It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swami Vivekananda - Immortality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Many years ago, I visited a great sage of our own country, a very holy man. We talked of our revealed book, the Vedas, of your Bible, of the Koran, and of revealed books in general. At the close of our talk, this good man asked me to go to the table and take up a book; it was a book which, among other things, contained a forecast of the rainfall during the year. The sage said, "Read that." And I read out the quantity of rain that was to fall. He said, "Now take the book and squeeze it." I did so and he said, "Why, my boy, not a drop of water comes out. Until the water comes out, it is all book, book. So until your religion makes you realise God, it is useless. He who only studies books for religion reminds one of the fable of the ass which carried a heavy load of sugar on its back, but did not know the sweetness of it."

Hey everybody, this is my first thread. So Hello! I realize that like so many people on this forum, most of the outer garb of our concern for the world is rooted in a deeper sense that there is something hidden from us. Some of us think it is hidden outside, so we search through the senses, digging through the media, knowledge, creating us and them scenarios, dualism...... some of us think it is hidden inside, so we take up religious practices.

For me, I was tired of being attatched to a religion and having not a sense of truth beyond what was written in the pages... a few days after I made that decision, to search for..whatever truth... I had a strange experience, a man came up to me at a job (I was restoring stone at the time, he was a painter on a site I had never met him) and said `My friend! you want to find God, I see it in you!`. We went upstairs to a bathroom being put together and he commenced drawing on the walls, telling me about the current Yuga cycles and some knowledge of reincarnation and the nature of God.... all major conflicts with my Christian upbringing... but felt so right. Without going into to much detail, a door opened in my mind and things have never looked the same.....This man I met suggested a book, `The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali`....not much more to say about this awesome dude I met, and have seen a few times over the years.....

Sooo

It has been some 3 years or so since this experience, and I have read and taken up the practice of meditation, yatta yatta it is not about me this post, but about the most influential writings I have ever read. These are by Swami Vivekananda, he was the first Monk of India to come to the shores of America hoping to spread the knowledge of `Vedanta`(the oldest texts of what is now called Hinduism). Vivekananda wrote of metaphysics, of immortality, of the power of supreme-love, the powers of the mind, I have never found so much knowledge on such hidden topics come so clear. So I urge everyone to explore, if the time is there, these great writings which I will link below. Totally Changed how I see the world.

Immortality- www.jnanajyoti.com...

WIKISOURCE- Link
I hope this sparks in someone what it sparked in me....Peacepeacepeace!

edit on 23-3-2011 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

Right on bro, welcome to hell!!

Muahahah...

The more open minds the better...

Peace

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Yeah it was... bizzare to say the least the first time I read in a direction i was not trained too.... blew my mind literally....needless to say, I no longer believe in hell. Not a hell that does not exist in your own psyche, on your own planet. You make your own heaven, or you make your own hell, through virtue or vice, not belief.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Yes. Swami Vivekananda was indeed an enlightened soul.
His teachings are many & very true

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
That statement is very true. I am going to look into more of his teachings. Welcome.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Swami Vivekanandas name litterally translates as VIVEKA (Discernment, of truth from untruth) ANANDA (Bliss)- Correct me if I am wrong, but the path of his teachings is the path of JnanaYoga, Union through wisdom, one of the more difficult of the 3 spiritual paths (Karma Yoga- Union with God through Action and Bhakti Yoga-Union with God through Love-Devotion). Jnana Yoga is most difficult because at some point on the path to realization, one must move beyond the intellectual convictions, the study and knowledge they have gained, and dip with great faith into the infinite. The infinite is deeper than the limited reason of the mind. While those who try to attain enlightenment with love and devotion, with service to human beings (the only true way to serve God), they taste the sugar of the infinite immediately.

I am writing that because, to all, God is going to manifest as a reflection of who we already are, at least in the beginning, so some might be more inclined to another path. I highly suggest for those who are less inclined to philosophy and more inclined to lets say... reading stories and drama, to read Autobiography of a Yogi- By Paramhansa Yogananda another foundation of my and many peoples path.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
The teachings of Swami Sivananda, Swami Vivekananda, and Paramahansa Yogananda are excellent, and they complement the Gnostic Teachings (Tantra and Karmamudra) very well:

Celibacy

"The practices of Yogananda, Vivekananda, Ramacharaka, etc., are admirable. Students practice them with very good intentions. These are very sincere students. We greatly value all those students and all those schools.

"Nonetheless, we feel great and unremediable pain for those who, with such yearning, seek for their final liberation. We know that they must engender their internal vehicles. We know they must practice Sexual Magic. We know that only with Sexual Magic will they be able to awaken their sacred fire and engender their internal vehicles to incarnate their Soul...."

– Samael Aun Weor

The Pancatattva Ritual

"We need to learn to live intensely from instant to instant in the world of the five elements.

"Karma Yoga, the path of the straight line, has its foundations in the law of the scale.

"How can we exercise power with supreme mastery over the Akashic Tattva without Sahaja Maithuna (Sexual Magic)?

"According to Indian tradition, Ramakrishna had Sarada Devi sit on the throne of the Divine Mother within the temple. At the same time, he began to sing the hymn to Devi Kundalini with the ancestral ritual ceremony, which culminated in the famous Shorashi Puja, the adoration of woman. He and she achieved Samadhi during the Maithuna... In this way one reaches the point of exercising all power over the Akashic Tattva.

"It is written with words of fire in the book of splendors that the power of the Solar Logos is not found in the brain, the heart, or in any other organ of the body, rather exclusively in the sexual organs, the phallus and the uterus.

"In no way whatsoever would we be able to develop the Akashic powers in our innermost constitution if we made the mistake of fornicating, committing adultery, or hating sex."

“All sin will be forgiven except the sin against the Holy Spirit... (sex).”

– Samael Aun Weor

Arcanum 13: Immortality

"After the Resurrection, the Master does not die again; He is eternal. The Yogi-Christ from India, the immortal Babaji, and his immortal sister Mataji, live with the same physical bodies they had more than a million years ago. These immortal Beings are the watchers of the Guardian Wall that protects humanity...."

– V.M. Samael Aun Weor

edit on 24-3-2011 by Tamahu because: edited quote

top topics

join