posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:17 AM
So this is a very simple tread, I am interested to know what people expect from the alternative media websites they use?
Why do want to know this? also simple, we have many disagreements but also many agreements on this site, many people working together and working
against each other, I'm interested to see if there is a pattern in terms of what you look for and the way you act or react on these sites.
What I am also interested in actual news sites, what I mean by this is that I see ATS as a super forum, a fantastic way for users to share and discuss
news, however it does not directly post its own news posts, an example of a site that does may be Infowars.com which you may be aware has an extremely
mixed bag of views in terms of people believing and liking the site, to people out right hating it and seeing it as nothing more than a money making
Again I am interested to see if what people look for dictates there views both of the site and views expressed on the site.
So here is what i look for:
- A varied range of users (from debunkers, to the straight up tin foil hat wearers) i feel all at times add there own value.
- A easy to use layout (to which i clap at ATS one of the best i have used)
- Follow up (do they post a story and just leave it or do they follow up saying this was proved/disproved.)
- Evidence (On ATS this is down to the user and a lot of the time there is a lot on this site, however take infowars for example, often a story will
be written with views and opinion but based on little to no fact)
- Ethics (I believe that you should follow the rules you expect by others, for example don't moan about the MSM for making stuff up but then do the
No doubt I will think of more and add to this as I use more and more sites. I would like to see this tread almost turn into an idiots guide to the
alternative media and what makes it great, because the alternative media is great!
Thanks for your feedback in advance