It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists' research warns humanity may be facing 'vortex of death'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Good question.

Can be a lot of things I think. Since food to culture.

This would be a great subject of research.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
It seems like our earth is shaking it's self to get rid of dead limbs and other trash.

As much as I want to believe I am a compasioinate and God loving woman I realize we do have lots of useless eaters in this world.
I am one such person.

We of the baby boomer age are just about good for nothing. We use up food and other products and many of us have high upkeep.

We produce nothing but a liability for the generation after us.

Maybe it's time to thin out us old folks and other undesireables.
Sounds cruel doesn't it?

In my opinion the best way to approach the possible bad times is to remember all is well where I am right now and I will enjoy every minute of life until it is gone.

I refuse to borrow trouble and let it hinder my everyday living.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
S+F
I have been reading articles about correlations of solar activity with historical records in the last few years and IMO Sun's magnetic influence on human behaviour cannot be denied. If our star magnetic burps can seriously influence devices such as satellites and even electrical grids, why for God sake should our brain not be affected? As written by someone else on this thread, levels of vitamine D in the blood are also influenced by exposition to daylight, so how can we think that changes in Sun electromagnetism are neutral for mankind? Statistical data show direct correlation among sunspots and climate on Earth (for sure also on other planets), everything is connected and depends on Sun behaviour.

We are married with the Sun, in good and evil. Without Sun's magnetic field, life in the Solar Sytem would not exist (at least in the way we know)...the Heliosphere protects all the planets from the interstellar medium, it's like a giant bubble travelling in the universe (or, a tiny tiny cell travelling in a body). Unfortrunately, now and then the Sun gets hyper and we pay the consequences. It's evident that, as solar max 24 approaches, events are escalating. Actually, events are escalating since 100 years ago (starting from WW1), a period of time almost insignificant in "solar" terms.

Let's just sit and wait for the fireworks, only few months left

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Hundroid

If I was an anthropologist, I would like to be studing some tribe in south america for data. If an isolated comunity show some kinds of change in theirs behaviors, it will be a hit.

This will be a good research.
edit on 23-3-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO

All this stuff happening in the world make me think about Mayans.

Why does it make you think of the Mayans? The Mayans didn't make any predictions about 2012 or anything else. They weren't in the prediction racket.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

For the same reason if you stop anyone in the street and ask him about the 2012, he will link this to the mayans. Its a MSM--->People common sense, meme now.

If it is real or not, dont ask me.
edit on 23-3-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Ok... here goes...

It's about time that I reveal a theory of mine that I have been working on ... brace yourself... contain the laughter to a dull roar...

I believe that we have "IQ sink-holes" on this planet. Most people encounter them, some people are less affected than others (for reasons I can't explain) ... as we approach these physical manifestations of stupidity we become more and more prone to simply 'be stupid.'

There was a particular intersection of roads where I used to live where inevitably, someone always was doing something which defied reason... like crossing the street without looking, or coming to a stop in the middle of the intersection... or failing to take note of the need to stop altogether.... people would look at their wrist watches while holding a drink, which would then spill all over their shoes. Others would call each other by someone else's name. As they walked away, they would routinely exclaim... "What was I thinking?" This exemplifies a small 'low-impact' "IQ Sink-Hole".

There are much larger ones.... like near Washington D.C....

Some friends of mine theorize that these sink-hole may float around... pushed by ethereal winds, some think they blossom spontaneously and dissipate over time. Other thought that these may even merge and explode once a sort of "critical mass" is reached. The less humorous part of me wonders if an "IQ Sink Hole" can be fabricated and projected.... but I digress

Essentially, the allegory is meant to imply that human nature is prone to seek explanations for events in order to promote predictability in the human condition. Perhaps the Mayans knew of the cyclic nature of the major astronomical force that the sun represents. Most people who routinely deal with strangers over long periods of time note that the full moon has a perceivable effect on general behavior... why not the Sun? And even more so, why could it not be based on forces and conditions which we have yet to acknowledge or determine are 'real?'

