It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Street View: 13: Mainstream Media Failure (and more!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
This week on ATS Street View, our team questions people on the streets of New York City about the shortcomings, misdirection, and even failure of the mainstream media to inform the public. Other topics covered are big-oil, nuclear energy, and the average person's impressions of Internet privacy.

Standard Definition Version:

edit on 12-6-2015 by ATSmediaPRO because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Sorry, what was the point of this episode? If there is anything that the majority of ATers already agree on is that the MSM is useless at best, but probably dangerously misinforming most of the time.

It is almost like you guys are trying to support going main stream yourselves to substitute whats there now. I don't think u guys need to work too hard on that. If its the right thing to happen, it will happen.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Excellent as usual, it is great to hear what the public thinks, as we all know we don't get that from MSM. Good questions and answers, the public is aware for the most part.

Thanks for bringing us The Street View, wish it were longer.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
That's really interesting getting to see a sample of people on the street's opinion about the MSM.

Also consider that in person just on the street, that people exhibit tons of inhibitions and bite their tongue often.
Seems like most people are dissatisfied.

Hmmm...I do think it is good journalism to bring up the topic of how bad journalism is however. It's really one of our core issues that get's overlooked because the bad journalism distracts us so much.

One lady in the video mentioned that disasters get exaggerated, but I would tend to say many disasters get covered up or downplayed greatly, for example the Oil Companies in Nigeria or South America.

Also, everyone falls for downplaying a disaster until it happens to them and their own life is on the line and hanging in the balance tenuously. We need to start being more concerned in a rational way and approach our problems realistically in the hopes of building a better world for our children. The MSM is used as the primary mode of this whitewashing.

Civilization already has too many problems, and having the govt/corps lie outright to people consistently and focus on completely irrelevant stories to distract us from progress, compounds our problems greatly.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Misdirection, it’s teaching us compliance through disinterest. By bombarding the news with garbage, the governmental side show doesn’t suffer an audience. HMS, the TSA, the banking bailout, the housing market, the expansion of presidential powers, crumbling infrastructure, our loss of industry, inferior educational system. I doubt anything real will ever make prime time. I get all my news off the internet, it’s very rare the mainstream media has anything surprising to offer.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Japan's nukes blowing up by hydrogen or steam or hydrogen and oxygen from sea water
can't matter too much for accuracy.
The problem is nukes being force upon Japan and the rest of the world by the Illuminati
World Secret Government and there is nothing any one can do about it.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I do enjoy these Street View things, It's funny hearing the people on the street talk about issues. It would be funny to see the reactions from people on the street in my local town, although I fear their opinions would consist of nothing but monosyllabic grunts.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Is it interesting to anyone else that the more grungy the person looked the less likely they were to have anything positive to say about the MSM and the more articulate they were.

Makes me wonder if there can be a correlation between how gullible a person is and how often they shave...

Anyway fun video, enjoyed the little break at work. Thank you!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Very intriguing, I wonder if there's a corilation between the amount that people know about the current world order and age, country, status etc. My mum who is in her 80's doesn't believe that any government would deliberately hurt its population, and doesn't believe that the media is manipulated etc. A proper survey would be interesting.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Nothing really new here. Like first poster mentioned, ATSers have a general hatred toward MSM. This type of thing needs to be on TV or distributed some other way.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
They are not covering the starvation or the raping of nations. That's what I say.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
S/F

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beaufromnz
Very intriguing, I wonder if there's a corilation between the amount that people know about the current world order and age, country, status etc. My mum who is in her 80's doesn't believe that any government would deliberately hurt its population, and doesn't believe that the media is manipulated etc. A proper survey would be interesting.

That is odd, because my mother who passed away several years ago and would be well into her 80's were she alive, was always fond of repeating the saying believe half of what you see and none of what you hear -- or something along those lines. Basically it was don't trust the media or politicians. I used to think she was just too paranoid, but now I see she was right all along.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I personally dont blame the MSM for not covering certain topics, I blame the people who continuously listen to it and remain uneducated. The real news is out there but you have to go find it! I dont need CNN or Fox to cover something for me to know about it, I have ATS and especially the breaking alternative news forum!!

Heres a video from CNN and one of their fake broadcasts from "Saudia Arabia" in 1994

If they were doing this in 1994, imagine whats happening in 2011 with all of the CGI and other advanced technology!? Good video ATS, i enjoyed the varieties of responses!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Start with why are we being lied to.
Lets see if any can figure out the truth.

Lets start with the 7 days in May fantasy
leading to paper-clip for starters.

Then on to why there is so much deadly
radiation in space no one but Tesla ever talked about needing
to carry along 3 feet of lead shielding as shown in a 1936
movie 'Things to Come", well things didn't come and neither
did the truth in space.

Then why force nuke plants on Japan and the world when
Tesla would generate electricity from the Sun currents
through the Earth.

Three for starters to ignore or stave off in more lies.
More Lindsy and Charlie and ET news, entertainment ET for mass
media TV and Extraterrestrials for the big controlled net for everyone.
ED: Go ahead ask the street about 7 days in May or paper clip or
radiation dangers in even flying above 30" of atmospheric protection
or how nuke plants can be replaced by Tesla more than 60 cycles
from radioactive steam plants. We should know what the people know.
edit on 3/26/2011 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I get annoyed now that the news is only half hour long, and they repeat the same old garbage, or talk about Charlie S all the time (altho! youtube him with reguards 9/11, he's on our side!!!!). There is sooooooooo much going on in the world and the news only touches on .1% of it. No wonder the masses have no idea whats going on, and how bad things are, they only hear such a small amount. You hear people say that they are sick of the news that they only show bad stuff, gosh if only they knew, then they really would moan.
I often mention world happenings to friends and family and they are amazed, eg, the Chili earthquake after the Japan one, it wasn't on the news tho!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Actual data is seemingly not allowed to be dished out to the public.
Perhaps there would always be a contradiction and the organization would not want to be humiliated.
Well we see what happened to Tesla called crazy and made 300 mile per second aircraft still
used and defended against ignorance.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
mainstream media has been binding our hands from reaching, shielding our eyes from the truth, further driving people to create their own media, their own news their own music, their own entertainment, enlightenment, mainstream is a web not unlike the fangs of a cobra in our neck. i beg you all of ats, do not succumb to this pasteurization homogenization, this sterilization, and confusion the bergiouse plague of mainstream media.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
One of the functions of the media is to protect the public from fraudulent statements made by public figures. The unwillingness of the media to fulfill this role in the case of Obama has led to significant, and probably needless, public tension. Obama's resistance to releasing the long version of his birth certificate, has served not only to raise legitimate speculation about the circumstances surrounding his birth, but to give fodder to anti-Obama extremists.

Best memes

new topics

top topics

join