It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats The Light On A B-2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Look at this any one know what it is ?

This Pic was taken at the royal international air tattoo in 1999 at RAF Fairford in uk

[edit on 22-7-2004 by jupiter1]

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Just normal landing lights, there are also 2 on the nose wheel if you look

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jupiter1

This Pic was taken at the royal international air tattoo in 1999 at RAF Fairford in uk

It is a landing gear light. I helps the pilot land the aircraft with the aid of an on board camera.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
oh ok thanks for telling me i just wernt to sure thats all

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   
It's a light for the bay door....it illuminates the rear wheel area and gear door of the aircraft (that's where the name of the aircraft is painted). If it were a landing light, the nose wheel light would be on........I was stationed at Whiteman AFB for a few years........never recall seeing landing lights on the rear gear. I do remember them re-painting the names on the door to make it look like we accepted a new aircraft, when in reality it would be delivered late......I guess if you plan an arrival you have to go through with it even if it's not really there !!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jupiter1

If you look close, you can see that the nose wheel has a similar light. This means that it is a Landing light. It is used for landing and taxing at night.

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Memory fading again.......ache.......you're completely correct......checkout www.af.mil and go to the photos section....lots of great pics on just about everything there.

top topics

join