It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mystery of the Dyatlov Pass Incident

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: GypsK
I never heard of this case before, it's the kind of thing you just cant stop thinking about! lol

Yeah. It's spooky. I researched it to tell around the campfire on a hiking trip. The others said they didn't want to go if I was going to tell it.

The last two bodies where found under the snow. So they where either buried or it snowed so hard they got snowed in, but... after all this time the footprints where still visable?

Their footprints ended 500 meters from the tent. No one's foot prints were found beyond that as they were covered by falling snow which also covered the bodies.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
A few minor corrections to the original post:

originally posted by: Rising Against
I believe the case was then eventually closed a few months later, and then sent to a secret military archive.

No. It was not classified but, if you wanted a copy you had to go to Ivdel to get it from the DA's office and only a member of the Communist Party could do that.

For example, the death of another group of Nine Mansi have been reported missing in a location nearby also,

The nine Mansi died on the same hill.

According to locals, as well as Lee Ivanov, the head Investigator, something odd was spotted in the surrounding area during the investigations - "Flying spheres" were said to have been spotted here. Many attributing the mysterious circumstances of the missing students to these strange flying spheres also.

The Russians tested R-5 and R7 missiles directly over this area in February, 1959, one within 24 hours of their deaths.

Tests of the clothing found, according to De-classified documents in 1990, also seem to show that at the sites of the dead bodies extremely high does of radiation had been found, as if they had been handling radioactive materials even or as if they had been in a highly radioactive area. The original chief investigator, Lev Ivanov, described how he took a Geiger counter with him to the campsite on the mountain slope; as he approached, the device started to click rapidly and loudly.

This perhaps giving the extraterrestrial and paranormal conclusions more weight It seems. Evidence at the campsite itself also seemingly points to the conclusion that the students had been blinded also.

The radiation, though real, was low dose.
No one was blinded.

Otherwise, the post is accurate.
edit on 31-8-2014 by IMAnonymous because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-8-2014 by IMAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Theories are always better with correct information:

originally posted by: mydarkpassenger
reply to post by Rising Against

I think the orange skin can be chalked up to sunburn, as you can get sunburnt really easy skiing.

None of the skier's except Zena had face protection and she was never photographed wearing it. Windburn would be expected.

I've got a theory about that.

It goes something like this: everyone was asleep or settling down for the night, some already stripped down to underwear because with nine people in a tent it can still get warm enough not to want to sleep in heavy cold gear.

They were in "tent wear". The difference between "tent wear" and "sleep wear" is pretty small since you slept in your clothes. When you were ready to fall asleep you put on warm slippers called "burkas". Only one member inside the tent had them on. The other eight would have been awake with a lit candle which not only provided some heat but also provided enough light to find their tent shoes (burkas) by.

Something outside got their attention, so the four most close to being completely dressed went out to check, as it could have been a bear of something or a snow slide. The other five remained in the bunks, probably making jokes or small talk about the four that went back out.

One (Nick) was fully dressed for being outside. Two (Slobodin and Kolevatov) wore the standard clothing for exiting the tent to urinate and then quickly return (It was bed time). Zolotarev's clothing doesn't fit any prescribed purpose (Although there is a theory explaining it as well as Nick's.).

I can imagine those four running back to the tent with some alarming news, what kind I can't say. But something bad enough to run out half-naked and shoeless, something bad enough that the guys at the rear of the tent sliced their way out of the tent, not daring to wait for the others nearer the door flap get out of the way. First hand accounts of the scene say the tent was slashed open from the inside.

It was cut from the inside (likely by Yuri Kri) and only after repeated blows by the blade. However, the cuts by this knife were made in the front section of the tent next to the door flap and not the rear.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ex_CT2
One of the things that will cause internal injuries without outward evidence is an explosion. Lot of people who experience explosions die of similar injuries;

Autopsies noted two of the hikers had injuries consistent with an "air blast".

