It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists' research warns humanity may be facing 'vortex of death'

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I might aswell go and get as many credit cards as I can get my hands on and max them all out, buy a # load of deisel for Hilux load up with long life foods and head to the centre of Aus?? too Uluroo and hangs out with the indigenous?? when should I kickstart this plan.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by freestonew

So accoreding to what you are saying how you already have hypo-sensitive senses then once the levels go up and everyone escalates, yours will become in comprehendable (sp?), scarey to think about that huh.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Ancient cultures worshiped the solar bodies thousands of years ago, perhaps they realized these giant objects had some sort of influence on us and we are only getting that knowledge back now?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Humanity only faces calamity because it has refused, utterly , point blank in fact, to work together in all things. There is no one nation, religion, politics, or anything else standing in the way of our species, and its potential except for hate.
By allowing itself to be broken down, by allowing the differences between us, to foreshadow our similarities, this species damns ITSELF. The danger we face is not from mere natural disaster, or some culturaly familiar apocalypse. The folks who believe , for instance that these are the end times predicted by revalations in the bible, are either misreading, or deliberately misrepresenting the bible and its meaning. The true danger we face as a species, is self termination. We are infinitely more likey to hunt ourselves to exctinction, than we are to be taken by the fire and flame of a biblical termination of our existance. Unless we remove that threat, unless we deny those among us who wish the destruction of our ability to love one another, and our capacity to work for the advancement of all mankind, we are doomed.

The solution , to me at least , seems obvious. Those who want a future for our species, beyond the lifespan of our Earth, beyond the lifespan of our sun even, must concentrate our efforts on the advancement of the human race, and lead by way of an example to those closed, foolish , territorial animals who cannot see the big picture. If we prevent hate from diverting us away from our potential, this species could colonise the solar system, and one day escape the grip of our sun all together, on a quest of scientific enlightenment, and exploration. If we allow hatred to rule the entire world, we are assisting our whole species in its suicide.

Cast no accusations at Gods and moons and stars and planets, look not to fossil fuels and banks for a scape goat. Observe mankinds hatred for itself, and everything it does, for your reason for any potential end to this species. To look elsewhere proves an inability to observe reality for what it is.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I could not agree with you more brother. You know there are all types of different opinions and feelings on this forum and in the world and our differences is what makes us each unique, and what makes this world unique.

Instead of focusing on what color,religion,degree, or amount of money a person has, we should focus on taking care of the place that has given us this great journey to travel on in this awesome planet.

Look at the missles used in Libya...

Hundreds of millions of dollars used, that money could have been used in ONE DAY, to help millions that cannot get healthcare or a damn meal.

Foodbanks are running dangerously low, and people here are starving and dying from famine, but will have no problem shelling out millions for missles.

But when it comes to helping the sick and poor, it gets passed by like it means nothing.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by JAGx1981

If the money that the worlds military organisations spend on missiles and research were to be spent on eliminating world hunger, I reckon this planet would be starvation free inside of five years. Name a sector of life on Earth which causes trouble or worry or straight up despair on the part of average citizens of the world, and you could solve thier worries, and the worries of countless millions of people, just by taking money from the fist of death, and planting it at the root of life.
I understand the need for a military, I understand the need to protect things which the people need to survive, but what we have on this planet now goes way ,way, WAY beyond that. We have weapons here that could potentialy crack the skin of the planet, were enough of them to hit the same spot. Thats madness, and protects no one.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Between 1950-1990's America was polluted prior to Hazardous Materials/Waste laws where dioxins, toxins, and even radioactive waste was dumped all over. Ships throwing hundreds of thousands of barrels of waste out to sea. Enough chemical weapons dumped at sea to kill everything on Earth...all rusting thru now.

Our new pollution is EMF pollution. Cellphone towers, radar, microwaves....russian and china have high power microwaves/radar on us to detect missile launches....as we have aimed at them....thousands of satellites in space beaming energy down at us.....

Vortex of Death indeed. Homo Sapiens are NOT an intelligent species. They've been destroying their very own DNA and planet.

We let our very own Federal Government kill us so corporations make money....We are not an intelligent species.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by JAGx1981

Hundreds of millions of dollars used, that money could have been used in ONE DAY, to help millions that cannot get healthcare or a damn meal.

