It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's in charge? Germans pull forces out of NATO as Libyan coalition falls apart

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Well, we did win the war in Iraq very quickly.

------------------------
Saddams great Republican Guard was easily defeated. Didn't you see it on CNN?
The Iraqi insurrection dragged on for years but thanks to the surge and the Iraqis helping
us out we won.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

With alot of American and Commonwealth countries help, if one may point that out to you, including polish, french and other europeans,who fled after Germany invaded. So to say it was only russia and the uk who won WW 2 is wrong.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Gutman

You fought the Nazis to a stalemate.
All the B-17s and the Americans inside of them helped you actually "win" the war.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
All those B-17s and that General Patton guy......oh yeah! I guess the Americans were there.
-- Seek the Truth --

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

You did'nt win the Iraq war at all......

thats why your soldiers still there?

You know there will be a backlash when you invade Iran.....now they're more crazy than the Iraqis.

Iran are mostly Shi'ites....

and Iraq's Shi'ites will turn on you

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Britain & Commonwealth Nations = same thing, still British colonies last time I checked

link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I didnt support the war in iraq nor afghanistan, and I do not support the intervention in Lybia. So do not brand everyone in here with the same brush. Thank you very much.

link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The US has never won any war???"
Didn't we win World War II ? I seem to recall a surrender on the Battleship Missouri in Tokyo.
------------------------------------------

Yeah, The US came in while everyone else was worn out.
The US just finished the job.

edit on 23-3-2011 by Toadmund because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

We are worried that the Iranians may take advantage of the situation and cause more trouble if
we pull out completely.
We also have troops in Germany and South Korea.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Not colonies most at independant countries, Whom choose to be members of the comonwealth. Unless i have missed something and we have went back to the colonial british days

As with regards to Germany, if they want to leave NATO then fine leave, Like anyone in the UK cares what they do.
edit on 23-3-2011 by Laurauk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

We could win this in 2 months.

Lol ...this is not a video game

Libya war could last 30 years !! Armed forces minister's extraordinary admission

www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 23-3-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

How dellsional are those whom think this is going to be over quicker than iraq. This is going to turn out to be another iraq. If they donot watch what they are doing. It all about oil nothing more nothing less.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Look at the map.
The entire nation of Libya is not engaged in battle.
It's just the upper left corner.
We can do this.
--------------------------------
I'm not sure Obama will take the decisive step. Time will tell.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

You know which countries are next on the list......

Syria, Lebanon and Iran

Now as soon as your forces are well spread out.....watch Iran pull tricks out of their bag

Every Shi'ite will rise up and if I was Obama I would get all his men and women out of Iraq asap

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

The Americans won WW2?

ahhhhhhhh NO !!!

You took out Japan but Europe's war was won by the Russians and the Brits.

Did you fail your history classes, or just skip them? Let me guess, you're from the UK, right, where the history lessons have been "revised" to allow the UK to save a little face.

When the UK was "on their own", the results were the Dunkirk and Norway debacles.

Then when the UK was out of supplies, the U.S. started the Lend-Lease program to keep them in the war.

Finally, the U.S. turned the whole of the UK into a U.S. military base for the invasion of France. the Russians certainly were a key factor in winning the war, but the UK could not have done much to help without the U.S. and what was then called "the arsenal of democracy". What passes for an education these days ...

link   

Yeah and they could just do what they done to Japnan in WW 2 Nuke them. If they are pushed back to the wall, they will come out fighting.

Then no more Syria, Iran etc ....

link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Countries like Canada, Australia and NZ are not Republics so until they do become a Republic they are still regarded as British colonies.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Look at the map.
The entire nation of Libya is not engaged in battle.
It's just the upper left corner.
We can do this.
--------------------------------
I'm not sure Obama will take the decisive step. Time will tell.

Mate you are on wrong forum ...CNN,MSNBC, FOX are waiting for you ....

link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

... if I was Obama I would get all his men and women out of Iraq asap

But that would take leadership and planning.

Something obama has demonstrated - repeatedly - that he is not capable of.

link   

They are not colonies,they Are independant countries, and members of the Commonwealth, with the queen as a constitutional head of state. Nothing more nothing less.

They could kick her off tommorrow if they decided to. So stop talking out the backend of your shorts.

The Commonwealth of Nations, normally referred to as the Commonwealth and formerly known as the British Commonwealth, is an intergovernmental organisation of fifty-four independent member states. All but two (Mozambique and Rwanda) of these countries were formerly part of the British Empire, out of which it developed.

The member states co-operate within a framework of common values and goals as outlined in the Singapore Declaration.[1] These include the promotion of democracy, human rights, good governance, the rule of law, individual liberty, egalitarianism, free trade, multilateralism and world peace.[2] The Commonwealth is not a political union, but an intergovernmental organisation through which countries with diverse social, political and economic backgrounds are regarded as equal in status.

The Commonwealth
edit on 23-3-2011 by Laurauk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Actually, the USA were supplying both sides of the war and we all know if Pearl Harbour had'nt been hit by the Japs, you would never had got involved.

The Russians and Brits (including the Commonwealth nations) did most of the work

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join