It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's in charge? Germans pull forces out of NATO as Libyan coalition falls apart

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
who ever thinks the US "won" ww2 is completely delusional...

How can anyone be so wrong? Wow...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
What's all this chest pumping about who did what in WWII! The British army were without doubt , pound for pound the best in the world ... The u.s certainly helped us (Brit) to defeat the enemy that's for sure !
Unfortunately the british armed forces are not what they once were , the men and women are excellent at what they do but they are not given the tools/kit to do the job. We are too busy retiring battleships and harriers , dusting off old kit and getting soldiers to purchase body armour from the yanks !!! The armed forces should have no expense spared , either have a fighting force or dont!

Please don't shout from the otherside of the pond about how 'superior' you may or may not be , just remember you are yet to have a modern war fought on your soil. Have respect for our ancestors who spent a number of years living their lives under darkness listening to enemy bombers above whilst holding our grandparents tight hoping that bomb doesn't land close.
It's a whole lot easier to fight a war when you know that the only lives lost are those on the battlefield.

Personally there is no other ally that I , as a Brit , would prefer than the U.S .
we share a common goal , culture and say it how it is ...... Unlike the rest of Europe! Could do with the British Isles drifting over the pond ..... swap with Cuba ;-)
edit on 23-3-2011 by ljonesyuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
It amazes me that the US military is supposedly the military force for the NWO; but continually get sucked into the most lamest of countries. I do not believe that the US or any other country could not just take that fool out with 1 bullet. Come on US look who your facing, arabs that have done nothing but kill, hate, fight, torture the own kind for 10,000 years. Is it any wonder why one minute their for freedom(especially if it is thier kind) the next turning tail and call us killers. They dont want peace, they dont have a clue to what it is, heck lately neither does any other country. They only agreed to the UN resolution to get rid of Ghadaffi, when they realized they werent getting their hands on his oil, they pull out. To actively seek peace is a pipe dream in this world.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ljonesyuk

You got that wrong!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mesle123

Care to explain?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Wow........can't believe this has degenerated into a my dicks bigger than yours thread.

The situation in Libya is a mess. Why are we there? What's the goal? What's the end game? Who takes power when Qhadaffi is either killed or deposed? What happens if he retains power AND his military?

Did the UN even consider these questions or did they just see an opening and try to kick a man when he's down?

This military action thoroughly disgusts me, just as our invasion of Iraq did. I was a fan of W prior to that.

The US is in three wars now in the middle east. History should tell us that you CANNOT win in the middle east.

All we are doing is pissing away lives, money and material.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
We need at least ONE Country to make the commitment. Someone has to say "We will stay the course, we will supply soldiers to put boots in the sand."

Either kill Gaddafi and just sit back and watch what happens, or go all in 100% commitment (and I do NOT mean the United States).

WE CANNOT POLICE THE ENTIRE GLOBE! Other countries MUST cowboy/cowgirl up and step up and take an active part in ensuring we have a more stable planet politically.

EUROPE ARE YOU GUYS EVEN TRYING?!?!?!?!?!?!/

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

I was sick in my mouth a little bit reading this drivel.
How can you be a member here since 2005 and think
This has anything to do with the ordinary people

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackcat99
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Your comment about winning WWII has made my day!!

the americans only got involved because they thought they were going to be next

Pear Harbour ?

Lets not bash the yanks, but yeah ridiculous statement to many Hollywood movies no doubt

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by blackcat99

Actually, it ended the great depression. Suddenly, everyone had a job!
Also, the poor Brits were hanging on by their finger nails. - The Battle of Britain -
We had to help them out. - B -17s

And that is what I believe this is truly about....WWIII=draft=More jobs at home while we depopulate the country a bit.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ljonesyuk
Personally there is no other ally that I , as a Brit , would prefer than the U.S .
we share a common goal , culture and say it how it is ...... Unlike the rest of Europe! Could do with the British Isles drifting over the pond ..... swap with Cuba ;-)
edit on 23-3-2011 by ljonesyuk because: (no reason given)

Agreed

We should gather all our Navy & tugboats we can find and drag this country to the Caribbean f**k fighting all these wars for others, lets drag the country out there asap and ignore the rest of the world living the high life in the sun, now wouldn't that be a sight docking of the coast of the US, Hiiiiiii were your new neighbours,

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
It should not matter who takes the lead. Does the coalition need some clarity? Here's some right here.

Do fireman argue over who is going into a burning building? Nope, they pull the hoses, start spraying and go rescue the people inside. It is that simple and if the coalition makes it any more complicated than the humanitarian mission it actually should be, then everyone might as well drop the hell out and go home.

Bickering like little bi***** isn't going to do any one any good. Put on the big boy pants for a minute and gitterdun ffs. Seriously. This should have been over yesterday.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Yea I agree with these thread disentegrating.

1. I don't know why you all are so obsessed with the NWO army. I mean first and foremost if you look at the theory of the NWO then they are basically puppet masters making things happen. They wouldn't need an army they would just the world armies as pawns in there bigger scheme, correct?

