It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Casualties of War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 01:22 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 01:40 PM
link   
WARNING!!
The link will take you to gruesome pictures of dead people. The graphic pictures have no informational value, they are just gruesome pictures of dead people, including a couple of extremely disturbing pictures of a dead little girl.
While I am tempted to remove the thread, I will only warn you there is no reason to go there. Its only Al-Jazeera propaganda.

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 01:58 PM
link   
they're from the basra air raids lastnight

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Allegedly. And, there is no way of knowing how they were killed, and as the Iraqis are wearing civilian attire, using civilian vehicles and using the white flag to move about the battlefield (this verified by video coverage, not still shots), it cannot be known if the man is a civilian or a soldier.
Again, no informational value, only gruesome shock value.

arc

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 02:14 PM
link   
as TC says - allegedly

and even if they are true depictations of civilians killed by US and UK action - it's a war and sadly civilians will die. It's one thing trying to minimise civilian casualties (as they are trying to do) and another thing not to kill any civilians whatsoever. Both unrealistic and impossible, harsh but true. Seems like the message from Aljazeera is 'its ok for us to massacre our own people in whichever manner we see fit, but you're not allowed to'. Sadly I don't read arabic so I can't comment on any information on this site.

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Civilians, how do you know?? The US soldiers that have been captured were approaching some "civilians" with a white flag, obviously thinking that they were surrendering and then they turned on them. That could be untrue as well, who knows, but you cant just see dead bodies and assume that they are civilians nor can you assume they were killed in this battle.

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 07:01 PM
link   
msnbc.com...
I got similar news from a more toned down source from the link above...I really hope they can capture Sodamn Insane to stand trial for war crimes, including the this recent violation of the Geneva Convention. If *anyone* deserves the punishment of international justice, it's this guy & the regime that continues to support him. The only thing that serves to blunt this bad news for me is that Iraqi troops have been surrendering by the thousands...But it's not much of a blunt.

top topics

join