It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists create animals that are part-human

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
As long as we don't see problem solving rodents running around outsmarting us! We also don't need genocidal rodents running around with George Bush genes either, that would be a nightmare! Imagine a pack rat with Bush, Greenspan and Pope Benedict XVI genetics. It'd be creating false flags, hording shiny things and not feeling bad about it because they'd all repent their atrocities at the end of each crime.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
What, scientist have created animals that are part human?
I thought we started cloning us men years ago.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Just in case, Greely said, the committee recommended closely monitoring the mice’s behavior and immediately killing any that display human-like behavior

Wow, what kind of human behaviour are they talking about? Did they try to speak or something? This is dangerous.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I love eating meat but frankly tampering with animal genes freaks me the hell out. And creating chimeras, rargh!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by meathed
What, scientist have created animals that are part human?
I thought we started cloning us men years ago.

i think people are jumping to false conclusions, there is more than just having homo sapian sapian dna to be human.
i wouldn't call grown organs "part human" or a "hybrid"
this is like trying to claim that a glow-in the dark zebra fish is part sea anemone because we inserted a gene from a sea anemone into the zebra fish to make it glow.

or we put the same gene in rabbits makes them sea anemones
someone some pages back tried to claim this refutes the mods claim that hybrids of other animals and humans is impossible, but it doesn't. you can insert genes into any animal, we are all related on down the line, but it takes more than just a few genes to make what everyone is freaking out about.

way more than what we could do, need the structures to be the same, the larynx,brain, heart,lungs and so forth to be very genetically close.
inserting a few genes maybe possible but it wouldn't be a hybrid, first of all people need to to learn what the term hybrid means.
a hybrid is a crossbreeding between two species of animal, which at most would be possible...maybe... with chimps, anything else would be impossible

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimisticPessimist
...Stem cell experiments leading to genetic mixing of species

Just in case, Greely said, the committee recommended closely monitoring the mice’s behavior and immediately killing any that display human-like behavior. [own emphasis added]

What kind of human behavior can or would a mouse display and wouldn't that be an amazing discovery and lesson to see what human instinct is or was?

Makes me wonder if this has happened in our distant past and this is how the human race became what it is today.
edit on 24-3-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Yeah, I like my meat too......so long as our livestock's DNA has'nt been tampered with and is in it's natural state.........out in the fields eating GRASS !!!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scope and a Beam

Just in case, Greely said, the committee recommended closely monitoring the mice’s behavior and immediately killing any that display human-like behavior

Wow, what kind of human behaviour are they talking about? Did they try to speak or something? This is dangerous.

i'm thinking the committee is picturing what everyone on here is picturing, even though greely knows what they believe is impossible.
all i can figure is they have no knowledge of genetics if they think a mouse with a few human genes will turn into micky.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Scope and a Beam

I'd imagine a mouse with a human brain will have basic human instinct but obviously would'nt speak or show other physical human signs because it's organs and body is that of a mouse.....a clever mouse.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

To all his own thats your opinion. But we dominate the earth now and if you want to stay in the past you can do so.
While we further advance in the realms of science and biology and people like you can whine about it and go on about how the animals are suffering. Wake up its either us or them i'd rather it be them.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

Disgusting!

The mindless, soulless "scientists" behind this don't deserve to keep doing their business.

Why anyone believes this is scientific progress is beyond me... this is even worse than Frankenstein, and that's for real!
edit on 24/3/11 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Some of you seem to think creation is the sole providence of god, if there is one. If we were created in his image should not we strive to be just like him? If it helps think of it as magic. Advance science would look like magic to primitives

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by demongoat

Yeah, I claimed that and I will stick by it. It isn't impossible, its just its not mainstream. Think of Minotaurs, Centaurs, The Rat people, Medusa, Angels(could be humans with wings or based on Human DNA) Werewolves and the list goes on.

A few years ago anything in this thread was impossible by mainstream standards, How do you know it isn't possible now?

