. - Jim Sinclair

GL

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
We should expect QE3 today...OMG things are starting to roll fast!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
OMG, they are jumping and kicking the price of silver down AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Starting to get frustraited... -5.52% and -2$
edit on 9-8-2011 by Kelmi because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-8-2011 by Kelmi because: link added

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Silver looking nice once again. +40$ only to get slammed down again????
...i dont mind! I know what is going to happen, and i can still keep stacking in low price.

Im now selling my apartment and if it all goes well im paying my mortgage and buying min.1000oz of silver.
"All in"
I will regret it later if i dont do this now? What you guys think?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kelmi
Silver looking nice once again. +40$ only to get slammed down again????
...i dont mind! I know what is going to happen, and i can still keep stacking in low price.

Im now selling my apartment and if it all goes well im paying my mortgage and buying min.1000oz of silver.
"All in"
I will regret it later if i dont do this now? What you guys think?

I'm all in for physical as well.

Even Canada is at 40.23 as well so looks like it's going as predicted. Thanks to that recent low dip a few weeks ago I was able to get in more at 33 per so I'm smiling.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
anyone else noticing that Gold is about to be more valuable than platinum if it raises much higher???
just kind of odd to me, seems like not that long ago, platinum was worth quite a bit more than gold....

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Nice push in silver today so far. up more the 4%.

When ever there is a rise like this it always makes you wish you bought more!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Gold margin hikes coming soon

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Nice push in silver today so far. up more the 4%.

When ever there is a rise like this it always makes you wish you bought more!

42.50 Canadian...

'scuse me while I do my Happy Dance!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
We might see a nice shortsqueeze next week?

silvergoldsilver.blogspot.com...

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33 >>

join