It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama rules out 'land invasion' in Libya

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by megabogie
Not to go off point too far... I am a woman and I served in the Army. But even I think it is a very bad idea to have a woman as the Senior US military officer in a combat operation. Just what are they thinking? Shouldn't a combat-experienced officer (man) be the face of our operations in Libya? Most of us aren't thrilled about being there in the first place and then we go the PC route and have a woman in charge? What the @#$% ?

Welcome to the "Brave new world" where looking good and having people "like us"; having the "right intentions" are more important than peoples lives. In no way am I implying a top notch experienced female officer should not be given this authority.

However;The issue with a female in command positions in the middle east is a cultural one ( theirs not ours).

Notice how"haggard and tired" Hillary looks lately? Women get no respect in arab countries.I'm sure she has to fight these arab diplomats and heads of state to take her seriously and even deal with her on a level basis .Knowing Hillary I'll bet she just loves that aspect .

"Madame clinton the sultinate has been notified of your arrival and is in the palace stable grooming his prize stallion. He shall be returning shortly and he requested you wait in the female only dining area ....
uh cigar ma'm????

edit on 24-3-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by SLAYER69

Is there a link?

media.abovetopsecret.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

[Did I miss anything?]

The Canucks, what about the Canucks?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

That's a bizarre analogy.

Hotdog and a dog vs. SAD/PMCs and special forces.

A better analogy would be between frankfurters (hotdogs) and bratwursts, with the hotdogs being military while SAD are bratwursts. Theyre both sausages. The point is its an issue of semantics.

Obama and the military says no US troops on the ground, but that doesn't rule out the CIA or contractors.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Aren't SOME C.I.A. Agents considered Military " Advisors " ? Either way , you do not Attack an Enemy without " On The Ground " Intelligence , no ?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Iraq...

8 years...Nearly 1 Trillion dollars
American Casualties
Total American Deaths: 4,441
Since "Mission Accomplished: 4,302
Total Wounded: 32,992

Libya...19 days...

Libya's rebels advance... 3/28/2011
RAS LANOUF, Libya (AP) — Airstrikes by international forces are helping Libyan rebels advance toward the western half of the country. The anti-government fighters are closing in on Moammar Gadhafi's hometown of Sirte (surt), where just the night before, Gadhafi forces were seen walking the streets
www.9and10news.com...

American Casualties: ZERO

Anybody notice the difference yet? Between a humanitarian and a neo-con agenda?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I just called into CSPAN to speak with a NATO policy think tank. I asked him about the SAS forces captured, and Ret. Col. David Hunt statements that US special forces were on the ground.

He acknowledged that US and British Special forces WERE on the ground pre-UN resolution.

Thanks ATS that information came from here! A small point for the information war.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join