Pure science is as much about what we don't know as what we do. In our materialistic consumerist world, we can't really sell what we don't know... so science and facts are given to us by the establishment based upon that paradigm.

I don't know if my fanciful idea of "IQ Sink Holes" has any parallel in reality (or any merit at all for that matter) ... but the shoe seems to fit sometimes.... so I dare say, in the case of the prophecies regarding 2012... what we don't know could sneak up on us.... perhaps we should be prepared to deal with an outbreak of global stupidity.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I can believe this, I saw a study on tv were they put people in a room with a high magnetic field for a few days and every single one of them had very bad nightmares, the people in the study said it felt so real and they couldn’t get the images of the nightmares out of their heads

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
It is absurd not to believe that we are influenced by the forces in our environment, and the sun and its various forms of radiation is one of the biggest.

Unfortunately, personally, I fear that I have sucummed to these wildly erratic forces of late myself. My mental and physical state is not good.

It is one thing to ponder facing the external, physical turmoils that may lie ahead of us in the next couple of years; it is something altogether different to think of facing it without one's full mental capacities.

Even meditation did not help my mental and physical anguish last night. Perhaps more rigor, less caffein, taking better care of everything will do it

God help us, indeed.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by rutters1983
I can believe this, I saw a study on tv were they put people in a room with a high magnetic field for a few days and every single one of them had very bad nightmares, the people in the study said it felt so real and they couldn’t get the images of the nightmares out of their heads

I dont know if this helps, but its interisting:

Behavioral and Neural Effects of High Magnetic Fields
My other major project, in collaboration with Dr. Jim Smith, analyzes the behavioral and neural effects of high strength magnetic fields. This project takes advantage of the unique resources of the National High Magnetic Field Laboratory at FSU.

This project is exciting because we have shown that rodents are possessed of a completely novel sensory ability to detect magnetic fields. Furthermore, our research is of great potential significance to public health and medical practice. Although the magnetic fields of typical clinical MRI machines are only 1-4 Tesla in strength, experimental MRI machines are reaching fields of 9 Tesla and higher. These high strength MRI machines have the advantage of being able to resolve anatomical structures nearly to the level of individual cells. While numerous studies have demonstrated that there is no long-term effect of MRI scans on most of the body, we think it is important to know that some patients may experience nausea and dizziness, and potentially long-term inner ear damage after high field exposure.

Although mammals are not thought to be receptive to static magnetic fields, we have found that magnetic fields of the strength used in experimental high resolution MRI machines (7 Tesla and above) have several dramatic effects on rats and mice:

Feeding and Drinking: When rats were exposed to the magnetic field, ingestion was affected in two ways. If thirsty rats were placed in the magnetic field prior to getting access to a sweet solution, their drinking behavior was suppressed (Houpt et al. in preparation). If the rats were given access to a sweet solution before being placed in the magnetic field, the rats learned a conditioned taste aversion: this suggests that experiencing the magnetic field was aversive and may have induced sickness in the rats (which they attributed to the sweet solution, as if the solution was poisonous.) (Houpt et al. submitted).

Circling Behavior: When rats were removed from the magnetic field and placed in a large open test chamber, they consistently walked in tight circles (as if chasing their tails). There was a specific effect of their orientation in the field on the direction they circled: if the rats were placed in the field facing the north pole of the magnet, they walked in clockwise circles; after facing the south pole of the magnet, they walked in counter-clockwise circles (Snyder et al. 2000, Houpt et al. submitted). This effect is not species specific: mice also circle in the same fashion after being in the magnets (Lockwood et al, submitted). This phenomenon is unexplained: because the rats act as if they have a vestibular problem (e.g., an inner ear infection), we hypothesize that the rats are feeling dizzy after magnetic field exposure.

