Q for the women about female cycle

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I'm serious when I ask this question, so pls no jokes, no obscene talk,etc....

As a 34 y old woman I should know this, but a recent discussion with my teen daughter shows I could have been wrong all my live.

Can a woman get pregnant during her menstruation when she doesn't take anitconception pills or any other kind of birthcontrol?

I always thought and have been told "no"... most of my female friends also say "no" and I pretty much remember being taught "no" at school and by my mother...

but now my daughter says "yes" (they taught her at school)
So I went google and to my surprise a lot of people say "yes, you can get pregnant during your menstruation".
well actually the opinions vary, one says "yes" another comments with "no"

if the answer is indeed yes then I'm lucky to never have had an 'accident' in the past, lol
But anyway, does anyone here knows the correct answer? (btw, the men can reply to if they know the answer)
I'll be also asking my MD next time I visit her.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Then what would be the point of ovulation? Now I'm sure you can get pregnant at any time, most likely rare but happens. There's one week a month you are highly fertile. Just to be safe, assume there's a risk everyday of the month for your child's sake
maybe that's why her teacher said yes because even though rare, it happens so you can't really say no..
edit on 23-3-2011 by innervision0730 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

I was under the impression it was possible since sometimes the body will release two or more eggs. The first if unfertilised will slough off and bring about what is a normal menstral period, but the second could be still within the fellopian tube.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Yes...

www.wisegeek.com...

I don't know how you feel about Birth Control.. but I have believed for years that Women are dying from Cancers associated with that nasty chem. I will add... does that mean we don't take it anymore and have baby baby baby..no... let's go back to the old Value system of NOT DTF...(sexual interCourse..lol) with every TOM, DICK, SALLY around 2: 45a.m. lol

And when both parties respect each other.. there is safe birth control with being responsible that will absolutely keep you baby free and happy until you've decided to have a child.
and NO.. I wasn't preaching at the OP.. I'm sure this woman knows...lol just trying to be helpful. Please don't put your little girls on that toxic crap!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
exactly what I said "then what's the point of ovulation if you can get pregnant every day of your cycle"

Firstly I want to educate my daughter the right way but she's still to young for anticonception...
Secondly, I don't take birth controll pills anymore, I stopped a few months ago after taking it for 13 years... so I need to know how things work aswell, lol... I'm not up for another child.
I also need to educate my husband on this matter because he keeps saying 'no no no, you can't get pregnant!' LOL smartass!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I was always told yes, because when your body is "cleansing", it's not always doing it from all sections of the uterus at once.
BTW, make sure you tell her she can still get preg. on birth control, I have two sons to prove it! LOL

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

hahah you're to cute.. thanks We women need to stick together so that big pharma can't kill our kids.

I hope 13yrs of it hasn't caused any damage..if you have cancers in your family.. be soo so so proactive. These days when things are caught on the dime... they're better able to treat you so you can live a long long.."no Grams can't babysit I'm headed to BINGO... but I love you.. ahahahah.... stay cool

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

lmaoo That means if the Pill didn't work.. they were more meant to be then maybe the standard meant to be..lol

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK
exactly what I said "then what's the point of ovulation if you can get pregnant every day of your cycle"

Firstly I want to educate my daughter the right way but she's still to young for anticonception...
Secondly, I don't take birth controll pills anymore, I stopped a few months ago after taking it for 13 years... so I need to know how things work aswell, lol... I'm not up for another child.
I also need to educate my husband on this matter because he keeps saying 'no no no, you can't get pregnant!' LOL smartass!

The human body's a weird and wonderful thing. Sometimes it just doesn't run by the textbook.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Sperm can survive for 5 days inside, so although it is rare, it can happen.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by toolstarr

yup, and is that the only reason why they say you can get pregnant during mensturation? Because of the survival of the sperm untill ovulation takes place?

well I guess in that case, having a constant cycle and doing some math... pregnancy can be avoided after all. I read on the net that some of the counting techniques work 100% to avoid pregnancy. But then again, I dont think any technique is 100% safe.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

I had an examination last year to check if the bc pills worked well with me and it did. They look inside with a camera and somehow they can tell if it works or not, it depends from woman to woman.

I'm just glad I never had an accident because from what ive read so far I've been pretty careless...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

Yes, cancer is one of the reasons why I stopped taking them, I was taking the pills for so many years and sooner or later it's to long. Were still desiding on what other bc to go on (well, hubby is still desiding if you know what I mean, lol)
but cancer is something that is on my mind a lot lately since my father died from it.

I'm glad we can ask each other these kind of questions without people looking weird,

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

Yep, and they are both crazy strong willed yet today!

Also, I had heard somewhere that sperm could survive 7 days.

new topics

top topics

join