It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Testing for Chemtrails.......Pro vs. Con

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
At this point, there is no longer any need to debate chemtrails. It never goes anywhere. Everyone starts with facts, then at some point, it breaks down into a contest as to who can sling the most insults without tripping the T&C sensors. That kind of crap will not help anyone.

I have discussed with both sides about how to test and verify if there is anything to the chemtrial conspiracy. Granted, this will take a bit of effort on the chemtrail side, but if these people really care about people and the earth as much as they claim, a little effort should be no problem. What needs to happen is to determine what kinds of problems might be incurred with this type of test. Where are the failures and where are the benefits.

The Test

I have been looking for a company that has access to a jet that takes air samples. I have several requests that I am waiting for answers on . But should I find a company that can take these samples at altitude, then we can have a definitive sample un-contaminated by any outside sources. These samples can be tested at an accredited facility for whatever chemicals the chemtrail crowd wishes to test for. (it should be something that isn't inherant in jet fuel exhaust.)

The first hurdle

The chemtrail crowd would need to get organized and be able to determine what constitutes an chemtrail by sight. ( that should be no problem since that is how everyone identifies them now. see pictures) A location has to be picked for testing.

So what needs to happen is people here need to discuss where the most chemtrials exist, and who amongst you will spearhead this group in identification of the trails.

My goal is to end this debate forever. Either there will be something found in the sky that shouldn't be there, and instead of arguing about what might be there, we can discuss who is responsible and why it's there. Or nothing will be found other than aircraft exhaust and those who believe in chemtrails can admit they need to put their efforts into something else.

So it's up to you to figure out the problems here. What could go wrong? How could it be done better? Is it worth doing?

Discuss

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The problem with any test is that even the test result would venture off into whack job la la land.Now matter what was found in the air the chem trail crowd would say it is a result of chem trails Let us just say that the test came back with something like saline solution in the air, saline solution is harmless. The chem trail crowd would take this "evidence" and run with it and spawn new theories about using saline for mindcontrol or weather manipulation and whatever else they choose to believe. Even a lack of anything unusual would be taken as "proof" of some new chemical that is undetectable or that the testers are in on it. I don't think it would help anyone to test it those who still believe in chemtrails will believe in chemtrails till the day they die.

edit on 23-3-2011 by Darkk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
For me, this is inconceivable. It's simply beating a dead horse.

The damage has already been done. Such projects began in the 90's and have pretty much ran their course. I agree, there's really no use in stirring up much more discussion or debates. Either your in the know, or your not.

I'll leave my undisputed chemtrail evidence website, which has quite a few analysis samples.
imageevent.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Extremely wierd that I saw this post today, I was thinking about the same thing today at work, getting the Chemtrail community to collecting cash for an aerial test, because that cost some bucks..

What to test for, hmm. main 'thing' is barium and stronthium and aluminium, also some claim pathogenes which reminds me off that Indian test back in 2009 was it ? where they found 4 'alien' pathogenes in an balloon test of the atmosphere, but that ofcourse comes from an comet passing by rather then the obvious: Chemtrails.

evey time I get to think , Maybe Im just seeing things, the planes show up, Huge trails all over the sky all day.. Funny stuff..

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkk
The problem with any test is that even the test result would venture off into whack job la la land.Now matter what was found in the air the chem trail crowd would say it is a result of chem trails Let us just say that the test came back with something like saline solution in the air, saline solution is harmless. The chem trail crowd would take this "evidence" and run with it and spawn new theories about using saline for mindcontrol or weather manipulation and whatever else they choose to believe. Even a lack of anything unusual would be taken as "proof" of some new chemical that is undetectable or that the testers are in on it. I don't think it would help anyone to test it those who still believe in chemtrails will believe in chemtrails till the day they die.

edit on 23-3-2011 by Darkk because: (no reason given)

Perhaps YOU should run the test, as is evidenced by your post, you are truly unbiased, and only want a true answer as to whether or not something is being sprayed.................Do you display this same open mindness in your day to day existence??

Parker

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ParkerCramer

I am open to the idea i just see what happens when conspiracies get busted. A test would not proove anything, even if there was some chemical in the air being sprayed by planes the purpose of that would just leap back into wild conjecture of who was doing it and why.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
The only test that can have the most honest results would have to be done right behind one of these spraying planes. It would have to be taken from a fresh contrail, otherwise the debunkers will claim the test results are contaminated by varying particles naturally in the atmosphere.
edit on 23-3-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkk

I am open to the idea i just see what happens when conspiracies get busted. A test would not proove anything, even if there was some chemical in the air being sprayed by planes the purpose of that would just leap back into wild conjecture of who was doing it and why.

I believe I've made my point, You have your made a decision, before any testing has been done...........as well as have many of the "Chemtrail" believers.

So, with the majority on both sides not even willing to approach this subject with an open mind, what good would testing accomplish?

Parker

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

no-one is truly unbiased.

however IMO chemtrail believers will never believe anything done by debunkers, no matter how much evidence they provide, sureties of accuracy they give, etc. Any such evidence will walways be dismissed as propaganda, lies, disinformation, done by shills/sheeple, etc.