Activation of the Brain: The behavioral effects above suggest that the magnetic field is activating the vestibular system, affecting the rats’ sense of balance, and perhaps inducing motion sickness. By staining tissue sections of the brain for a protein synthesized whenever electrical activity is increased in a neuron, we have been able to visualize activity in the neurons of the brain. Using this technique, we have found physiological evidence for stimulation of vestibular regions of the rat brainstem (Snyder et al. 2000). Stress centers of the brain, and areas of the brain responsible for taste aversion learning, are also activated by the magnetic field. The strength of the brain activation is proportional to the strength of the magnetic field. This result is significant, because MRI machines are often used to monitor activity of the brain in neurological and psychological tests: if the magnetic field itself can cause brain activation, then a significant confound may be present in these studies.

This project has been funded by an R01 grant from the National Institute of Deafness and Other Communication Disorders, specifically because of the hypothesized effects of magnetic fields on the vestibular apparatus of the inner ear.

Link

And

Magnectic field in Human Life

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

The God loving person is Number One on the list to remain on Earth and help with the current situation. The body's appearance or age means nothing. Your prayers and anchoring of God within that body is everything.

You are, truly, indispensable.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
It's not a vortex of death
We are being pulled into a vortex of stupidity

It's stupidity that makes us stupid

And I thought the earth just really Sucked, but someone commented the earth didn't Suck at all, but Blows.

Oh well.

On topic, I am feeling a bit off this year, not centered, hard to focus and I consider myself a very well grounded person, so yes my gut tells me something is big is transpiring, what it is I am not sure.
edit on 23-3-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Great concept.
I have no doubt that "IQ sink holes" exist - and they probably appear when micro-variations occur in the local magnetic field - and disappear when the disruptions resolve.

Life be mysterious - and finding reasonable explanations does not constitute myth-making. Maybe it should though.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I did hear some one say that there were alot of active volcanos during the past WW's, kinda funny that we have alot of new volcanos now, aint it !

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
in a sense this can be looked at as a religious marker as well,
i mean many cultures worshiped the sun as its own deity so maybe thats what was meant about the whole end of the world cha cha and what not.
the sun interferes with peoples emotions and logic,the less stable the sun,the less stable humanity.
or hell maybe the sun is going to be the key that leads us to the awakening of humanity,cause whether
you like to believe it or not the world is going through changes.
would suck if it blows up though.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I would have to partially disagree based on evidence that we all feel first hand, reality.

Believing that solar forces alter our mood and cause violent action could be partly true for all I know, scientists* and laymen alike seem to think that the full moon affects us in this way. In the end we are all in control of ourselves and the responsibility for our actions lies solely on our shoulders regardless of any outside influence.

So you (and the individuals who you source) could be on to something, but I don't think its an excuse for us all to descend into chaos and anarchy quite yet.

* I don't have any sources, but I'm 99% certain studies have been done on this.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk

Increasein volcanoe acivity, eruptions. The Sun being more active than normal.

Personally I have noticed a difference, when the sun is rising in the mornings, yesterday it looked biblical while I was going for the bus to go to work. The clouds were weird to say the least.

Weither people believe 2012 or not, there is something difenately happening to this planet. I for one believe there is.

2012. Something;s in the offing alright.
Eartquakes in Chile and now Japan. I had predicted both.
IMO, They could have been due to Time/Gravity waves clashing

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
When I used to work midnights as a Police Officer there sure seemed to be a lot more erratic, irrational. violent behavior during the full moon. So I can kind of buy into this. I think mother nature can have great effects on our mind. However this does not excuse all of our behavior. As some one posted before. Stupidity is a major factor that is tearing society a part.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Our own technological advances will end up being our downfall.
Either by it all being wiped by a CME, or warfare technology wiping us.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
I did hear some one say that there were alot of active volcanos during the past WW's, kinda funny that we have alot of new volcanos now, aint it !

This is new to me. I'll do some research on this.

Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join