It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Go Silver Go!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Silver eagles are being sold for $50 a peace on E-bay right now! I got 84 of those babies.

I just want to put them on the ground and roll around in them
edit on 21-4-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

Why are people paying higher prices than they can get them elsewhere. I have seen some buffalo rounds for 55. Don't get it.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Silver eagles are being sold for $50 a peace on E-bay right now! I got 84 of those babies.

Why are people paying higher prices than they can get them elsewhere. I have seen some buffalo rounds for 55. Don't get it.

no im not buying them, i have had them for 3-4 months now. there being sold way over spot.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

no im not buying them, i have had them for 3-4 months now. there being sold way over spot.

Exactly, so why are people buying these over price?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

E-Bay has always been like that, it's one of the best market indicators of what the going rate is, and what buyers are willing to pay. If you go to your local coin shop, you have about a zero % chance of even getting spot.

Over the years I've sold hundreds of Oz. of silver on E-Bay during my occasional "Yard Sales". I always open an auction at .99 with "No Reserve" for the low posting fee.

Those auctions have ended a couple bucks over spot, and the buyer has paid for the shipping... every single time.

While I have always taken great care to supply the best images my camera can get of an item, an ounce of silver is still an ounce of silver.

The buyers have always been happy, and I still maintain a 100% positive feedback after 10+ years.

Odd, I know, but it's a great place to sell when the time comes.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
apmex has new eagles for $52.57, $54.15 depending on how you want to pay for them.....
so well, seems like you are getting a better deal off of ebay now than you would them.....
it depends on what form the silver is in, there are some silver bullion that is worth over $100 over spot...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
apmex has new eagles for $52.57, $54.15 depending on how you want to pay for them.....
so well, seems like you are getting a better deal off of ebay now than you would them.....
it depends on what form the silver is in, there are some silver bullion that is worth over $100 over spot...

Interesting indeed.

I guess a couple of bucks profit per coin adds up over time.

Thanks

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

After reading Trader Dan, I can see a little something through the lines that some of his other bloggers are not hearing or maybe not wanting to acknowledge.

'Trader' Dan Norcini is the consummate commodities trader, very grounded. I follow Jim Sinclair and James Turk for the best in fundamentals. Sweet Jesse at Café Américain is another experienced trader, and his macro is top drawer. I find T. Ferguson both sharp and entertaining. Apparently his new blog has really struck a positive nerve in the PM community. Jim Willie will walk you to the edge of the rabbit hole, then Bix Weir will grab you by the arm and pull you all the way in. Of course, no PM investors quiver is really complete without a subscription to Bill Murphy's Le Metropole Cafe imo. Shucks, too many qualified analysts to list 'em all, maybe others would like to share a few of their favorites.

Good to see a PM veteran like dawnstar posting up...always good information. Missing a few of the others though....

questioningall

burntheships

Rockpuck

et al

GL

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
My friend who shorted 2 times now, shorted again today to average out his losses. I'm sure he wishes he would have just bought silver.

I was checking out copper today cause I never have and it looks like its in all time high territory.

www.kitcometals.com...

My question would be, why is copper so high? Its not like copperbugs are hoarding it (or maybe they are? secret club?). Isn't this a direct indicator of the value of the dollar?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
I was checking out copper today cause I never have and it looks like its in all time high territory.

www.kitcometals.com...

My question would be, why is copper so high? Its not like copperbugs are hoarding it (or maybe they are? secret club?). Isn't this a direct indicator of the value of the dollar?

Base metal production slowed when the world fell apart in 08. As the dust settled, renewed demand from emerging BRIC economies 2009/10 placed stress on dwindling stockpiles. Add the additional supply off-take from several upcoming copper based ETF's.

JP Morgan revealed as mystery trader that bought £1bn-worth of copper on LME

BlackRock sees strong interest in copper-backed ETF

Here's a good page for live [delayed] futures quotes mayabong. Click on 'Copper' for a longer term view...pretty consistent run beginning June 2010.

Link

GL

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Well, now Canada hits 45 for the first time.

I'm hoping for a correction before close today but I have my doubts.

Anyone wanna weigh in on this?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Imho, this is the correction

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Looks like we opened with a bang.

Any thoughts on the week?

CAD 45.43

US 47.66

Is this the week we'll hit $50?

IMO. US yes...CAD...90%

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Wow each day it shoots up like this its more scary to me. I'm not selling my physical but might start a trading account just to trade etf's for a little while to buy the dips. If there ever are any.

edit on 24-4-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...
I feel good

I read ATS
I found the foresite valuable...
The loan arranger he be nice to me
I got the bullets

Loan arranger:
Oh oh Tonto, we sold all that paper short and we are down to one silver bullet each...
and we are surrounded by physical silver backed indians....
we are about to get scalped what are we going to do...?"

Tonto:
"What do you mean we kimosabe?"

edit on 24-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Wow... 47.695 US

I'm not complaining.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
bejebus! paper
its getting riskier every day

MORGAN STANLEY could default anytime and the paper will not translate well in the related etfs
though mining stocks did OK in the depression....about the only thing that did along with physical metal.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
Wow each day it shoots up like this its more scary to me. I'm not selling my physical but might start a trading account just to trade etf's for a little while to buy the dips. If there ever are any.

edit on 24-4-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

Only problem I'm seeing is that the dips are insignificant and short lived. You'd have to live on the net 24 hrs/day to gain.

IMO

Now, if you see a substantial dip in one day (or even a nice slide) with no upturn at closing on that same day...GO! That's the window I'm waiting for.

Only my opinion.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
bejebus! paper
its getting riskier every day

MORGAN STANLEY could default anytime and the paper will not translate well in the related etfs
though mining stocks did OK in the depression....about the only thing that did along with physical metal.

I treat the market like toilet paper....use it quickly and flush. Never keep it around hoping it'll turn into roses.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

So you trade ETF's too? which trader do you use? Is it just like buying a stock? $9.99 or something?

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join