You a scientist like the Mod was?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I see nothing wrong with this. If this is what it takes to improve our quality of life and wipe out degenerative disease, then I say go for it. To me it is no different than harvesting animals for food. I hate to say it but alot of the advances we will make in the future will probably be a little questionable to some and outright wrong to others but if it helps advance our species, I'm all for it.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The one good thing about this, is that they are admiting it. I dont think it really surprised anyone. It horrified us, but no surprise. We all know that if we have imagined it then it has been experimented with. I am sure there are a lot of posibilites. You see a lot of pictures and statues of weird animal/human species in ancient cultures. Always figured it would only take time for us to go there again. We have all heard the stories about the Jersey Devil and other like things. Knowing that it is not a stretch that there would have been weird government experiments to create superheros if you will. BUT we all held tight to that little thought in our head that they would never try something like that. Welp here you go. Just on a smaller scale.

Personally I believe all life should be respected. This does not show respect. This perverts life. We are not a very intellegent species. Our minds are limited by time. WE can NOT imagine or consider anything past our own lifespan. Actually most can not see past getting what they want.

Karma's a bitty. I hate to see what she is going to do with this one.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by XRaDiiX

To all his own thats your opinion. But we dominate the earth now and if you want to stay in the past you can do so.
While we further advance in the realms of science and biology and people like you can whine about it and go on about how the animals are suffering. Wake up its either us or them i'd rather it be them.

I am already awake, which is why I feel the way I do about vivisection and cruel Frankenstein scientists.

Have you ever seen what these people do to these animals? Their painful, pitiful cries are absolutely devastating.

I ask that anyone who will condone the atrocities committed on innocent animals which are occurring in laboratories in the name of medical research, please watch just one video. I would be interested to know how many will still feel the same way.

Atrocities are no less atrocities just because they are in a laboratory.

And has anyone ever considered why animals have no rights in our world? Could it be because THEY DON'T VOTE?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skate

Originally posted by JohnnyTHSeed
reply to post by Skate

Life forms are a part of the environment. There are discussions of all kinds of GMO topics in Fragile Earth.

Or should we wait until some of these engineered beasts enter the wild and start affecting the environment in a more major way? An ounce of prevention; pound of cure.

GMO salmon was nearly released to live freely in the Columbia River. Luckily that was stopped (for now).

These animals can have a huge impact on our environment; for one, this experimentation may lead to new cross species diseases. I don't think this risk is worth the benefits. Look at how the AIDS epidemic developed due to human vaccines being developed using animals.

Okay so then let's put this thread into the Scientific Forum and talk about science experiments, putting HUMAN HEADS on GOATS. That's science, has nothing to DO with Earth and how it's fragile. This kid's thread is more about the actual process of putting the two together, not how about it affects the environment.

Deeeeeeeerrrrrppppp

looks like someone didn't smoke thier medicine today. Like someone said the mods will take care of it.

Back on topic if its safe and my family tree doesn't breed goats in the future i'm for it.
Organs are pretty scarce since most people us them. So if by some reason you needed one and you didn't take care of yourself......

ie smoking, drinking, drugs, mental distorder your dead. The doctors won't give you a fresh organ to kill.

ex smoker here so ill take what I can get if I get sick in the future lets hope not.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
This is a bit scary, but if it does help humans.... I don't know.

On a lighter note: The first thing I thought of was the movie "Black Sheep" Funny B-Horror movie.

Uhm Black Sheep B-Horror movie?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Perhaps we should look at the human created externalities like pollutants, toxins, radiation, pesticides, and food additives that CAUSE these "strange" disorders that come out of "nowhere," before we start playing god and creating these unfortunate creatures that may be able to experience the same feelings and emotions we do because they have been genetically bred in such a way.

Life will imitate art if we start creating genetically modified organisms that have not adapted to the environment over millions of years to fill a niche. We will create horrors that live a pitiful existance before being snuffed out in order to become one of our experiemental protocols. Just because we can, does not mean we should.

When you play god, be prepared to look in the mirror, and prey that you don't see the devil.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Well stated, Dooby! I am appalled at what humans do, and they probably pat themselves on the back for it too. I wonder what it's like to be that way. I can't imagine.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join