It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's in charge? Germans pull forces out of NATO as Libyan coalition falls apart

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Gncnew is right, the whole thing is about someone having to take responsibility for what we all know is going to happen and Obama does not want to be "it". Someone else has to do it because the it would look bad if it where the US. It all comes down to who can take the most heat over the whole thing, and Obama cannot.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrKipling

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by MrKipling

Thank you for spelling out the truth and you're welcome.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm trying to remember. We sent over B-17 bombers and bombed during the day?
The RAF bombed at night?
-------------------------------------------------
About how many American troops were in Europe around March 1945?

I'm English and proud of what my country did in the initial stages of WW2 against all the odds but if it wasn't for help from across the pond we would have almost certainly surrendered or signed a peace treaty.. That's a fact.. Problem is.. How many times do we have to have it shoved in our faces?

B17 bombers arrived AFTER the Battle of Britain and after the commencement of Operation overlord.. British bombers were already pounding German cities in retaliation before you guys finally got your thumbs out your asses and realised if Hitler could sweep across Europe in a couple of years you could be next!!

I'm sorry about taking so long. We were surrounded by isolationists back in 1940.
It took - Pearl Harbor - to wake everyone up.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
By the way, about how many B-17 bombers flew out of Great Briton during the 1940s?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DrCarter

Obama is afraid to send in ground troops in Libya.
What are the chances the UK could send in ground troops?
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I think the mercenaries are just looking for a reason to bug out.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrKipling

Thank you for spelling out the truth and you're welcome.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm trying to remember. We sent over B-17 bombers and bombed during the day?
The RAF bombed at night?
-------------------------------------------------
About how many American troops were in Europe around March 1945?

I'm English and proud of what my country did in the initial stages of WW2 against all the odds but if it wasn't for help from across the pond we would have almost certainly surrendered or signed a peace treaty.. That's a fact.. Problem is.. How many times do we have to have it shoved in our faces?

B17 bombers arrived AFTER the Battle of Britain and after the commencement of Operation overlord.. British bombers were already pounding German cities in retaliation before you guys finally got your thumbs out your asses and realised if Hitler could sweep across Europe in a couple of years you could be next!!

I'm sorry about taking so long. We were surrounded by isolationists back in 1940.
It took - Pearl Harbor - to wake everyone up.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
By the way, about how many B-17 bombers flew out of Great Briton during the 1940s?

I have absolutely no idea.. Does it really make any significance? It's a bit like asking how many destroyers left English shores to annihilate the German Navy.. No significance whatsoever....

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I think we should just send Sergeant Frank Drebin, Detective Lieutenant Police Squad in to sort them all out...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I highly doubt Great Britain would send in ground troops under the British flag.. It would have to be UN mandatory..

Unless you guys go in first then we'll follow like the ever faithful lapdog...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Maybe the French could send in the French Foreign Legion.
The rebels are just too ill-equipped and unorganized.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

I doubt we'll send in ground troops that we know about.. Special forces have already been in don't forget.. Tons of black ops supplying the rebels with weapons and ammunition and most importantly.. An idea..

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Granite
Obama: "Who the hell is Douglas MacArther?"

Complete and utter epic failure, no, actually, that complete transcends any ability of a mortal human being to even so much as utter this almighty new level of fail, so epic that should any mortal gaze upon this level of failure, he would be vaporized.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

They don't have the training or the discipline. This better work.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I agree which is why this is turning into such a cluster f* scenario. No-one is willing to be "that guy".

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
It does make me laugh though (well not really laugh): we go after Gadaffi because he's killing innocent civilians, but then we go and invite the King of Bahrain to the royal wedding

edit on 24/3/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Well, i like the Black Ops idea.
Send the Black Ops guys down here.
31deg - 26'48.20 N / 12deg -55'12.14 E
I think right before Qaddafi gets killed he will tell his son to launch short range missiles
with mustard gas in them at Israel.
Send in the Black Ops and secure the weapon facilities to the south . Then take out Qaddafi.
I think Qaddafis BFF Putin gave him some missiles.

Those blue covers are 72' X 58'. See the U shaped braces to the side?

edit on 24-3-2011 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo
It does make me laugh though (well not really laugh): we go after Gadaffi because he's killing innocent civilians, but then we go and invite the King of Bahrain to the royal wedding

edit on 24/3/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

Nice to see a fellow mickey mouser

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Brainiac

It's not that we don't have the stomach for it. We (Europe) have been fighting wars for centuries before your existence, so we know what goes down. We have come to realise that wars are stupid and pointless and always end in devastation for both sides

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

What is interesting is the recent military treaty/sharing between the UK and France...where one goes so does the other.. which causes lots of sweating on both sides of the Channel on who will back up who or who will stab who in the back..

But historically, when Britain signs a military treaty with either France or Germany major trouble always seems to follow..

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

What can I say, I am a firm believer that if it has to be done, and as again the situation has been forced and has to be finished, do it right. Large scale military operations always end up dragging on with little to no real results. A small strategic action on the proper targets gets results. Love the plan by the way
quick and efficient.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
But if Britain goes in we'll get nil poi at the Eurovision song contest again....

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Quadaffi has been on the Powers That Be $hitlist for sometime now.

Libya is in the top ten in the world in proven Oil reserves.

That's the reason why we are over there.

The US is the Bank of Englands strongmen. They say jump we say how high ?

Remember that the Pound Sterling was the worlds reserve (oil) currency before the US Dollar was.

Oil revenues are what keep the Dollar afloat.

The name of the game is to get as much Middle Eastern Oil on the cheap as possible.

But similar to what we saw in Iraq....and Afghanistan. The Brits send in their military and so do we. But we do most of the work.

The Germans have an Army in which to defend their own borders and people and don't want any more wars. They suffered enough under Hitler.

Under the Nato Agreement it was to defend one another's Nato member's sovereignty of which Libya is not a part of.

This is simply another NWO oil grab as it was in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Obama has no say in the matter. This was all planned long ago. He was given the job as POTUS to follow TPTB's orders. McCain would have done the same. No question.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross

Off-topic, where the heck are the rebels getting tanks, artillery, and helicopters? I though this was a spontaneous uprising just a few weeks ago? How did they arm themselves so well, so quickly?

Same way everyone armed up in the Balkans - capture.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join