It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists create animals that are part-human

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by woghd
Folks, we are not talking about a little gene splicing here. This is not slicing some jellyfish DNA into a zebrafish to make it glow.

These are mice with FULLY HUMAN BRAINS. That makes them human. You cannot make a human brain out of mouse braincells, nor can you make a mouse brain out of human brain cells. These are humans trapped in the body of a mouse, with deformed brains, but still and I stress this, fully human! Furthermore...they are children.

What will you think when these sick experiments are done on animals large enough for the brain to fully develop? Are you comfortable with a fully human brain trapped in the body of a great ape? Oh that's right, not gonna happen. If it acts too human, they will murder it.

Dr. Mengele never did anything this evil.
Humans stuck in a mouse body??? Cmon! its stem cells

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Some of you have very Valid points and some of you are just completely off your Rockers

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearMitochondria
The thought of messing with other sentient animals makes me feel ill.

If an alien race came down and forced injections in us that caused cancer [guaranteed] and left us all to die in a cage so they can harvest the DNA of the people who managed to survive, we'd not have a leg to stand on and complain really with the things we do to armies of lab rats and stuff. As soon as it involves humans being hurt-- oh no, can't have that!
edit on 3/24/11 by NuclearMitochondria because: (no reason given)

I completely agree, but perhaps not for the same reasons. (assumption)

Why is it so difficult to treat life with some dignity, some respect? Totally different thread topic here, but there is absolutely no reason why experimentation has to be callous and . . . . cruel, perhaps is the word I'm looking for.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandettas

to be honest, the fact their policy is to kill them dissapoints me, If a mouse in a lab suddenly started building tiny machines, or writing messages on the floor of their cages demanding their release, that'd be something to study, not eradicate

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewEmpire816

Folks, we are not talking about a little gene splicing here. This is not slicing some jellyfish DNA into a zebrafish to make it glow.

These are mice with FULLY HUMAN BRAINS. That makes them human. You cannot make a human brain out of mouse braincells, nor can you make a mouse brain out of human brain cells. These are humans trapped in the body of a mouse, with deformed brains, but still and I stress this, fully human! Furthermore...they are children.

What will you think when these sick experiments are done on animals large enough for the brain to fully develop? Are you comfortable with a fully human brain trapped in the body of a great ape? Oh that's right, not gonna happen. If it acts too human, they will murder it.

You say that like it's nothing.
Human stem cells that develop into human brains...100% human. It's a human in every way one can be a human. A human brain trapped in the body of a rodent, deformed because human brains do not fit into skulls so small, but fully human all the same.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
For the record trying to put human brains in another species and then killing them for it is wrong, In fact putting a human brain in anything but a human is wrong, But i'm all for experimenting on Animals

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
This subject inspires so many thoughts (positive and negative), that it becomes overwhelming.

1.) Will animals develop human behaviors? To what extent?
2.) What if they escape and start mixing?
3.) If they exhibit human behavior does it become murder to kill them? Should it be legal to torture them or experiment on them without their consent?
4.) Will some of them come to look like this? (Maybe all the anthro artists were onto something.
)
Anthro Animal

5.) Will we someday have to deal with Dr.Moreau?
6.) Is it possible that previous human civilizations also mixed humans with animals? Could that be an explanation for the wolf men/women still in existence today? Wolf Man

7.) Is that where myths got their talking animals?
8.) Did we arrive on this planet and genetically manipulated ourselves by combining our DNA with that of animals, so that we might have better chances to survive on this earth?
9.) Is this why our DNA is so closely related to that of Chimpanzees?
10.) Is this the reason we suffer so many genetic diseases?

It all makes me wonder and ask more questions. I feel both; disturbed and elated.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewEmpire816

Its human brain cells put into a mouse brain. That changes its whole make-up on what it is. Its human or try hybrid for a better word. ITS NOT STEM CELLS. Its research that is going on that goes far beyond what they have led some to believe.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by woghd

I'm not a 100% on exactly how stem cells works, maybe if they injected it in a mouse embryo but an already developed mouse brain turning human I dont know? you could be right, but nothing I'm willing to argue
edit on 24-3-2011 by NewEmpire816 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
To the people who think this is wrong.

To feed your daily american life, hundreds of thousands of animals die every single day to feed this. And your worried about this? Pathetic.

If you were born messed up and read this , your life might be changed if this works out, if your NOT, it means more evil science dabbling that religion is so against. Grow up.

If you think humans are not going to do this, you are so far from reality and have my sympathy. Guess what else those frankenstine [spelling] scientists are going to do after they master farming organs in sheep? They are going to eventually figure out how to radically improve the average lifespan of the common man, maybe sometime in our lifetimes who knows? Guess what else, to accomplish this goal, test dummies [animals] must be used, period.

No matter what you may think, the bottom line is NOBODY/ANIMAL comes into this world with "fair birth/life rights" you are subject to your environment. The people that "care" for the animals were born in a country where the standard of living is very high, but if you were born in many of the parts of the SAME PLANET you would fight daily to get a scrap of bread to survive, and you care about animals? You should be THANKFUL you have the OPTION to turn down meals and spare animals.

