It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation Levels for Western U.S. - please post here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Hi, all,

I am not trying to play into the fear of the nuclear crisis in Japan, but since the Japanese isn't monitoring the radiation levels over there, and since our government doesn't really seem to be monitoring the radiation levels over here (or if they are, they aren't telling us what they are), I thought it would be helpful for us to start our own thread.

Here's my idea. If you have a Geiger counter, and you are living in the Western US (or if you have access to radiation levels), could you post your location, and the readings?

I don't have one, but I live in the Phoenix area if anyone here in Arizona happens to have a reading....

Thanks
edit on 23-3-2011 by nikiano because: title change

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

Sorry, I live on the East coast and I do not have a Geiger counter but I found this link of where the plume will most likely head. I've seen this almost exactly from 3 different sources.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

Excellent idea.
I've family and friends I may be able to get info from amd post...
Good job

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

look here...
www.blackcatsystems.com...

and here.
www.radiationnetwork.com...

and DONT panic.. its going to be ok...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Thanks to everyone who has posted links so far.

As far as I can tell, the alert level is 100, and so far (on the radiation maps), nothing is even coming close to that, so that's good....but I'd like to keep an eye on the levels for the next few weeks, just to be safe. Especially since the reactors in Japan are now bellowing black smoke.

Anyone know how long it takes for the Jet Stream to reach from Japan to the west coast of the U.S.?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Here's a link to one in LA www.ustream.tv...
and one in Boulder City/Las Vegas www.ustream.tv... ity-nv-las-vegas The vegas one is kind of long so in case it cuts off it's the URL below.
www.ustream.tv...
edit on 23-3-2011 by kittendaydreamer because: removed spaces from url

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Cool links darrman, thanks.

Nikiano, I live in a small town in north central AZ. that has been designated a super-fund site by the EPA because of the old mine tailings, I don't think you want me to take a Geiger counter outside and start measuring things.

People might start to freak.

I lived in Phx. for 20 years and I've seen the air quality change drastically in that time. Take McDowell Rd to the buttes that are right by the zoo in the evening, stop, get out of your car and look towards Phx. with your back to Scottsdale. Radiation from Japan should be the least of your worries my friend.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Stay on topic

can you guys stop posting when you dont have a reading

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by darrman
reply to post by nikiano

look here...
www.blackcatsystems.com...

and here.
www.radiationnetwork.com...

and DONT panic.. its going to be ok...
You did say this tongue-in-cheek, I trust. It's not exactly confidence-building to see the caption, "Are your friends panicked by media coverage of the event? Share this page so they can see things are currently normal.", on the page as if they already knew what future numbers were going to show.

Still, there's almost no way these detectors are going to be able to see much of anything that originated at Fukushima, anyway. You pretty much have to have some kind of detection on your body that has a chance of accumulating radioactive input.

See www.ki4u.com... for very detailed information.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd

i have half a reading from holland
it was about 50 times normal and very dangerous
it was just a comment to a news
dutch linky rewww.telegraaf.nl...,1port so it could be fake
edit on 23-3-2011 by icecold7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Don't forget though when looking at these levels...that all the Government has to do is say"Hey, for security reasons and to keep your family safe (hint..Hint) we suggest you NOT give out the real reading" and these places will bow down and do as they say. it's happened many times before....Best bet is to find a single person who is reliable that has some way of measuring these rates and get the info from them....

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Compliments of zerohedge:

ZeroHedge

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I don't know the radiation levels but my fish grew a third eye.
JK but seriously. Don't worry about radiation levels... Everything is going to be okay!
I'm super serial..

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caji316
Don't forget though when looking at these levels...that all the Government has to do is say"Hey, for security reasons and to keep your family safe (hint..Hint) we suggest you NOT give out the real reading" and these places will bow down and do as they say. it's happened many times before....Best bet is to find a single person who is reliable that has some way of measuring these rates and get the info from them....

Yeah, that's kind of why I started this thread...because I'm not so sure that any government sponsored site is going to be accurate or trustworthy at this point.
edit on 23-3-2011 by nikiano because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

first of all, to answer that I think it varies on wind speed, 3 - 5 days I think? secondly you don't know for 100% sure that there's any radiation in the jet stream yet, right now it's being carried by the lower slow winds which means it has more time to disperse

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by icecold7

how could the radiation be higher in holland than it is on the west coast if we're supposed to be the ones hit with it? lol i call fake

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

How much do gieger counters cost? I would like to see some west coast personal readings posted to this thread. Even if I have to go buy one myself.

SnF
edit on 23-3-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-3-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Want to know the best way to tell if you are getting a little exposure? You will get a metallic taste on your tounge. That simple.

Or.............................look for dead birds.
edit on 23-3-2011 by Analyze76 because: Had to add natural Radiation detecting

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
WOW.... when you look at the timeline for where the wind is draging the nuclear fallout, it almost looks like it was done on purpose lol, comon, right at the end of their cost, so all the wind takes it to our country, swamping the entire thing... they dont even have to nuke us
edit on 24-3-2011 by WanderingThe3rd because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join