It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Jesus knew that he was God and had God's powers, how is that considered "making a sacrafice" ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I am not really all that impressed with the supposed "Sacrifice" that Jesus/God made for mankind. How do you sacrifice something that you instantly immediately get back? If Jesus knew that he was God/Son of God and he knew that he had the magical powers to do anything that he so choose, and he knew that when he died it did not matter because he was aware of the powers that he still had, he knew he could return from the dead, he knew the future and saw exactly what would happen.

This Jesus guy is NOTHING like any of the mortals who he was there to inspire. He was not playing on an even playing field for one thing. He gets mad because people have rough life's and treat each other bad, SORRY BRO WE DON'T HAVE SUPER POWER! SORRY BRO WE DON'T KNOW THE FUTURE.

If God wanted to make a sacrifice for the Sins that HE CREATED why didn't he actually live a life as a HUMAN and not as an all powerful God walking among mortals?

It is almost like god just wanted to go slumming like that show "Undercover Boss" where after one episode the guy goes back to living in a mansion and getting a 10 figure salary.

How is that considered a sacrifice in any way shape or form?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
It was a byproduct of the ancient Jewish/Hebrew ceremony in which they felt called to sacrifice animals in reverence to God. Pure symbolism, Jesus was the 'ultimate sacrifice' in reverence to God, for the salvation of His people. Don't forget, the sacrifice was only half of it. The resurrection sealed the deal.

Furthermore, i think you are getting confused by thinking that Jesus feared death. He knew it had to happen and he knew what was waiting on the other side of death. You can be confident that Jesus did suffer, physically and spiritually. 'Jesus' is the form that God took in order to instate the 'New Law'. If some Joe Blow walked around claiming that he was God incarnate, what do you think the first response of every person would be? Prove It! We humans are so caught up with proof, which substitutes for faith. Faith is sooo difficult for humans, and that is one major characteristic that sets so many people apart from one another. So... keep in mind that Jesus, after Messianic Consciousness, never used his, as you so eloquently call them 'magical powers' for selfish motives. But! Jesus, with all of His miraculous abilities, made sure He instilled that 'man is not saved by works alone'.

Yes, it is similar to your sitcom. God wanted to experience the human life which He created, and used this opportunity to get mankind 'on track'. However the difference is that the sole purpose of the incarnation of God was to set forth a path for the 'low life workers', so that they could join the boss in the mansion.

Btw... God did Not create sin! If you are convinced of this, i don't know what to tell ya.
edit on 23-3-2011 by TomServo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by idonotcollectstamps

Good point. I find it extremely annoying when Christians keep saying that Jesus died for my sins.

I mean, come on, how does that work. I wasn´t even born yet. I don´t see how him dying 2000 years ago, relates to my sins, wich are subjective anyways.

If someone can explain, please do.
edit on 23-3-2011 by UrgentInsurgent because: to add.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Good point!
First, for me Jesus wasn´t the God, just the Son of God. Otherwise, you are right,couldn t be called a sacrifice, because if he were the God He could anytime do whatever He wanted, for example anihilate his enemies.For me the sacrifice meant to humiliate himself and to live with corupted persons on Earth, as a human not as God
So, the concept for sacrifice is totaly wrong if He were the God.
Just my opinion

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

You have to understand why he sacrificed himself...

As i've said before Jesus was not God, he was a man. He understood God perhaps even sent by God. He didn't have supernatural powers, those are fairytales made up by the churches to prove their God was better then everyone elses God.

He sacrificed himself to show the world there is in fact "life after death", something that wasn't a strong belief in the day . Even today theres sects of the church that still push the "one life to live" theory. Unfortunatly this is all used for control...

Put it this way, if you only had one life to live wouldn't you want to ensure your place in heaven? Well look no further, church will sell you that place with their teachings, and you must believe what they tell you because they are the guys in the big beautiful buildings with stained glass and a Cross which of course symbolizes your belief. They are the ones with the book, they tell you what to believe to get that "ticket" into heaven....and if you don't believe them, you will burn in Hell....
Sound familiar?

If God wanted to make a sacrifice for the Sins that HE CREATED why didn't he actually live a life as a HUMAN and not as an all powerful God walking among mortals?