99.9% of every animal that has ever lived on this planet ever, is dead. Sounds like the gods that make these precious creatures are not very well at maintaining their environments are they? Sounds like a new desk worker in an office building trying to play sim earth than a god to me.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NewEmpire816

At one point you were barely anything more than some stem cells. Luckily they didn't put you in a mouse and kill you for behavior that, give the circumstances, would be considered perfectly natural.

Go go gadget science!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quasar_La-Zar
To the people who think this is wrong.

To feed your daily american life, hundreds of thousands of animals die every single day to feed this. And your worried about this? Pathetic.

If you were born messed up and read this , your life might be changed if this works out, if your NOT, it means more evil science dabbling that religion is so against. Grow up.

If you think humans are not going to do this, you are so far from reality and have my sympathy. Guess what else those frankenstine [spelling] scientists are going to do after they master farming organs in sheep? They are going to eventually figure out how to radically improve the average lifespan of the common man, maybe sometime in our lifetimes who knows? Guess what else, to accomplish this goal, test dummies [animals] must be used, period.

No matter what you may think, the bottom line is NOBODY/ANIMAL comes into this world with "fair birth/life rights" you are subject to your environment. The people that "care" for the animals were born in a country where the standard of living is very high, but if you were born in many of the parts of the SAME PLANET you would fight daily to get a scrap of bread to survive, and you care about animals? You should be THANKFUL you have the OPTION to turn down meals and spare animals.

99.9% of every animal that has ever lived on this planet ever, is dead. Sounds like the gods that make these precious creatures are not very well at maintaining their environments are they? Sounds like a new desk worker in an office building trying to play sim earth than a god to me.
star for you

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
We claim these are advances in science that somehow help the human race. Most of the "advances" we have made are EXACTLY what make people sick. Most diseases can be linked to toxicity and diet, and if our genes are messed up well diet and toxicity can do that as well. It''s one thing to let an animal be happy grazing on pasture then swiftly kill it for food, but to augment it's natural God given state to live a life experiencing unknown horrors simply to figure out how to prolong our pathetic lives because we couldn't take care of ourselves to begin with is beyond selfish and beyond sick.

Advances in science my rear. And what's to say that somehow these critters might not end up in the food chain by "accident" and then we're essentially eating human dna. Nobody's that careful, and if people are twisted enough to do this crap to begin with to animals, I doubt they have much empathy for the human race as well.
edit on 24-3-2011 by kalamatas because: typo

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Anime cat girls, ears and tails, Ryoko, Ryo-Oki, furry, tentacles, Lovecraft Cthulhu, mythological creatures, Orin slave girls, aliens and other such thing?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyTHSeed

At one point you were barely anything more than some stem cells. Luckily they didn't put you in a mouse and kill you for behavior that, give the circumstances, would be considered perfectly natural.

Go go gadget science!
Yeah but a stem cell is a stem cell and a fully working brain is totally different, if you could prove to me in any way that a stem cell has thoughts feelings and emotions (which it doesnt) I might sway on this subject, Nobody cries about the millions and millions of sperm that never makes it to the egg that gets wasted and just dies because it couldnt get to the egg,What about when someone masterbates (and dont act like you dont or havent) and just throws a napkin of sperm away or when women take drugs to kill their eggs or kill sperm it's ok to waste potentally millions of lives for just one little sperm to make it to the egg but stem cells, oh no!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Go go gadget science!
You could also say I'm lucky I wasnt shot into a napkin and i was the little sperm that made it to the egg, What are the chances i didnt get put in a mouse as a stem cell and made it to the egg...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
We have an advance in science going on now. Nuclear power plants they thought it was so great. Hopefully the radiation from Japan will be stopped before the radiation hits your home. This could take a few years the way they are going at it.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Go go gadget science!
And whats natural about a rat acting human???? Nothing!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/25aa306958dd.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalamatas
We claim these are advances in science that somehow help the human race. Most of the "advances" we have made are EXACTLY what make people sick. Most diseases can be linked to toxicity and diet, and if our genes are messed up well diet and toxicity can do that as well. It''s one thing to let an animal be happy grazing on pasture then swiftly kill it for food, but to augment it's natural God given state to live a life experiencing unknown horrors simply to figure out how to prolong our pathetic lives because we couldn't take care of ourselves to begin with is beyond selfish and beyond sick.

Advances in science my rear. And what's to say that somehow these critters might not end up in the food chain by "accident" and then we're essentially eating human dna. Nobody's that careful, and if people are twisted enough to do this crap to begin with to animals, I doubt they have much empathy for the human race as well.
edit on 24-3-2011 by kalamatas because: typo
what does toxcity and a persons personal diet have to do with Science and experiments making us sick??? it just sounds like someone brings disease and other things upon themselves by their diet and not actually our scientific advancments

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join