It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists' research warns humanity may be facing 'vortex of death'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Fuzzy Wabbit

True - but you forgot those little near-miss asteroids. ...Just close enough and fast enough to ruffle the magnetosphere, methinks.

edit on 23/3/11 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Please don't give into that rubbish. It makes me so sad to think people would actually think those things.
1. Useless eaters is a term coined by a murdering blackguard, most likely chuckling at the guilt he has created.
2. There is no food shortage that hasn't been engineered by these same people. Same goes for overpopulation
3. Baby boomers are not useless although they have somewhat dropped the ball on passing down the wisdom.

I have a 24 year old son who has expressed a similar guilt even though he's the most concerned conservationist I ever met. It breaks my heart to see people like this. I hope you will embrace this life and be proud of the boom for goodness sake!
Unless you fought for womens liberation very hard because I think it's gone too far and ruined our society.
Peace n love

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by HazyChestNutz
Lmao, its the reptillians that cause wars and famine. NOT THE VORTEX OF DEATH.

Yes, very funny word to a pretty interisting subject. Maybe this is the right time for irrelevant things like make jokes about the name of something we dont understand.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
The linked article in the OP is shot through with gems of objective journalism like the following:
"The year was 1963 when another piece of the terrifying puzzle snapped snugly into place. The picture that was forming might as well have been from the depths of hell."

So now let us factor in all the animal deaths, strange pet behavior, the Mayan Calendar, rumbling noises, etc, etc, & maybe with a little luck, we can abandon the prophecies of Nostradamus, the NWO, Illuminati, etc, in favor of this new bogeyman.

Repeat after me: Ohhh no... again! We're all gonna die... again!

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust,
If Nibiru don't get you,
The Vortex must

Sorry, I can only be afraid of so many things at one time before some bogeyman has to catch the overflow.
edit on 3/23/11 by BuzzCory because: Toned it down, believe it or not

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Why oh why is it so very hard for Western thinkers to contemplate the idea of radical change without going all weird?

Change happens. Sometimes it's radical, catastrophic even. But a society of individuals who cannot accept the notion of sometimes catastrophic change is not just seriously neurotic - it's doomed.

edit on 23/3/11 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BuzzCory

What nibiru has to do with this threat?

If you cant see how we can be affected by the system where we are stuck in, repeat after me:

dum dum dum dum dummmmm.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
Why oh why is so very hard for Western thinkers to contemplate the idea of radical change without going all weird?

Change happens. Sometimes it's radical, catastrophic even. But a society of individuals who cannot accept the notion of sometimes catastrophic change is not just seriously neurotic - it's doomed.

Seems catastrophic events never happened before. Some people just like to act like childs.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
We are definitely living in exciting times, if the world is going to end I'm happy I get to be around to see it go. Embrace the carnage

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
*something* is happening and that cannot be denied. I'm not sure how much I believe in predictions but I have had 2 dreams about the sun that is disturbing. I came across this as well the other day

Prophecy 2011 - 4: When solar activity increases, heavy storms will hit U.S. coastal areas

www.alamongordo.com...

Another thing I find creepy is how the movie "Knowing" predicted the gulf oil rig disaster. That movie is also about the sun.
edit on 23-3-2011 by Aisling because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Most definitely the Sun will be the cause of mankind's ultimate demise. Whether the end comes in 2012, tomorrow or 3 hours from now matters not. The end of times cannot be prevented and foreknowing of the event will only make it impossible for you to be happy. Go and enjoy all your time with loved ones, learn to appreciate the small things in life as much as the grand things. Be thankful of this precious gift we've all been given.

If the end is coming, we shouldn't know about it.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Well its not totally weird the moon has long been suspect in causing mood changes.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Sounds like a funpark extreme ride doesn't it.

And yes he's right but all you have to do is look at past history (past history???) to see civilisations that were advanced collapsing, we don't need disasters for that to happen but he definately on the right track

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
For the record, I do believe that we are electrical beings at base. I even believe that our consciousness is embedded in, or maybe even the product of, an electromagnetic field that is the sum total of all the nerve impulses traveling not only through our cerebral neurons, but through our bodies as well, & is the basis of the concept of the soul.

My reaction in my earlier post was to the completely alarmist, comic book-silly tone of the article on which this thread is based. When I read something, I'm not just looking for validity in what's presented. I'm also asking myself what the writer's intention is within the writing he or she is doing.
This writer of that article clearly intended to scare the crap out of his readers, not just to put forth an interesting, thought-provoking concept gained from the research of another.

The idea itself, that drastic increases in Solar activity may make large changes in the Earth's (and our) magnetic fields, leading to planetary weirdness, is definitely interesting, though I might be more prone to worry about all the microwave transmissions passing through us as humanity continues its love affair with the mobile phone.

My intention was not to mock the OP or anyone else who is curious-minded enough to explore new concepts, but IMO, the obvious fear-mongering tone of the article that inspired this thread deserved to have a shot fired at it.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

lmaoo I was thinking the same thing but I didn't know how to be nice about it. I'm not saying this isn't true. After all.. they have data that shows Crime goes up during Full Moons. However: It seems that this might be an excuse for up-coming events? It's not our *leaders* fault we're in WW3.. it's the Sun dammit..lol

I have been feeling a little nutty lately... I must admit. I've decided to go back to eating Crackers in bed instead of Nuts.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkmask
If the end is coming, we shouldn't know about it.

Well no, if we all knew about it then we wouldnt care what we did. And when that happens the economy goes into meltdown. If you knew you had a few months to live, would you really go to work every day? Or would you enjoy life and do what you have always wanted to do? People would commit crimes etc

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkmask

ah bullshag we can't do anything

And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand
edit on 23-3-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by john_bmth

Because the human brain doesn't contain electronic circuitry.

But yet runs off of electricity

A neuron is basically an on/off switch just like the one you use to control the lights in your home. It is either in a resting state (off) or it is shooting an electrical impulse down a wire (on). It has a cell body, a long little wire (the "wire" is called an axon), and at the very end it has a little part that shoots out a chemical. This chemical goes across a gap (synapse) where it triggers another neuron to send a message. There are a lot of these neurons sending messages down a wire (axon). By the way, each of these billions of axons is generating a small amount of electrical charge; this total power has been estimated to equal a 60 watt bulb.

*FACEPALM*

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSOSo, if I understood this well, 2012 is not just about fearmongering... It is about the Sun interfering in human behavior? All this stuff happening in the world make me think about Mayans. Things are getting really, really weird in this world.

Check this out if you want to read something really strange: science.nasa.gov...

Electromagnetic portals of energy connect the Earth and sun; they open and close and conduct energetic interactions. Mix this with recent reports of a NASA satellite detecting positrons (antimatter) above active thunderstorms... And you have a heck of a lot of energy and interactions (ANTIMATTER + Electromagnetic Portals!!?? Really?) around our planet... all depending on solar activity. Who knows how much we are individually and collectively affected by our own sun. And then there's the interaction of neutrinos from Gamma Ray Bursts that are constantly penetrating through the planet and all life on its surface.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
There have been solar maximums every 11 years for eternity.........

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Something is happening.
What you ask?
The PTB have pushed us to the edge with all of their propaganda, they now hope for a panic that will cause a ruckus on the cliffs edge.
Then they can say, "Well we didn't do it".
If you buy into all of this gloom and doom then you will panic, and that is your fault for listening to fairy tales via the web.
While i prep, i do so for the man made problems that face the world.
If mother nature has it out for you, it doesn't matter how much food you have or how deep your bunker is.
So,....live while you can, or please go off somewhere and die quietly.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join