He does my friend, hes within every one of us, experiencing life with us as each of us walk our path..

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by UrgentInsurgent

I mean, come on, how does that work. I wasn´t even born yet. I don´t see how him dying 2000 years ago, relates to my sins, wich are subjective anyways.

This just further inforces the "come follow what we say" thing i mentioned above...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Jeah,

but I would like an explanation from the Christian point of view.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TomServo

Yeah but an Animal isn't going to respawn. Once an animal is killed (poor little fellagh) it doesn't get to resurrect. Heck some people say animals do not even get to go to an afterlife! That does not seem like an even tradeoff there.

These are two completely different things.

Animal Sacrifice -

1) Has no magic God powers
2) Has no ability to come back from death
3) Does not know the future

Jesus Sacrifice -
1) Has infinite magic God powers
2) Can come back to life every single time he is killed
3) Knows everything that will ever happen

If anything the animal sacrifice is about 1000X times more important of a sacrifice than someone who you sacrifice and says "Lol JUST KIDDING you can't kill me haha!".

edit on 23-3-2011 by idonotcollectstamps because: Edited for clumsy spacing SORRY!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

The suffering Jesus endured as a flesh embodied being was terrible. He felt every bit of the torture inflicted, not immune to the pain that was inflicted upon Him.

The fact he chose to incarnate knowing He would endure these things is what made His sacrifice all the more special and sacred in taking on such a burden to demonstrate the Light Path of unconditional love, compassion and forgiveness for humanity's sake.

Grace and Blessings to you friend.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by UrgentInsurgent
reply to post by Akragon

Jeah,

but I would like an explanation from the Christian point of view.

Im sorry i am not christian...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

The suffering Jesus endured as a flesh embodied being was terrible. He felt every bit of the torture inflicted, not immune to the pain that was inflicted upon Him.
reply to post by benedict9

What is pain and suffering but some chemical and electrical signals. Why is it a sacrifice if you know that you actually exist and will live on in a higher realm.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Jesus did not sacrifice himself for anyone......he was put to death by the Romans and he had no say in the matter.

Now whether he actually died or not is another matter; I personally think either he died or he was in already in coma when he was placed in his tomb.

For any one to claim that Jesus sacrificed himself for mankind is as good as saying they condone the sacrifice of another human being.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by benedict9

He was in pain for what two days, three tops? Three days of pain is a pretty freaking GRAND trade off for being able to respawn, having infinite god powers, having knowledge of all history that ever happened and will ever happen. PLUS he had a bunch of political aids following him around doing his EVERY demand.

I, and probably just about every other mortal human on Earth would HAPPILY endure three measly days of hardship in exchange for all of those powers.

ESPECIALLY if you knew that it did not matter because you were about to come back to life!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by UrgentInsurgent

Good point. I find it extremely annoying when Christians keep saying that Jesus died for my sins. I mean, come on, how does that work. I wasn´t even born yet. I don´t see how him dying 2000 years ago, relates to my sins, wich are subjective anyways.

Time is relative... God is not subject to time as we are. Therefore, God sees the entire picture simultaneously.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I had already established you were not.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TomServo

So can you explain why and how Jesus died for my sins?

How are his death and my perceived sins related.?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
If you are really that curious about a Christians prospective.

I have a book I would like to recommend......The Bible.

In spite of your insults....He still loves you.

Now that's a sacrifice.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Is that aimed at me?

What insults?

Referencing to the bible, what a surprise. Is it that hard to just answer my question?

Christians keep throwing the, Jesus died for your sins, around, but noone is ever actually able to explain how that works.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I always thought that when Jesus cried out "why have you forsaken me" that implies that he didn't know what was going to happen and thought he was to be whisked away by that point.

I completely agree with your premise though and I agree it makes no sense and never has, how Jesus dying has anything to do with the sins of the world. I believe that Jesus was just a man, not a god, and so did many early Christians, dont forget that the symbolism of modern christianity is borrowed from Rome. When someone displays the cross, they are merely displaying the power of Rome

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by deutschbag

Actually they are not displaying the power of Rome because Jesus was in fact cruicifed, not on a cross, but a TAU.

A Tau is an ancient Egyptian symbol.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join