It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mystery of the Dyatlov Pass Incident

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Starred and Flagged: thanks bringing this back, I think a lot of newer members may not know about this incident and so would not know to search for it.

I think the orange skin can be chalked up to sunburn, as you can get sunburnt really easy skiing.

The white hair is a real head scratcher though, because that can be a side effect of ionizing radiation, and supposedly elevated levels of radiation were found at the scene. So maybe they were sunburnt after all those days of skiing and got irradiated on top it.

The hypothermia angle to explain their differing states of undress doesn't seem to hold water though.

With the last stages of hypothermia victims do shed their clothing, but those in their underwear only and shoe less etcera, exited the tent in a big hurry pretty much dressed as when their corpses were found. Their clothes and shoes and such were still in the tent.

If they had shed their clothes from hypothermia I'd assume you'd find piles of clothing near the corpses, not all the way back to the tent.

Whatever the reason for hauling butt out of their tent into the dark and cold and half-naked at that, it clearly must've scared the living hell out of them to take such drastic action, without even some minimal prep like getting completely dressed including shoes.

But again, four of the nine were well dressed. I've got a theory about that.

It goes something like this: everyone was asleep or settling down for the night, some already stripped down to underwear because with nine people in a tent it can still get warm enough not to want to sleep in heavy cold gear.

Something outside got their attention, so the four most close to being completely dressed went out to check, as it could have been a bear of something or a snow slide. The other five remained in the bunks, probably making jokes or small talk about the four that went back out.

I can imagine those four running back to the tent with some alarming news, what kind I can't say. But something bad enough to run out half-naked and shoeless, something bad enough that the guys at the rear of the tent sliced their way out of the tent, not daring to wait for the others nearer the door flap get out of the way. First hand accounts of the scene say the tent was slashed open from the inside.

The injuries are just plain weird.

I can see getting a concussion from running through the woods in the dark and tripping or face-planting a tree, but what can crack ribs and such without leaving marks as was described by the medical guys?

And then the tongue missing from the female skier: if it was taken by scavenging animals, why was there not other evidence of her being gnawed on, like damage to her lips? Just the tongue was taken. And none of the other eight was touched.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

A-huh. I didn't read the other thread, nor about the tongue being torn out and bloody. So I missed my guess on that one. However, there is one thing that I think should be taken into account: My understanding (and correct me if I'm wrong) is that dead bodies don't bruise. So the condition of the severely damaged members indicates that they were ill-treated in some fashion after death. As for the rest of it: Mystery indeed....

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Dead people dont bruise

just saying.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by canuckster
Dead people dont bruise

just saying.

Out of curiosity, who said they did?

Apologies if I missed it or misunderstood your post but your intentions aren't clear.
edit on 23-3-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against

Originally posted by canuckster
Dead people dont bruise

just saying.

Out of curiosity, who said they did?

Apologies if I missed it or misunderstood your post but your intentions aren't clear.
edit on 23-3-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

I'm not replying on behalf of canuckster (who says essentially the same thing I said), but because I have something to add to my earlier comment. I think the confusion arises from the statement: "...no signs of any struggles taken place and most strange of all, severe injuries were sustained with absolutely no external damage to any of the group members. Even bruises on any of the students were not found."

Now, if that fact is being pointed out as part of the bizarreness of the incident, I don't really see why. There are actually 2 reasons that the bodies might not be bruised, neither of them bizarre: 1) Dead bodies don't bruise; and 2) bodies bruised perimortem don't show bruising until quite some time after death--and even then they show up as yellow and not purple. Therefore, it seems unlikely that the bruising would show up at all, even after the bodies were thawed out, given the fact that they were all "...tanned and tinted dark orange or brown"!

So I'm "just saying" that I don't see how that particular point (lack of bruising) heightens or intensifies the bizarreness of this whole episode.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

So I'm "just saying" that I don't see how that particular point (lack of bruising) heightens or intensifies the bizarreness of this whole episode.

Well first off I apologize for the short post but I'm short on time right now (will post in more detail tomorrow). But I quickly wanted to point out that yes, I did find it weird no bruises were found pn any of the students but that was because of the level of internal injuries sustained - particularly broken ribs for example.

It just seemed bizarre and odd for me personally as I would assume in a "normal" case of injury like this, something like bruising would indeed occur.

