It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists create animals that are part-human

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

because Daddy is too afraid to hurt an animal to save her

Sigh...

Ok, if you can't discuss this without attempting to twist my words then I'll simply ignore you.

Where did I say or imply I'm too afraid to hurt an animal?
What a ridiculously childish statement.

No smiley for you now, tut, tut!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
Oh hell, here we come again. It's no longer safe to be out walk'in around at night anymore. This stuff is only gonna get worse. The Minataur, Medusa, Centaurs. As it was, so shall it be again.

Ironically we have the ability to do it !

ive seen article back in the day when i was a teen in the 80s that they made Fruit fly with Leg where antennas shud be 4 wings on a fruit fly odd colors missing genes taken out of fly to see what would happen like missing eyes for one ive see these pictures of these experiments and it all real and it did happen

The 4 winged fly

Antennas that are Legs !

n this type of mutation and many others, something goes wrong with the genetic program that directs some of the cells in an embryo to follow developmental pathways, which are a series of chemical reactions that occur in a specific order. In the antenna-into-leg problem, it is as if the cells growing from the fly's head, which normally would become an antenna, mistakenly believe that they are in the fly's thorax, and therefore ought to grow into a leg. And so they do. Thinking about this odd situation taught scientists an important lesson—that the proteins made by some genes can act as switches. Switch genes are master controllers that provide each body part with a kind of identification card. If a protein that normally instructs cells to become an antenna is disrupted, cells can receive new instructions to become a leg instead.

Source: ( Near bottom of page )
publications.nigms.nih.gov...

and for the really bizzare!

Conservation of the "Control Switch" Gene for Eyes
www.learner.org...

Fruit fly with extra eyes
www.learner.org...

Figure 8. The head of a fruit fly, Drosophila melanogaster, viewed by scanning electron microscope (380x magnification). Targeted expression of the eyeless gene induced the formation of the eye facets on the antenna (to the lower-right of the eye), which are very similar to the facets of the normal eye. This identifies eyeless as the master control gene of eye morphogenesis.

IF Scientist that can this They Can can do it in larger scale ! with a mammal

it all placing positioning and adding and subtracting where those genes should go ... ?

The proof is there! what these scientist can do with a Fruit/House Fly !

ahh hell the easy way is a Teleporter mixing 2 different species

where is Andre Delambre when you need him !

The Fly 1958
www.imdb.com...

The reality ! of Teleportation

Discovery magazine
discovermagazine.com...:int=2&-C=

Humanoid rats a cartoon that could become a reality !

The Secret of NIMH

en.wikipedia.org...

Laboratory Rat Gene Sequencing Completed; Humans Share One-Fourth Of Genes With Rat, Mouse
www.sciencedaily.com...

edit on 24-3-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by xaphoocom

This is very interesting one day one of those animals will have human behaviors and figure out how to escape then starts a new cycle of an animals existence

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

its true that official accounts have been 'refuted'. but who's gonna provide accurate data about a vaccine program when your trying to attribute an epidemic to it? not the company's selling the vaccines and running the inquiry. how about a reply to my original reply to you? any defense about how advil is the same as a GMO?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Maybe thats why our bees are disappearing at an alarming rate... some kind of crop engineering or gene manipulation that made it into their gene pool.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by phillyb
reply to post by xaphoocom

This is very interesting one day one of those animals will have human behaviors and figure out how to escape then starts a new cycle of an animals existence

Human behavior is learned, IMO.

Look at the stories of the feral children found every now and then. They are 100% human in their biology, yet they have little to no human behaviors.
We teach various primates human behavior (sign language is the biggest one that comes to mind).
House cats are regularly trained to use the toilet.

This list can go on for a very long time, but I think that the correlation between "human" brain cells and "human" behaviors is a little unfounded.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimisticPessimist

Sigh...

Ok, if you can't discuss this without attempting to twist my words then I'll simply ignore you.

Where did I say or imply I'm too afraid to hurt an animal?
What a ridiculously childish statement.

No smiley for you now, tut, tut!

You didnt. But my statement holds true.

If you are able to sit there and tell your dying child that you will not allow them to have a life-saving surgery or drug because it was created through animal testing or R+D, then i have no respect for you.

And i pity those who are dependant on you.

edit on 24-3-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

If you answer "yes" to any one of those, you are a hypocrite.

Assuming you aren't a user of illicit drugs and are against their use:
Say I were to serve you a drink that had been spiked - would you be a hypocrite for drinking it, even though you had been unaware of the illegal drug in there?

Of course not, therefore your argument only stands if those taking your examples knew what may have been done to get them.

I would think by this same arguement, you would always first look into any little procedure or drug that you have ever or will ever take to see if it has been used on animals.

So therefore you have never taken anything produced in the last 50+ years.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

if you can't discuss this without attempting to twist my words then I'll simply ignore you.

Ignored as of now, kiddo - well done.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by BecauseiSaidso

its true that official accounts have been 'refuted'. but who's gonna provide accurate data about a vaccine program when your trying to attribute an epidemic to it? not the company's selling the vaccines and running the inquiry. how about a reply to my original reply to you? any defense about how advil is the same as a GMO?

Ok, so by this logic, anything not refuted MUST be true? Hillarious. The funny part is, in the article linked to me to "prove" that immunization caused the HIV outbreaks in Africa actually say at one point that cessation of the smallpox vaccine might have CAUSED the aids outbreaks.

