It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just in! Nuclear Radiation Fallout in Washington State reaches 62 rads!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Amazing. We have a guy starting a thread with "a friend said" and we have posters who don't even bother with it, and post something more or less feeding the thread in a positive manner.

A friend of mine said radiation levels were just normal in Washington State. All the more reason to not take many threads on ATS seriously since the surge of new members.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Any evidence other than "a friend said"?
62 rads per minute?
62 rads per hour?
62 rads per day?
edit on 3/23/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

It's probably a spike to 62 counts per minute that happened once.

@thread:

20-30 counts at sealevel is normal background. Denver gets more because they're, as they say, a mile high. You'd EXPECT that. The higher the detector, the higher the normal background CPM.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

don't try and confuse the doomsayers with logic phage,lol

you know they will never accept it.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

You know about this sort of thing.
What sort of radiation can produce 1 rad per count?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I live in Washington. So I heard Oranges contain Boron which helps against radiation, right?? Luckily I have a juicer and would recommend them too people who are unable to get anti-radiation pills.

Also, in the event of a worst case scenario, might want to think about buying some MRE's(Meal Ready to Eat) Military

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Bedlam

You know about this sort of thing.
What sort of radiation can produce 1 rad per count?

Hm. Either a really bad meter, or, let's see...got it. If Dr Doom ties you down in front of a really really BIG synchrotron radiation source, you might be able to deliver a rad and only get one count...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by n0tsan3
reply to post by bphi1908

no I'm saying there would be tons of death if you evacuated and ENTIRE STATE. Think about just evacuating LA by itself. Gridlock, people starving to death trapped on the highway with no fuel in their vehicle. It just seems like a bad idea to panic people because of something that might not actually be as bad as the death toll of a mass evacuation.

You are right, there are not many major highways that go out east... the whole east coast would be trapped. Most of those highways can get Gridlock on normal day! The entire state would be doomed if there was a major evacuation disaster.
edit on 23-3-2011 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I believe lvls are indeed on the rise... Before Japan became a concern those readings were all below 10 on radnet. I find it odd that a conspiracy site as a whole seems to take the word of certain individuals, especially when they are wrong. Funny as well how they time when they interject, as if talking down a jumper...

aprox 24 hrs after the disaster in Japan radnet began to show this gradual rise.

Soon you will be told it is the Sun and the holes at the poles to blame.
edit on 23-3-2011 by 5StarOracle because: add

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5StarOracle
I believe lvls are indeed on the rise... Before Japan became a concern those readings were all below 10 on radnet.

from radiationnetwork.com:

"The numbers represent radiation Counts per Minute, abbreviated CPM, and under normal conditions, quantify the level of background radiation, i.e. environmental radiation from outer space as well as from the earth's crust and air. Depending on your location within the US, your elevation or altitude, and your model of Geiger counter, this background radiation level might average anywhere from 5 to 60 CPM, and while background radiation levels are random, it would be unusual for those levels to exceed 100 CPM."

Oh no...they've been suborned...the MIBs have made them state that it's normal to be up to 60 CPM...as does pretty much every other site (and book I've got). They've all been... compromised.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I wonder how long until we start seeing this type of forecast?

Mass panic?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JizzyMcButter
Awesome! Just in time for me to head back to Washington next week to get back to work.

I'm just going to work long enough to get together enough money and move back to Colorado permanently, it at least won't be as bad as the west coast is going to see this year.

Does being situated 1 or 2 thousand miles to the east really make a difference?

If so, then how? Please elaborate. For instance...is being situated at the base of the rockies, on the east exposure, beneficial? What if it rains?

I am pissed at the media blackout, but more than this, I am curious. Everyone's saying go east go east, and then what? Eventually you'll wind up in Japan, just upwind of the monster. Is that the safest place?

It'd be really good to know exactly how many big bomb's worth of energy is being disseminated here, you know?
They won't talk, and it will go one of two ways. Either more centralized state power, or more off grid rebellion. Certainly, tptb have a vested interest in one of these, and possibly both, if the the slave revolt becomes serious. A thing like this makes even tptb hesitant to broadcast their prepared sound bytes, and there are thousands of them, standing pretty in the green room, waiting.

Never let a crisis go to waste. We've heard them say this, and we know it's the way they work.

Hell, I'll grab my bug out bag and walk to the North Pole....
edit on 23-3-2011 by starless and bible black because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-3-2011 by starless and bible black because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I have made no attempt to falsify anything, and unlike you I dont rely on information gathered from the web to speak for me. Also it may intrest some to know that radiation lvls being greater at higher elevations to be an indication of radiation carried by a jetstream. I also made no attempt to state what if any effect this would have. So just what are you trying to say?

I believe these lvls if indeed natural would fluctuate and not on a steady rise. The readings would not be as widespread or follow the weather patterns associated with the jetstream like these readings do.
edit on 23-3-2011 by 5StarOracle because: ...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5StarOracle
reply to post by Bedlam

Also it may intrest some to know that radiation lvls being greater at higher elevations to be an indication of radiation carried by a jetstream. I also made no attempt to state what if any effect this would have. So just what are you trying to say?

What do you think the normal background CPM would be in an airplane at, say, 30,000 ft?

I believe these lvls if indeed natural would fluctuate and not on a steady rise. The readings would not be as widespread or follow the weather patterns associated with the jetstream like these readings do.

Denver's always high. It would be interesting if some of these sites had historical logs you could look at to see a trend. Otherwise, it's subject to confirmation bias and imagination. I find it amusing that you find the cpm data to be believable if it's high, but that the same site's statement that it's normal, and that it's normal for the background CPM to be higher for higher elevation detectors to be false, because it doesn't agree with what you want to believe.

BTW, the normal count at 30K feet is in the neighborhood of 350 CPM.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Funny how you should say that... I believe that history has most likely been recorded here on ATS... But hey keep talking...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 5StarOracle

I can't really find any mention of any of those sites on ATS before the Japan nuclear crisis began. Do you have any other way to document the "steady increase"?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
So is this evidence that the ozone hole in the Arctic has opened and shifted south?

It's a serious concern.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
"While the Japanese government announced a ban on exports from affected areas, the US government prohibited imports of milk and vegetables from Japan. Other countries, including Japan's largest trading partner, China, too are closely following the trail of radioactivity and screening Japanese imports.

Experts believe that at present radioactivity levels are very low and not harmful enough for humans. But the highly unpredictable nature of radioactivity spread as shown by contamination of water in Tokyo, despite repeated reassurances to the contrary, has led to serious questions being raised about screening of all Japanese imports like cars, plastic encased electronic products and other consumer goods.

So, should India — which is screening foodstuff imports from Japan for radioactive contamination — be also checking imports of hardware like autos, auto parts, electronics goods, computer chips, etc? It would if it shared the same concern as showed by the US and China."

SOURCE: timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

While arguing about the level of rads in Washington heard 'from a friend'... here's some(what) reliable facts. Now tell me whats worse??? All the exports coming from Japan or the rads in Washington??? There are bigger issues and concerns to monger over. Am i right???

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Glad I got my Ipad before this happened

Me thinks that maybe the radiation is the least of our problems.
True ,it would be a slow death,but somebody's gonna PO Iran and they are going to nuke us then the earth is gonna split apart after we get fried by a solar storm.Shake n bake,baby!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Meh. If the turrists really wanted to hurt the US, blow up the TSMC fabs in Taiwan. It'd set the US military back 20 years. Or use the Chinese version of HAARP to earthquake Taiwan to death.

//not the craw, the craw!
edit on 23-3-2011 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join