It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just in! Nuclear Radiation Fallout in Washington State reaches 62 rads!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

No I can not say I do have that information, however there is documentation since Japan, it would show this rise just fine I believe... I really do not follow this stuff, my statements are based upon my observations alone.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Everyone keeps saying were screwed on the west coast. If radiation can travel 5000 miles why would it just stop on the west coast? Wouldn't it be on the east coast a couple of days later?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by blackcat99

the numbers fluctuate though, this morning vancouver was at 11 and right now it's at 16......two days ago it was at 9 so its a flux and them being higher today than they were last week doesn't really mean much unless they go up and stay up

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by xsheep

500 to 1000 in total or like on a continued basis? sorry, i'm just oblivious to this kind of stuff per hour per minute per day thing either way if its 500 in total i guess we'll know if there's detrimental radiation in 5 days because I was out every day this week so far and a good chunk of last week...no ill effects yet lol

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Any evidence other than "a friend said"?
62 rads per minute?
62 rads per hour?
62 rads per day?
edit on 3/23/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

You are exactly right. And to say "62 rads" without specifying the Q factor is meaningless gibberish spoken by someone who wouldn't make such a fatal mistake if they knew anything at all about the physics of radiation. It is exactly the same as saying "OMG, the count is now up to 62 slushies."
Some journalists and their followers have such inferiority complexes that they have to be a part of everything. Then they betray it by publishing their scientific ignorance.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Were we evacuated on the west coast when we nuked japan during ww2? Nope. How about when the govt detonated hundreds of nukes in the atmosphere back in the day? Nope. We are all still here.

Stop fear mongering.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I was almost tempted to make a wordpress blog and start a "ATS members inability to find reliable sources, attempt # 9923948 found on web!!"

but then decided stuff it..

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
RAD to REM conversion

RAD x QF = REM
QF is the type of radiation
For x-ray, gamma rays, and beta radiation use a QF = 1
For neutron radiation use a QF = 10 (actually 3 to 10 depending on energy level but the 10 is normally used)
For alpha radiation use a QF = 20

Most of the fallout should be from Iodine 131 with a half life of 8 days
I-131 decays via beta radiation

Sooooooooo
You should use a QF of 1 to convert Rad to Rem in this case

Legal yearly limit for a nuclear worker in the US is 5 Rem/year

IF this web posting were true, you would see huge increases on radiationnetwork count rates
To convert CPM to REM
1000 CPM for beta radiation = 1 mRem or .001 REM

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Anyone in USA should urgently take note of this information. Though ultimately it will come to us all. Traces in Iceland already.
www.idealist.ws...
The problem is that a lot of damage is cumulative and we have likely already been exposed due to incidents not always reported.
Why do you think there is such an increase in cancer? It's not all down to longer life spans or higher detection rates. It's the sort of thing that comes back to bite you, years down the line. If you happened to have been in a hot spot, it could be sooner. Russian roulette anybody?
edit on 24-3-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Dont worry Mr. O said it is safe.

He is telling you not to worry ok.

You will all be fine.

Once he is out of office you will forget all about it and you will not get cancer for at least 5-10 years. Unless you have preexisting conditions where your immune system may be compromised .Then your body will not be able to destroy the rouge genes that go crazy when exposed to radiation.

Why don't people freek about this is beyond me.

I guess it is because there is nothing that they can do.

Oh well we die no biggie right.

I know radiation is not good for you.

It is a proven fact.

But we deem it acceptable to allow the public to use cells and cell tower tech. RF is bad any way you slice it.

People really have no clue what they are exposed to on a daley basis.

I challenge anyone to get a microwave survey meter and stand at the bottom of a tower or acroos from a tower on a hill and tell me that it is in the range of ALIRA standards.

We are all getting rad poisioning. Now we are getting even more from Japan fallout.

It is ok it wont kill you right away folks so don't worry.

By the way we are not even going to look at ground and ocean water contamination because if you know that you will impeach me as the president.

If p[eople really knew what they were exposed with. not including the sats the fly over and blast high power radar at us.

We wonder why moms get breast cancer and dads get testiculatr cancer, lung cancer. bone cancer.

This is from our beloved tech.

Next time you spend 20 minutes on your cell good luck....

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by onyx718

I am in Vancouver. The underlying problem is that because of the all-encompassing power of the US and Canadian governments we cannot trust that these readings aren't made up.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by alpinestar
Everyone keeps saying were screwed on the west coast. If radiation can travel 5000 miles why would it just stop on the west coast? Wouldn't it be on the east coast a couple of days later?

IF it's from the leak, it's not so simple.

First, these numbers go up and down all the time. You get spikes that can last for seconds to hours. You'll go nuts if you leave a Geiger counter on, it's tick...tick...tick..BUUUURRRPBZZZZZZZ...tick...tick...tick and you'll never know what the ruckus was about. Maybe a star a few hundred light years away ate an asteroid or something, but it's never the same all the time. Up, down, burst, up, down, burst.

Second, it's not "radiation traveling", that's a confusing way to look at it. It's radioactive particulates. A cloud of gas in the case of radioiodine or radiocesium, Maybe tiny dust sized clumps of crap from rods burning. As it travels, some will drop into the ocean. Some will become less radioactive - the half life of radioiodine is eight days, so it loses half its activity every eight days that pass. It'll hit and stick to land as it passes, or be rained into the dirt, and it'll disperse and become less dense. So it's not like a wave of something immutable that's sweeping across the land like sunrise, it's more like a long range poisonous fart. The more room it's got to spread in, the less it stinks.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by tomjones69

I'm in vancouver too and like I said, i've been out basically every day since the trace amounts of radiation have been detected. So far there's nothing wrong with me so they're obviously not deathly high or dangerous. And I'm not just relying on websites for readings either. I do have friends who are absolutely batcrap insane taking readings as well. One just wasted a ton of money on gas masks....i pointed out to her gas masks will do nothing if you're out walking around in irradiated enviromnets...you wont breath it in but she failed to note that skin exposure will still happen.

I'm still of the school we won't need gas masks and theres no possible way the government could cover up this "leathal" plume coming...theres enough people looking for it. I'm also of the school that the government does not cover 100% of everything up though, somethings...yes...everything....not quite.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
'tis just in: Japan doesn't panic, because *gasp* they actually know the differences between rads, rems and

*drumroll*

counts - per - minute

rofl

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join