It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When worms attack your car.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
When worms attack your car.

in my search for weird and wacky stuff going on around the world,i came across this,i though i share with you all..the though of getting up one morning,and finding your car under attack from WORMS..lol.

now i have no idea about these worms,they look like mill worms to me,if someone can share more info on this,it be great.

source

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
They are caterpillars that will one day become moths or butterflies.I have never heard of this happening overnight though.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
All i have to way is WT...H

That's a crazy infestation!!!

YUCK!!

By the looks of the image's they are not slugs... but if there are any slugs involved... break out the SALT!!!
edit on 23-3-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Hmmmm, never seen anything like that, but I think Eeeeeeeewwwwwww! about covers it.

Second line.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
It would appear that it is about time to go fishing.

MOTF!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
That poor civic. I wonder if any got inside?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
This might help;

Dipel contains Bacillus thuringiensis, or Bt for short; it is highly effective and selective against most species of caterpillars. This biological control is a bacterial stomach poison for all caterpillars, which is mixed with water and sprayed onto foliage. It must be ingested by the actively feeding caterpillar, which dies 3-5 days later. It is totally safe to beneficial insects, bees and mammals. Bt is broken down by sunlight within a few days; so repeated applications may be necessary

www.greenharvest.com.au...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Gypsy moths. Here in Pa. they were bad many years ago. If I recall the state was spraying them.
They can devestate a tree fairly fast.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
That is a dutch number plate as well unless I am mistaken - I have been inside an office building in MK that was literally covered in spiders (not very good if you are afraid of spiders!)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by snapperski

They are tent caterpillars!

Tent caterpillars

We call 'em bagworms here in Louisiana. They are wrapping up uur fruit trees here as we speak! Three years ago we had an infestation like those pictures. It was nasty! All the leaves were chewed offa the trees and they were all webbed up.

Thankfully it goes in cycles, so this year there are just a few. Just enough to put in the freezer and save for trot-line bait, actually!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I think I puked in my mouth a little on that one. We've had army worms here in Duluth MN real bad before. Bad enough to make some streets real greasy to drive on, but never seen a car get hijacked by worms like that before.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

We called 'em bagworms where I grew up in Maryland too. Gross, but didn't really do any harm. At least not to our apple tree that they infested year after year.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
gross! how do you go about cleaning your car then? i would be so freaked out to get inside, thinking some catepiller is going to fall down on my head while i drive! ha.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Reminds me of the swarm of locusts from Moses' story.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by snapperski

Around here we call those ARMY WORMS. We were overrun by them several years back.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I should have known better than to click on this thread while eating spaghetti... :shk:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Would not like to be a homeless dude sleeping on a park bench in that town...
Wonder what made the caterpillars do that-They must be confused and think cars etc were plants/trees?
Weird.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
What a horror!

We call them tent worms or tent caterpillars, too. We call bag worms the caterpillars or worms that form an elongated diamond shaped or seed shaped cocoon that hangs off of the branches of evergreens and are cleverly disguised to blend in with the foliage.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Just wondering,what are they like fried?
Could make a tasty snack.

Anyone tried fried caterpilar?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
We call them Army worms up here to. They cause accidents sometimes on the highway when theyre really bad.

Heard a story a couple years back of a guy who shoveled garbage bags full of them off of his deck and yard.

Thank god a moved to the flatlands where there are no trees to attract them.

<<   2 >>

join