Of course though I was under the impression these injuries were sustained while these individuals were alive as well, something they may not have been.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Thanks for your clarification; I was thinking that somewhere in the original research that maybe the medical examiners had mentioned that this seemed odd. Well, actually, it *does* seem odd, in a certain way. One of the things that will cause internal injuries without outward evidence is an explosion. Lot of people who experience explosions die of similar injuries; some people who are close enough to the explosions actually have their insides liquified.

So, I suppose if you posit an explosion somewhere in there... I mean there's no more nor less evidence for explosion than any other cause. Which, of course, just deepens the mystery.

Gotta remember to star this. (Someone in another thread mentioned recently that "flagging" is supposed to be an alert for something wrong. So no flag.)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK
In the investigators report it says that the tongue probably was ripped out before death set in, calculated on the amount of blood found on the body it couldnt have been removed after death.
The last two bodies where found under the snow. So they where either buried or it snowed so hard they got snowed in, but... after all this time the footprints where still visable?

That seems to crate quite an anomaly if true. IMO anyway.

After all, if the injuries are shown to have occurred prior to death, then again I go back to the discussion of the bruises - or lack thereof should I say. In other words, why aren't any shown if the bodies undertook trauma while alive?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

So, I suppose if you posit an explosion somewhere in there... I mean there's no more nor less evidence for explosion than any other cause. Which, of course, just deepens the mystery.

I'll do some digging but I've never once heard of an explosion taking place here to be completely honest. You never know though I guess, and an explosion of some kind could perhaps be an explanation for why there was such an excess of radiation present here also.

Gotta remember to star this. (Someone in another thread mentioned recently that "flagging" is supposed to be an alert for something wrong. So no flag.)

Flagging is good btw. It practically tells others to "check out this thread."
lol

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Hey there RA,

The Dyatlov Pass Incident has fascinated me for years ... so much so that I covered it in some detail on my website (PastlivesParanormal&Pagans) under the 'Paranormal' section.

I have some more original photographs on there too if you're intersested;

www.pastlivesparanormalandpagans.webeden.co.uk...

I have seen / read / experienced many inexplicable things in my life ... but this is a genuine and horrific mystery yet to be properly resolved ... there are too many loose ends even after all this time.

>>>edit to add

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Hey Woody,

That's a really great link you know, thanks for sharing it! I'm just going through some of the pictures now (I didn't even know there was that many, lol.) and I'm half way reading what you have too.

So, thanks again.

Out of curiosity though, what are you personal opinions on this case? Do you think It could be something extraterrestrial maybe? After all, and from reading what you have, another skiing party allegedly did see these strange spheres and in the direction of those being discussed in this thread also. Not to forget the radiation and the type of injuries sustained and so on..

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Hey there again,

Check-out the edit I just added to my previous post ... trust me it's mind-boggling and personally I do believe there is a link between the incident you write about and the metallic spirals.

Totally agree that the radiation does tend to imply possible extraterrestrial intervention ... but the other mystery within the mystery is the fact that there was radiation on the bodies ... but none on the few items of clothing that some of them had been wearing ... how the heck is that even possible (in known terms) ?

This is a subject I could discuss all day

Woody

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Photo's of rescovery team at Dyatlov pass.

Top.. Matrixed and enhanced photo of the entities that killed the four people recovered here.

Bottom...Matrixed and enhanced photo showing recovery team passing through the entities that inhabit this area.

Know as the Mountain of the dead and the pass is called "Don't go there" RThe Mansi people are aware of these entities and avoid the area.

The cross country skiers were in the tebt when the attack occured, Some ripped their clothing off trying to escape these entities that were attacking their bodies from without and within.

In the matrixed photo's you will find more faces than there are bodies for, matrixing does not have an opinion, it just shows what is present whether it is visible or not.

These entities are a world-wide phenomena known as cattle mutilators and in certain cases, human mutilators.

These are my findings and do not reflect mainstream belief.

The assault was so vicious the skier cut their way out of the tent and fled naked or half dressed into the frigid cold. These were seasoned cross-country ski club members, they knew they could not survive without shelter and warmth..

There was dry wood available but the climbed a pine tree and broke off green limbs for a fire. Why? They could not see what was still attacking them, they built a fire that would smoke, that would coat their assailant and make them partially visible

When they saw what they were up against, they stripped the dead and ran. They didn't know their assailants were already inside them.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Nice one RA

Have you seen Ozweatherman's thread on this? It was from a couple years ago.

