It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Go Silver Go!

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

I remember when bit coin was starting to become popular around the time paypal was stopping payments to wikileaks but never looked into it. I always do my own DD but from the links you provided it seems like a pretty feasible currency. I am always for diversification (I hold Dollars, Euros, Yuan, Rupees, Silver and Gold). How funny would it be TPTB decide to use this format for a one world currency? Bitcoins backed by gold.

(takes off tin foil hat and crumples it up)

Is it possible yet to get a debit card with bitcoin currency on it? That would be a big step

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Skerrako

yeah I think there are alot of debit style things in the works. I saw a site where you put your bitcoins on a card but I can't remember the name. I dont think bitcoins will ever be backed by anything, maybe gold will be backed by bitcoins. lol. I like anything that deals with P2P and will give it a sporting chance.

(eats your tinfoil hat)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Interesting. Silver rises and gold continues its correction.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by wisdomnotemotion

It is interesting.

What are your thoughts on it?

Thanx

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by wisdomnotemotion

It is interesting.

What are your thoughts on it?

Thanx

Thats a rare site to see. Im sure we are going to see alot of wacky things in the coming months

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

The dollar index drops and so does silver, it goes up and silver does as well.

This is never how it has been historically, and the reverse correlation is puzzling.

Although this is exactly how the market was in February right before the large leaps and falls in silver we saw around the time of the Arab civil uprisings.

A sign of things to come perhaps?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Seen this?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
So when QE2 ends im thinking we will be hitting the 200 day ave at $30. what are your guys thoughts?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
So when QE2 ends im thinking we will be hitting the 200 day ave at $30. what are your guys thoughts?

You think it'll drop to 30 at the end of QE2? I think the opposite actually. It's a wait and see game right now.

I don't know whether to cheer or shake my fist!

Actually, I still hold to it going straight up when the SHTF so a little drop will allow me to get my monster box.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

You think it'll drop to 30 at the end of QE2? I think the opposite actually. It's a wait and see game right now.

Actually, I still hold to it going straight up when the SHTF so a little drop will allow me to get my monster box.

Yeah think about it. with QE2 ending your going to have the USD get stronger, because we are not printing anymore, Stocks should fall on a stronger USD as well as Metals. Thats my take. once stocks fall to much and they clame "deflation" you will have ben bernake fire up the printer again.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Yeah think about it. with QE2 ending your going to have the USD get stronger, because we are not printing anymore, Stocks should fall on a stronger USD as well as Metals. Thats my take. once stocks fall to much and they clame "deflation" you will have ben bernake fire up the printer again.

I may be wrong here but the only thing keeping the dollar up is the printing of it. Weird I know but that was their solution. When they stop, it'll trigger inflation as there won't be enough in circulation and then that will weaken the dollar. Print more and it it will again weaken it to the point of being just more paper.

Round and Round it goes and my theory is just as good as theirs I guess. If they knew the answer, they'd fix it....or would they?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Did anyone notice the open contracts for July? There are 121,709 which equates to about 608,510,000 ounces.

The question becomes how many will stand for delivery?

Well let's look at last month:

May contracts= 69,555 and 2,166 stood for delivery which is 3% of the total contract.

If 3% percent stand for delivery in July (I will bet it will be closer to 5%) that would be 1284 contracts and 18,255,300 oz of silver, bringing the COMEX under 10 million ounces. If 5% demand delivery then the gig will be up

When will the morons on Wall Street wake up to the fact that the is no more silver in the COMEX, even though Millions of ounces are supposed to be held there for investors? When it is at Zero?

ntopinion.blogspot.com...
www.cmegroup.com...
www.zerohedge.com...
ntopinion.blogspot.com...

Edit for the correct numbers
edit on 15-6-2011 by Skerrako because: Fixed math

edit on 15-6-2011 by Skerrako because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Skerrako

wow nice catch, we are so close to the edge. silver doing well for such a large jump in the USD today
edit on 15-6-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Thats because Everyone is running away from the Euro, some pretty real sh*t going on in Greece right now

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
went to two coin dealers and a pawn shop to cash in some of my silver; they offered me 12 to 1. no deal.
will try e-bay.
I figure I'm hoarding the silver for food after the apocalypse (or the rampant inflation, or whatever) so might as well buy and store some now.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by works4dhs
went to two coin dealers and a pawn shop to cash in some of my silver; they offered me 12 to 1. no deal.
will try e-bay.
I figure I'm hoarding the silver for food after the apocalypse (or the rampant inflation, or whatever) so might as well buy and store some now.

What silver were u trying to sell? Bars, rounds or?

12-1?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
yeah whats the 12-1 thing? nows not the time to sale silver

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

yeah whats the 12-1 thing? nows not the time to sale silver

I sure as hell ain't selling mine.

What's up?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

will try e-bay.

12-1?

90% US coins.
halves, some dimes.
they were offering me $12 per $1 face value, roughly 1 oz silver. with silver $36/oz I figured that was way lowball.
not selling all of it.
edit on 16-6-2011 by works4dhs because: typo

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

will try e-bay.

12-1?

90% US coins.
halves, some dimes.
they were offering me $12 per $1 face value, roughly 1 oz silver. with silver $36/oz I figured that was way lowball.
not selling all of it.
edit on 16-6-2011 by works4dhs because: typo

Depending on the coins and the purity, you might want to reconsider the offer.

IMO

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join