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwytch
reply to post by Rising Against

but the other mystery within the mystery is the fact that there was radiation on the bodies ... but none on the few items of clothing that some of them had been wearing ... how the heck is that even possible (in known terms) ?

You have it backwards. It wasn't the bodies that were irradiated. It was the clothing.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackPoison94
Very interesting indeed

A possibility that many people don't think off is that...maybe it's a creature we haven't "discovered" yet?

A Russian researcher was mailed all the photos found in the hiker's four cameras. Included in the photos received is a photograph of a yetti (including the negative). He claims, based on the order of the photos in the cameras, it was taken the day before they died.

Luda wrote a note, which is still in the original Russian file, in which she stated "We now know the snowman lives/exists."

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Versa

Do we have access to any of the autopsy reports? Was the girls tongue found at all or was it completely missing?

Simply missing. It doesn't say how.

The skiers with the internal injuries could they of fallen or could the injuries have been caused post mortem by the weight of snow that was on them?

The weight of the snow was immaterial. No different than being 12 feet underwater.

Looking at the wikipedia account they seem to suggest that the radiation levels were not reported in any contemporary accounts and is a later add on...

The radiation reports were noted in 1959 but recorded in a separate file.

Paradoxical undressing Twenty to fifty percent of hypothermia deaths are associated with paradoxical undressing. This typically occurs during moderate to severe hypothermia, as the person becomes disoriented, confused, and combative. They may begin discarding their clothing, which, in turn, increases the rate of heat loss.

None of the nine engaged in "paradoxical undressing". The closest they came to this is that both Dyatlov's and Kolveatov's coats were unbuttoned.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scales
The tent was cut open, who's to say the same knife wasn't used by a half brain dead victim to cut their own tongue out?

The knife belonged to Yuri Kri and was found by his body. He died at least three hours before Luda lost her tongue.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: foxhoundone

The investigation was taken right to the top off the USSR regime, Gorbacheve? (spl) so the event was a high profile event in the height off the cold war,

Nikita Khrushchev received a copy of the report on their deaths.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Robotic

Some mention that the army secretly arrived at the crime scene 1 week before the rescuers found the bodies.

Why their tent was on the side of the mountain and not logically down at the tree line for shelter and fire wood?

why they were not wearing any protective clothes for the harsh climate?

On research I found that the small tent used was not their main tent – they had left supplies at a base camp and were using this very small tent for an excursion.
What was their purpose for climbing the Ural mountain range?

After this investigation the Russian Government banned all further investigation or reporting on the Yeti with threats of incarceration.

1) The Army arrived February 6, apparently looking for the booster stage of the missile they launched just days before.
2) The tent was positioned where it was by a deliberate compass course intended to make up for lost time (They had done the same thing the day before.)
3) They wore standard prescribed clothing established by their university hiking adviser.
4) They only had the one tent.
5) It was a spring tourist trip.
6) The Russians ended Yeti investigations on January 23, 1959 or nine days before the hikers died.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
For those interested in how the nine hikers died (in graphic detail) without any imaginary evidence, it can be read here:

"A Compelling Unknown Force" by Clark Wilkins

It is the most current, accurate source available and provides an hour by hour record of their deaths. It's not for the weak at heart. It's available on Amazon Kindle books for 99 cents. It has all 5 star reviews but one; that by a person who objected to the Russian translations into English as including "grammar errors".

Don't read it in the dark.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Wow Nice Thread Rising Above. I love these kind of threads, A Real Mystery. I'm really going to read up on this one, Fascinating, Thank You for this thread
Shavedfish a reply to: Rising Against

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Survivor? I always thought there were no survivors I re read the Wikipedia page again it says there were no survivors then later in the article it mentioned this guy......confused anybody care to enlighten me ? a reply to: Archaeus

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashdespatch
Survivor? I always thought there were no survivors I re read the Wikipedia page again it says there were no survivors then later in the article it mentioned this guy......confused anybody care to enlighten me ? a reply to: Archaeus

As far as I recall there was only one "technical" survivor, Yuri Yudin. He began the trip with the group but remained in Vizhai because he was sick.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   