Thus any such test will only ever debunk the conspiracy if it is performed by people with unimpechable contrail believer credentials.

edit on 23-3-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I would be 100% open to believing chem trails if the evidence was something other than a picture of a white trail that could be a chem trail or a contrail. I would welcome any test so long as it was taken from the air and NOT off someone's front yard.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkk

that's what I am saying. If this test proves something is there, then I have been wrong and would fight just as hard to find out why. But I think it will prove that there is nothing but aircraft exhaust up there, that and clouds. Only a test like this could convince me otherwise,

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Mate, I got lynched for trying to do this some months ago...

Chemtrailers: Your time is NOW!

You can already see the resistance building here in this thread.

Anyway, here's what is needed:

Requests for access to research flight hours begin with the submission of an Initial Request for Aircraft Support (Word (35kb), PDF (30kb)) to the manager of the facility. Based on information provided on this form, a DOE-empowered advisory panel recommends to DOE an award of flight hours for the proposed use. Then the user completes a more detailed Research Aircraft Deployment Document (RADD: Word (180kb), PDF (85kb)) in coordination with the RAF manager. RAF users not associated with the DOE Atmospheric Science Program will need to work with the RAF manager on an estimate of the cost of offsite aircraft logistics such as 1) landing fees, 2) hangar rental, 3) ground support facilities, and 4) labor and expenses for a PNNL flight crew of two pilots and two scientific support personnel. During the preparation of RADD, schedules are confirmed and safety and environmental compliance requirements are addressed.

The RAF does not cover the cost of engineering studies and airframe modifications needed for custom installation of project-specific equipment and instrumentation. Such costs must be budgeted separately through a contract with PNNL or Battelle. When requested, RAF staff will assist users in estimating these costs.
LINK

Gulfstream-1 Research Aircraft

The G-1 is a large twin turboprop with performance characteristics of contemporary production aircraft. It is capable of measurements to altitudes approaching 30,000 feet over ranges of 1500 nautical miles, and can be operated at speeds that enable both relatively slow sampling and rapid deployment to field sites throughout the world. The aircraft is configured for versatile research applications. It accommodates a variety of external probes for aerosol, radiation, and turbulence measurements and internal sampling systems for a wide range of measurements. The G-1 has sufficient cabin volume, electrical power and payload capabilities, and flight characteristics to accommodate a variety of instrument systems and experimental equipment configurations. Internal instrumentation is mounted in removable racks to enable rapid reconfiguration as necessary. Data from most systems are acquired on a central computer that is tailored to airborne research data acquisition. In addition to acquiring the various analog and digital input signals, it can be configured to communicate with and/or control other systems onboard, and to provide time synchronization to other computers.
LINK

So I agree, this is the ONLY way to prove chemtrails, saying they exist is stupid, we need solid evidence showing what's in them.

But it won't happen, too many are happy to hide behind their computers, and this includes those who make money out of chemtrails, selling dvds, books etc.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I just cannot wrap my head around these people who claim to care so much about the environment and their health, then they hide when an opportunity comes to do something about it. This is a sad little conspiracy in deed. Maybe someone will step up and rally the troops. I am tired of hearing about it, but I guess I should not worry, come summer time, they will quiet down till fall. (you know, the pilots take the summer off like teachers)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I thought they came down to the southern hemisphere during the northern hemisphere's summer..

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
But should I find a company that can take these samples at altitude, then we can have a definitive sample un-contaminated by any outside sources.

I'm not convinced that taking an air sample "at altitude" is enough to rule out contamination by outside sources. In fact, if you're not collecting the vapor directly from the suspected "chemtrail" you're subject to external contamination.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I would be the only valid way to prove they really do exist, which is why the "chemtrail" community has never done one by themselves. I think the paranoia is so rampant that any test not done with just "chemtrail" believers would be rejected by the believers if it came back clean. They would just say "TPTB knew about the test (after all, anyone who doesn't believe in "chemtrails" is a disinfo agent) and ordered no spraying for a period of time in the area choses. "They" know everything, because they are TPTB.
Likewise, if a test not done by "chemtrail" believers would be suspect if it was positive for the things attributed them because of the concentration shown within the sample (having a basic knowledge of the volume of matter needed for any trail to be formed) would be so low as to be irrelevent.
"Chemtrail" believers do not as a group seem to have the working knowledge of the most basic of physics, chemistry, aerodynamics, meteorology, or any other relevent area to be able to interpret a test well. They would see 68.8ųg/l of barium and think they were being poisoned. We have precedence with this very figure; even though debunked as a minute, expected quantity from a bad sample, the test involved is still used as the basis for barium "chemtrail" claims to this day.
Sadly, any tests as suggested would be a waste of time and money.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

I am thinking that anything taken from 30,000 feet should have come from planes or space. I don't know if it's even possible for contaminates to make it up that high in the air. The biggest problem I can see is identifying what trails would be considered (chemtrails). I would want it to be a decision made by the adamant believers so they wouldn't fight over bad test results. Based on the activity this thread has gotten, I guess I have my answer as to weather the chemtrial crowd cares about finding truth or perpetuating a myth. (choice B)

top topics

join