A war is a good place for governments to get rid of unused explosives because after a period of time it has to be dismantled anyhow - much cheaper to use it

When we don't have anyone to shot perhaps we'll stop making them - you can only hope.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by majestictwo

A war is a good place for governments to get rid of unused explosives because after a period of time it has to be dismantled anyhow - much cheaper to use it

When we don't have anyone to shot perhaps we'll stop making them - you can only hope.

That is a horrible justification for war.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by majestictwo

It may well be cheaper to use it, but ultimately it would be cheaper to fight with nothing but a sword and sheild , and you dont see anyone doing that now do you? Besides which, I cannot believe for one moment that anyone is enough of a sour, mentaly decrepit, souless, fecund minded , hollow waste of flesh to actualy think that money is remotely important , when compared with life.
Using the excuse of fiscal responsibility to explain the deaths of countless innocents, and taking money away from people who GENUINELY need it, is somewhat like a thug saying that because he bought a knife, he ought to use it so that the expenditure can be justified. What utter nonsense!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Not sure where to report this - so might as well be here.

Yesterday my birds and dogs were going nuts all day. They calmed down a bit after the two mag 6.0 in Crete and Honshu - but I a) suspect the strength of one or both of those quakes was a lot higher; and b) don't think it's over yet.

Interestingly, NICT has 'revamped' their website, …odd they made it a priority under the circumstances. The site is now showing the magnetic field is normal.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by gatewaywithin

.......it is obvious that there alot of things happening right now from pollution, war, earthquakes, magma rising, solar storms, weather extremes and if you place all those things into one pot it makes for a perfect storm that just intensifies with every little change....its sort like "the butterfly effect" where one small event will increase or change the affects of another.

Here is an article that talks about magnetic fields on the brain that I thought was interesting: www.popsci.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by JAGx1981

So true! It's truly shameful how governments are reluctant to spend money to improve the quality of life, but are only too happy to waste trillions snuffing it out. Sigh!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhioPariah

Originally posted by majestictwo

That is a horrible justification for war.

Horrible but true.

You thought they'd spend thousands at least making weapons, missiles and bombs and then let them go rusty and unused?

It'd be like buying a Ferrari and leaving it in the garage for decades without driving it once.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
hey you guys check your selves, your buying into your own Idealism.....Jeezo look at what you are writing.... USA and USSR build Global distruction of the world....not one of those birds have flown or dropped.....come on snap out of it!!!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Solar Cycle 24 Prediction Updated May 2009

May 8, 2009 -- Solar Cycle 24 Prediction Update The Solar Cycle 24 Prediction Panel has reached a consensus decision on the prediction of the next solar cycle (Cycle 24). First, the panel has agreed that solar minimum occurred in December, 2008. This still qualifies as a prediction since the smoothed sunspot number is only valid through September, 2008. The panel has decided that the next solar cycle will be below average in intensity, with a maximum sunspot number of 90. Given the predicted date of solar minimum and the predicted maximum intensity,Text. Note, this is a consensus opinion, not a unanimous decision. A supermajority of the panel did agree to this prediction.

June 27, 2008 During the annual Space Weather Workshop held in Boulder, CO in May, 2008, the Solar Cycle 24 Prediction Panel released an update to the prediction for the next solar cycle. In short, the update is that the panel has not yet made any changes to the prediction issued in April, 2007. The panel expects solar minimum to occur in March, 2008. The panel expects the solar cycle to reach a peak sunspot number of 140 in October, 2011 or a peak of 90 in August, 2012.

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Frightening for sure but I heard somewhere else we are headed into a photon belt and should be fully centered within it somewhere during 2012. Not certain how any of this will affect us but hopefully one will cancel the other out. Otherwise I have to admit reading here...it doesn't look good.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Having never heard of the "photon belt," I wiki'd it to see if it was what it sounded like it was, i.e. a physical belt made of photons. I guess that is what it is, and I have to say, that's a little bit out there for me to believe right now. That said, vibrating strings are way out there and I have come to accept them as plausible...but even so, a light belt? Wouldn't we see it?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Well, whether it is 'The End' or a 'Great Awakening', either way, it seems if anythign happens (which seems likely), it'll be a good thing. I don't think death is 'The End' rather, and new beginning. So, if you look at it that way, it's a positive new start any way. I highly doubt people die and wake up burning in a furnace because they dated teenagers after 20. Besides, whatever happens, I just want this era to end. I was sick of it when I arrived, and I'm sick of it now. I said in another post that people should glance at my constant mood here. It might give a hint as to why I hate this place so much and claim to 'be inhuman'.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
It's time to make a change

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join