I find it interesting and who knows what happened out there. Kind of creepy and makes me think of the movie Alive

www.abovetopsecret.com...

S&F

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Very interesting indeed

A possibility that many people don't think off is that...maybe it's a creature we haven't "discovered" yet?
Or...maybe an evolving creature at the moment?

Or just the aliens

Hmm..very intriguing I must admit.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Yeah, someone brought it up in the first couple of posts of this thread too. I had no idea about that other thread as well. I even made sure I did a couple of searches before writing anything and absolutely nothing came up.

Weird.

Anyway, I agree, It really is a creepy case - Interesting still though of course.
. And one of the very few where we seem to have no clue at all as to what happened.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by debris765nju

Photo's of rescovery team at Dyatlov pass.

Top.. Matrixed and enhanced photo of the entities that killed the four people recovered here.

Bottom...Matrixed and enhanced photo showing recovery team passing through the entities that inhabit this area.

Know as the Mountain of the dead and the pass is called "Don't go there" RThe Mansi people are aware of these entities and avoid the area.

The cross country skiers were in the tebt when the attack occured, Some ripped their clothing off trying to escape these entities that were attacking their bodies from without and within.

In the matrixed photo's you will find more faces than there are bodies for, matrixing does not have an opinion, it just shows what is present whether it is visible or not.

These entities are a world-wide phenomena known as cattle mutilators and in certain cases, human mutilators.

These are my findings and do not reflect mainstream belief.

The assault was so vicious the skier cut their way out of the tent and fled naked or half dressed into the frigid cold. These were seasoned cross-country ski club members, they knew they could not survive without shelter and warmth..

There was dry wood available but the climbed a pine tree and broke off green limbs for a fire. Why? They could not see what was still attacking them, they built a fire that would smoke, that would coat their assailant and make them partially visible

When they saw what they were up against, they stripped the dead and ran. They didn't know their assailants were already inside them.

Hey there debri765nju,

This is a unique idea ... I like people who look beyond the norm

Obviously before this could be taken under serious consideration we need more info ... could you upload the originals of the matrixed versions that you've added for comparrison please.

Interesting that you say the bottom picture shows the recovery team passing through the entities ... it makes me wonder why the recovery team would not have been effected as the ski-hikers were ?

You're absolutely correct about the mountain originally being called 'The Mountain Of The Dead' and was renamed the Dyatlov Pass after the leader of the ski-hiking team. The fact that it was previously known as 'Mountain Of The Dead' might simply be down to the treacherous terrain ... but we should also consider that there may have been previous incidents that are not so publically known.

(looking forward to seeing the original pics)

Woody

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Great thread OP . Even thou i already know about this incident , this is one of those stories that just make You wonder . If not for the fact that they had no external injuries but massive internal ones I would say that this was a classical '___' trip that went very badly and made them run off into the wild without feeling the cold. But with all those weird things (internal injuries , change of skin/hair color) , '___' or any other hallucinogenic could not be the cause.

Anyway thank You for reminding me of this incident , I'll might dig deeper into it now since I remembered

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger

I can see getting a concussion from running through the woods in the dark and tripping or face-planting a tree, but what can crack ribs and such without leaving marks as was described by the medical guys?

I can think of only one type of weapon that might do injuries of that type , and that would be some kind of "sound weapon" as in vibration specific. Precisely controlled vibrations if tuned to the correct frequency and spot would be able to do massive internal damages without the need to first pierce the skin of the victim, of course this is just my opinion

edit on 24/3/11 by Thill because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Hey Woody.....This is the inverted image of the original photo, you can recover the original by inverting it again. I did not do it for you because this is the picture you need to work from.

You can get the same results from the original but it is more time consuming.

The best way to understand the nature of these beings would be to watch the video i made of them and posted on my media here on ATS. It is short but it does show these entities and the difficulty the skiers would have in seeing them.

It also validates that i have personal knowledge of these entities and that i have learned how to capture their images. They do live with me. my family and my animals in perfect harmony.

On the other hand, they are the apex predator, in this case, not one of the nine escaped. That is the common result. They are thousands of beings that can and do operate as one. You cannot touch them but they can rip your body in half. Elizabeth Short, aka The Black Dahlia was killed by them in January 14, 1947.

They dwell in the earth and attack their prey from that position. They attach to their prey and are pulled up and forward by their victims momentum.

Anyway, use your highlighter on the white snowsuits of the recovery team. let me know what you find,

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join