It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airports & Banned Objects : a pictoral review

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
This is a neat collection of pictures of items that are banned on flights, since the tragedy of September 11, 2001.

www.usatoday.com...

these are pictures from Dulles International Airport...

Sorry, I coulnd't post actual pictures here, but please take the time to go look at them, with the link provided.

I can understand, no scissors, hammers, knives, etc. But, Nail Clippers, come on now.

What are your thoughts on what is and is not allowed on flights ?

[edit on 22-7-2004 by elevatedone]

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Did you see the pic with all the laptops? I bet there was 20. Why would you need to take all of them, and all the clothing that was taken?

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
My father flew from North Carolina to California last year. They searched his luggage, they searched him (he's got a look to him that scares some people, or it could be the shirt that say - 9 out of the 10 voices in my head say don't shoot - with a big bullseye on it) I don't know why people would find this threatening lol... anyway. They searched his carryon and took all his razor refills, yet they left the actual razor with its blade attached. They didn't take that. I don't get it. Why would they take the refills but not the actual razor which could be much easier used as a weapon.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I think its funny you can have 4 matchbooks, but not 5 or more. You can have lighters, zippos, but not "torch" zippos, which serve the exact purpose other than their name being "torch".

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
My personal banned item story: At my local airport during check-in the security officers confiscated my nail clippers and my disposable shaver. After I got through security I went into an airport gift shop and bought replacements for both.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spectre
My personal banned item story: At my local airport during check-in the security officers confiscated my nail clippers and my disposable shaver. After I got through security I went into an airport gift shop and bought replacements for both.

Yeah, thats just stupid. How they have these "banned items" past security. Like many airports have restaurants past security with metal forks and knives, and giftshops with all sorts of stuff.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
As far as the clothes and laptops go, it says they are in the lost and found, not confiscated by security. My question is who had all that bug spray, and those large caliper ammo shells. Jeez. And did you see the stack of handguns and the plastic knuckles. Good god man!

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spectre

ahhh, see now we're on to something here...

That's why they take all of the things that we can't figure out... so that we'll visit the airport gift shops and purchase those items back at triple the price..

new topics

top topics

join