It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chavez says capitalism may have destroyed life on Mars.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez said life probably existed on the Red Planet, but was destroyed by capitalism and imperialism, Spain's state-owned RTVE broadcaster reported. "I've always said that it would not be surprising to find out that a civilization existed on Mars, but capitalism got there and finished the planet off," the Venezuelan leader said in his speech on the occasion of the World Water Day.

source

source

his being called mad,but you know,its more then likely true,im still yet to find a video link for his speech.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Hey Hugo...

I bet that the massive light-consuming black holes were caused by capitalism and imperialism too.

So was the big bang.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
How it can bleed the world and the people dry? Yes, it does make sense, seeing how desolate Mars is. We could be very much heading that way. This topic also reminded me of Pearl Jam's incredible video for Do The Evolution.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Uh, I guess it's... possible...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Well Mars war, capitalisim war could make sense....

edit on 3/23/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Monts

hey you can't knock the man,he tells it like it is..shame more leaders dont speak there minds.lol

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by snapperski

They made a movie Mission to Mars to answer any questions about it. There is more truth to the movie than what this guy is talking about!!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I have heard of a few people travelling to Mars, sounds very imperial and heavily regulated with such small and isolated pockets remaining. It is a shame to hear the SHTF over there. It kind of makes you understand why there is no disclosure when we are still a pack of morons.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by snapperski

NASA says Chavez may have destroyed freedom of speech and independent press in Venezuela

The man needs a long vacation IMO.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I don't get his method of thinking though.

"life may have existed"

"it was probably capitalism that destroyed it"

You can't conclude something that may not exist.

Although I'd love to see proof that it did, you can't just guess how it ended.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Well, of course, it could be that, but there are about a thousand possible alternatives for a planet to go under.

I'm no ardent supporter of capitalism, but to me this just sounds like a cheap shot at an opposing ideology with very little thought put into it.

top topics

join