It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is This Aurora Coming From A Single Point In The Sky?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Just Curious..

spaceweather.com

Photographer Antony Spencer reports "an amazing display" over Enontekio, Finland, on March 22-23:

"I was leading a group of photographers who have come over from the U.K and we decided to drive inland from Tromsø to beat the clouds," says Spencer. "The display we witnessed was absolutely incredible. I have never seen this much color in the aurora before."

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Whoa, that's a full rainbow all the way. Double rainbow, oh my God. double rainbow. It's a double rainbow all the way...damn. I oh my God. What does this mean? It's so bright, so vivid. Double rainbow, it's so intense. What does this mean? It's startin to even look like a triple rainbow. That's a whole rainbow, man, ahhhh! Double rainbow all the way 'cross the sky. Yeah, Yeeeeaaaaah, so intense. Double rainbow all the way 'cross the sky. Wow, wow, oh my God, look at that rainbow

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
It looks like its riding a stream of radiation from the cosmos.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Farnhold

Off topic

Could you be any more anoying? je sound like a 10 year old.

On topic.

That's a nice picture. Dit he take any more?

edit on 23-3-2011 by Wolfcomplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfcomplex

I'm not sure, but this picture is pretty crazy. Whatever it's coming from seriously appears to be originating from a single distant point in the sky, although I don't know a whole lot about this kind of thing...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I don't know much about auroras and such but as far and I'm aware it's a burst from the sun that releases some charged particals which enters the atmosphere right ?
So I'm guessing this means that the one in the picture are all focused on that single location ? Which seems wierd.
That 2nd quote also mentions colors he has never seen before in an aurora, which could possibly be from the amount of charged particals all focused on 1 location.
As said, I don't know anything about this subject so I'm just guessing.
edit on 23/3/11 by LanceDH because: typos

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
could it be lights from the north pole? im very interested in the hollow earth theory

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Looks like this is from the Flares (CMEs) that we seen a few days ago. Let's see if we have another earthquake/disaster like what happened with the last big flares

Very beautiful Aurora

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfcomplex

Off topic

Could you be any more anoying? je sound like a 10 year old.

On topic.

That's a nice picture. Dit he take any more?

edit on 23-3-2011 by Wolfcomplex because: (no reason given)

I havent had my daily tablet of chocolate today. I usually go crazy when that happens.
My Teddy Bear is lost as well
,muhuuhuu....

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

You really sound like the most annoying person ever! Really, you need to talk to your psychologist about upping your meds. What pleasure could anyone get from behaving like this.

OP. This is a beautiful photo and I agree it is unusual to come from one side like that.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by heataz

Exact samething could be said about you, citicisng someone for having a sense of humour ......

Beuatiful image,to say the least.

Starred anf Flagged

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Could the atmosphere be thinner over that part? Just thinking aloud as there is or was a hole in the ozone layer isn't there?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I don't usually make bad comments towards any member on here, but you sound like a very immature child.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Argh, why people never get my jokes...
do I really suck so much?

my first post in this topic were edited lyrics from Double Rainbow Song. I usually make "jokes" (not sure if they are jokes anymore, obviously nobody gets them
) like this when I see a thread with content that resembles something funny I saw in the past, especially some viral video from youtube.

Thumbs up if you agree

oh wait... don't... that is a youtube phrase.
edit on 23-3-2011 by Farnhold because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Well, you know what they say about Finland.... Don't you? You don't?

Fun stuff, those fox fires. The wildlife, the forests, the lakes; all make this a cool place to live. If we could just get rid of the Finns, their society, and the food (if you can call it that), this would be a great place.

I'm already working on those too.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

What a gorgeous aurora!! I have seen a couple in real life and it is hard to put into words how you feel when you see one right over your head. They are breathtaking.

I watched the viral video "Double Rainbow Guy" and totally understood the humor one poster used in this thread. I hope you don't mind me linking it here. It had over 24 million views on youtube. We laughed ourselves silly when we saw it. If that guy had videod this aurora his response would have probably been much the same.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
This was filmed by Terje Sørgjerd in the norther part of Norway

4 years of waiting. 40kg of equipment. 22 000 pictures. Several nights outdoor in freezing minus 25 degrees. Clear sky and gigantic sunstorms was all it took to capture this incredible movie

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by hardamber

HA!! Yea, I saw that a while back, it's great!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join