The declassified files contain testimony from the leader of a group of adventurers who camped about 50 kilometers south of the skiers on the same night. He said his group saw strange orange spheres floating in the night sky in the direction of Kholat-Syakhl.

link

Does sound that the second group had witnessed ball lightning or something similar. Not a lot is known about ball lightening but it is known it can decay in an explosive fashion. Perhaps a ball of lightening entered the tent causing most of occupants to cut through the tent to flee. The ones that took time to cloth suffered injuries from the shock wave from an explosion (lightening is also known to produce radiation). Given that multiple orange spheres were seen in the area, the group may have made a panicked decision to run for civilization instead returning to the tent after the incident for their cloths. Missing tongue could have been caused by small animals after the woman had latter collapsed from the cold.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Ah thanks for that was he ever interviewed did he have an opinion of what happened to his friends? a reply to: bronco73

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: IMAnonymous
For those interested in how the nine hikers died (in graphic detail) without any imaginary evidence, it can be read here:

"A Compelling Unknown Force" by Clark Wilkins

It is the most current, accurate source available and provides an hour by hour record of their deaths. It's not for the weak at heart. It's available on Amazon Kindle books for 99 cents. It has all 5 star reviews but one; that by a person who objected to the Russian translations into English as including "grammar errors".

Don't read it in the dark.

Thanks for posting that. I bought the Kindle edition for $0.99 and couldn't put it down. Without spoiling it for anyone interested in reading it, I'd have to say that it is the most logical scenario to have taken place and the best analysis of the actual evidence. I think it is very likely that it is what happened. Thanks again

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Rising Against
Cause of the 9 deaths is Hyperthermia.

edit on 9-9-2014 by Ujwaleshwar123456789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
As someone who has been researching this topic for long time I find that the most plausible explanation is a murder. I also don't want to spoil anyone's reading but the explanation given by Russian researcher Svetlana Oss (the one who first wrote about the whole story back in 2008) is the most accurate and compelling. I think her book is priceless in terms of information avaialble. As for the Clarks Wilkins version it has (as anyone else's does) some weak points that only a Russian person as myself can detect. For instance, he says that there was frozen cacao left in a mug which can indicate the srudents made it on the spot and thus they had to use their furnace. But there was no such thing as cacao in the mug there. It was in a flask which makes a different story. They could bring it from their previous camp site. I do recommend you guys to read the book DON"T GO THERE; a solution of the Dyatlov Pass mystery" by Svetlana Oss. It has all the original documents translated into English including the full autopsy reports and her logic is very convincing.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Rising Against

A diary seems to have been kept by Dina, & she seems to have been making notes right up to when the destruction began. The brother of one of the original search party guys, kept this hidden for a long time: it is therefore easy to cast aspersions on. If a true document, Dubinina is constantly referring to Yuri Yudin as actually there as the mysterious forces began exerting their hellish influence upon the group, "throwing them very high into the air & smashing them down", is roughly what I remember from the most relevant page. I can only think the Soviets have been able to get information from Yudi, then have covered for him to give him peace, & also sort of reward him. If the diary is faked, why would someone faking it think of making it clash with all, all, of the reports we have had for many years......it's a bit like the feeling I get, that the US military are covering for Bonnie Tamlin, or Tamplin, can't remember.....during the Rendlesham Forest Incident of late December 1980, an alien grey suddenly materialised inside the car she was sitting in.....whereupon, in total terror, she smashed the windscreen out with her army-issue boots......the Dyatlov Nine seem to be described as frantically suddenly, despite the weather, scrambling out of their tent with similar total terror, cutting the tent open from the inside. A military-connected guy said to me, "The greys can behave a bit stupidly, their technology isn't as good as the reptilians'", which is why the US military are interacting with the reptilians a lot in Area 51......so there.....I am supporting this as a ufo/alien heavy clash, the truth of which is going to be difficult to believe, even if proof is put in front of you.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join