So thats the exact opposite of what you are trying to show.

Advil is not the same as a GMO, but if you believe Advil passed FDA approval without first showing it is safe (and this is usually accomplished through animal testing), your deluded.

At the end of the day, if you refuse lifesaving treatments for a loved one in your care because you are against animal testing, you are a traitor to your family. I honestly beleive that if you could do that, you truely do not know what love for another human being is, and i pity you. Ive watched a love one die in the hospital, and i would have done anything short of murder to another human to save them.

I would never be happy animals died to save them, but i firmly believe humans have memories and emotions far beyond what most animals will feel. Yes, a badger mother will feel remorse when her young dies, but she will not carry it with her for years.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

if you can't discuss this without attempting to twist my words then I'll simply ignore you.

Ignored as of now, kiddo - well done.

Couldnt be happier, son! Mature, and hey, when you cant beat them, censor them!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Sigh...

You too huh?

seems to be an effective debate technique!

Ignore Mode -- |ON|

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeantherapy
Why must folks keep insisting this is progress? Earth is already a house of horrors, why create further sideshows? The kind of progress we really need all has to do with satisfying the basic human needs which have been neglected. If we started caring for ourselves we wouldn't need to be harvesting organs out of goats. Humans got by for hundreds of thousands of years, perhaps even millions, without any of this intensely strange stuff. How is this not taboo when testing shampoos on rabbits is frowned upon? Also, if you're into the whole creationist thing, tampering with the designer's design is a direct insult.
Really? Then why did this so called creator give us the brains to reach the levels of research to do thes things then?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

true say brotha. If i do recall, god doesnt make mistakes. If we can think of it, then how is it cheating?

It may not be progress to some, but its progress to me. Makes me excited for the future, for better or for worse.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by xaphoocom
wow, this gives a whole new meaning to to phrase sheeple

Bahahahahahahaha! Now that was funny, very nice.

On a serious note though, and to contribute to the discussion,
I have a cousin who needs a kidney. He has been on a waiting list for 3 years and he gets worse with every passing month, I always thought dialysis kept you going until you got a transplant but I've learned that it can only do so much. If he doesn't get a kidney, he will die. He's only 39.
Putting aside the fact that we send all kinds of animals to slaughter everyday for food, including sheep, I would rather see the sheep go before my cousin.
I'm not an animal hater or see them as "lesser" or "lower" forms of life on this planet, we all have a place here.
But considering I would have been happy to give my cousin one of my own kidneys, but couldn't, I'd be more then happy to terminate the life a sheep if it meant I could harvest a compatible kidney for him.

But take heart, there ARE new developments on the horizon
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by BecauseiSaidso

seems to be an effective debate technique!

Sadly, it's the best method for dealing with those unable to conduct themselves with either decorum, dignity, constraint or social etiquette.
I do consider it somewhat of a failing on my part, although not enough to warrant further consideration.

It's the way of the modern world I suppose...if you can't win an argument (whatever happened to agreeing to disagree) then twist it to ones own end and hope the other party didn't notice.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
"It is important that genetic science not be hindered in any way. Those who do not understand good science will complain out of their ignorance. Our goal is to improve the human race. Yes, the test subjects suffer, but each one is carrying the torch of human improvement. These experiments are not monsters, they are the most important objects in the whole of the human condition, they point the way to our future. We cannot advance without them."

~Dr. Joseph Mengele

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SalemsLot

Originally posted by xaphoocom
wow, this gives a whole new meaning to to phrase sheeple

Bahahahahahahaha! Now that was funny, very nice.

On a serious note though, and to contribute to the discussion,
I have a cousin who needs a kidney. He has been on a waiting list for 3 years and he gets worse with every passing month, I always thought dialysis kept you going until you got a transplant but I've learned that it can only do so much. If he doesn't get a kidney, he will die. He's only 39.
Putting aside the fact that we send all kinds of animals to slaughter everyday for food, including sheep, I would rather see the sheep go before my cousin.
I'm not an animal hater or see them as "lesser" or "lower" forms of life on this planet, we all have a place here.
But considering I would have been happy to give my cousin one of my own kidneys, but couldn't, I'd be more then happy to terminate the life a sheep if it meant I could harvest a compatible kidney for him.

But take heart, there ARE new developments on the horizon
www.youtube.com...

Precisely, and you bring up and excelent point.

Is there a little irony to claiming to want all animal testing to stop, and then going home and eatting your steak and potatoes?

I truely hope things work out for your cousin, ive been there before and know what its like. I would gladly have given myself to save them but it was not meant to be.

I believe a lot of these people would change their position if someone truely dear to them was in jeopardy and they could be saved. In fact, i bet not one of them would sacrifice their spouse on their deathbed because a cure was tested on rats.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

May I answer, considering the member you were talking to has yet to reply?

Playing 'Devils Advocate' (well, sort of - whilst I'll obviously be bias towards my OP, I'm not a believer in any deity), could it not be construed as a test of 'enlightenment'; ones level of spiritual progression?
Those who choose to walk the route of using other creatures, be they human or not, for personal gain as apposed to those who choose against such options?

Maybe 'God' is checking to see who 'takes the bait'?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

All I can think of is the island of doctor moreau

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join