2. WW2 - I am not sure what the hell happened here. WW2 was won by the coalition of armies against Italy, Germany, and Japan. If you want to get technical the allies won, not one single nation. Yes the US put an end to the Japanese front, and assisted on the European front. The Russians by far were the victors against Germany. They were in Berlin way before the allied forces and by the time we got there we basically just cleaned up the leftovers.

3. Libya was supposed to be about humanitarian relief to the people of Libya. It was not about assisting the rebels in taking the country over. It wasn't about turning the tables. The bottom line here is that Gaddafi was a lot more prepared and stronger then people gave him credit for. Did the people or the rest of the world really expect a dictator to just hand over the country? He took it by killing off the ruling party. I really have to question logic on this one.

4. The original resolution was to enforce a No-Fly Zone and protect the people of Libya. It had nothing to do with bombing Libyan soldiers, attempting to take out Gaddafi (Good one there Britain nice SNAFU), and I am not even sure if taking out the anti-aircraft is legal under the resolution. A No Fly Zone by definition means that you will not fly bombers, fighters, or any other airborne vessels over the country of Libya. This means if a plane is in the air you can say hey buddy land or we will land you. If Anti-Aircraft attempts to lock onto an allied plane then by all means blow it to hell. The reason why Russia, China, India, Brazil, and The Arab League are pissed off is frankly because the coalition has seriously over-stepped its bounds on what it was there to do. We haven't enforced a No-Fly Zone we assisted/are assisting the rebels in taking over the country by weakening the military strength of Gaddafi's forces.

There was absolutely nothing legal about the enforcement of this No-Fly Zone. All this whole fiasco has shown is that the UK and US are out to change the countries leadership under the guise of humanitarian aid. Furthermore it just shows the lack of leadership from the sitting president of the US. I mean what amazes me the most is that Congress isn't up in arms over this like they were when Bush started the Gulf War.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

ever hear who helped win WW2 much the USA ? Whoever would think Ghaddafi wouldnt slaughter his opposition among Libya is really smoking some good?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Wow no wonder our "leaders" (I shudder to say that) can't agree on who is in charge, we can't even agree on history. The Brits held their own without the US, The Russians took Berlin (with allied support), the French needed help to reclaim France but not only from the US, and the US did defeat the Japanese in a way that should never have happened. I live in the US and have fought for her, but let us put credit where it is due. In the end we all won and then immediately started arguing about it. About the OP without the support of the Germans and no Arab approval, this thing has become as transparent as my grandmothers nightgown (and now another shudder, no wait that is nausea).

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

your crazy have you ever heard the song the "London bridge is falling down"? That song came from the massive bombings that Germany was doing to Britain during WW2 before america intervened. I love the people that say America had nothing to do with winning world war 2 in Europe. If the USA hadn't joined Britain and the rest of the world would be speaking German right now. Granted if America would have waited any longer to join they would have been defeated to but only because of their lack of allies because they had already been defeated.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
It was all a trick to lure the US into another war and leave them holding the bag.They will all retreat and the EU will make peace with Libya and blame the US.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MaryStillToe

Why would that be necessary, the US is not exactly the world's darling at this point.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gutman

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by blackcat99

Actually, it ended the great depression. Suddenly, everyone had a job!
Also, the poor Brits were hanging on by their finger nails. - The Battle of Britain -
We had to help them out. - B -17s

The Battle Of Britain was 10th July – 31st October 1940. Over 12 months before Pearl Harbor and we already had friendly allies helping us out.

From Wiki;

Battle Of Britain

We had pilots from all corners of the world helping us.

Listen i am not here to De-rail this thread but ATS is here for Denying ignorance. Though you Brits and some allies fought bravely the Nazis had pushed you all right out of Europe completely and held most of North Africa.

The U.S. joined in the fight and in the beginning took some loses but quickly adapted and took the fight to win back Europe. Had we not stepped in and helped you all you would be speaking German or Russian. Hitler pushed you out of Europe and backed England to rubble. We defeated Hitler with allied help and Japan pretty much by ourselves.

Hell you guys had a hard time even getting in the city of Basra, Iraq. It wasn't till you asked us to bring in our Tanks to kick the door down to the city did you get in.

I think this move by Germany is childish at best. I have known for along time that they would get out of NATO and set up a catastrophic partnership with Russia. I guess its moving in that direction now. This move to protect the PEOPLE of Libya is the right thing to do but it is not NATO's mandate to protect anyone but each other in the alliance if they are attacked. Germany should have kept their ships right where they had them and said they are not getting involved with this no-fly zone and been done with it.

Instead Merkel is acting like a brat and making Mr.Putin happy. Hell she may even be trying to get her some of that lol.

I think things are going to spin faster and faster out of control to the point were someone is going to want to remove Obama for not doing his job and all hell with erupt.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
If you want to end a regime of a blood-thirsty dictator, power hungry politicos or incompetent boobs, you don't start a war, you send in a sniper. Problem solved, everybody goes home but one.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join