It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's in charge? Germans pull forces out of NATO as Libyan coalition falls apart

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
This is eaxctly what many of us feared with obama failing (once again) to lead.

source

Deep divisions between allied forces currently bombing Libya worsened today as the German military announced it was pulling forces out of NATO over continued disagreement on who will lead the campaign.

A German military spokesman said it was recalling two frigates and AWACS surveillance plane crews from the Mediterranean, after fears they would be drawn into the conflict if NATO takes over control from the U.S.

We are all getting a clearer picture of where this Libyan campaign is headed - and it's not good at all.

If the mission falls apart with Gaddafi still in power then the following will be true:

- Gaddafi will turn and slaughter the people we said we were doing this to protecct.

- Gaddafi will be one pissed off SOB at the west, and will no doubt retaliate with terror attacks and any other way he can.

THIS is what lack of leadership causes.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

I think it was Joe Biden who once said that "Europe can't agree on anything."
It looks like he was right.
Obama may have to go it alone.
----------------------------------------------------
If we went in full force, I think we could win this in about 2 months.
I wonder what Hillary is advising Obama to do now???

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
so let me get this straight.. we are in charge once again? and failing miserably?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
why does germany even have a millitary after ww2?

so much for nato, what will they be good for in a real crisis?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Obama: "Who the hell is Douglas MacArther?"

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jbones
so let me get this straight.. we are in charge once again? and failing miserably?

-------------------------------------------------------------
Well, no. We were always in charge. The coalition was just a public relations stunt.
Qaddafi forces took a pounding in eastern Libya. F-15s/ F-16s
------------------------------------------------------------
If the British would just pound Qaddafi in western Libya this could work.
Destroy his air force - Destroy his navy - Pound his army and mercenaries into surrender
-- Game over --

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

I think it was Joe Biden who once said that "Europe can't agree on anything."
It looks like he was right.

Biden also said that if Obama ever went to war without Congressional approval he would lead the charge to impeach him so lets see where that goes.

This entire thing is a mess. I just keep thinking about those "3am phone call" campaign commercials Hillary ran during 08 and I think she was right and if she decided to seek the nomination in 2012 I may even vote for a Democrat for president for the 1st time in my life

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Oh God no...why did we pull out? We aren´t that spineless,are we?
With everyone accusing and beeing suspicious of each other...this could lead to NATO falling apart over the Lybian issue,dividing even Europe because of France and the UK,who are a little too happy to bomb the # out of Gaddafi...

What the Hell is going on? Lybia isn´t the only one in the ME now facing this Situation

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

With Turkey digging its heels in and the Arab League suspicious, it has been pointed out that Mr Obama has fewer coalition partners in Libya than George Bush did at the start of the Iraq war. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

we were all under the impression we were helping the arab nations deal with this situation,but no arab nations are invovled.

this is one big mess..and its getting out of control,and the propaganda war being wage on TV is convinceing no one this is right.
the whole world is suspicious of this war.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

Qaddafi and Putin must be having a big laugh over the headlines today.

----------------------------------------
All we really need is the British to back us up.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by snapperski
this is one big mess..and its getting out of control,and the propaganda war being wage on TV is convinceing no one this is right.
the whole world is suspicious of this war.

you are absolutely correct !!!
this is 1 big mess.

This is not about civilians.

Power, Greed and Money
instituted by the NWO.

related thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

The US has never won any war and this incursion in to Libya will not take 2 months unless they're prepared to bomb half of the country up in that time.

This should never have happened in the first place although I'm well aware it was planned not long before 9/11....

Those nations on the list to be targeted is as planned: Egypt (?), Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, Lebanon, Iran, Somalia and Sudan....I'm guessing their time frame is up until 2015 or earlier.

The spin they will tell you is to protect the population of the those nations but in fact it's everything to do with the Globalists and preparations for their one world govt. Keep in mind the USA and Europe owes the oil rich nations a whole lot of $$$.....and they can't pay it back because there's no money left in the coffers. hint hint.

Unfortunately, it's too late to pull out of Libya and now they'll have to stick it out regardless of the consequences because the consequences for Europe is now far greater if they were to pull out now.

I've got a feeling not only NATO is in trouble.....but watch the EU closely. If Germany pulls out of NATO, it's just a matter of time they pull out of the EU too. I give that 1-3 years.
edit on 23-3-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Once again, the interests of the Jihad are advanced by the unwitting tools of the Western Powers.

No non-muslim power should ever again do the bidding of muslim powers. Let them clean their own poop.
edit on 23-3-2011 by mike_trivisonno because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Germany Backs More Troops in Afghanistan After Libya Rejection

www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-03-23/germany-backs-more-troops-in-afghanistan-after-libya-rejection.html

German Chancellor Angela Merkel’s Cabinet approved the deployment of more troops to Afghanistan after the government withdrew its Mediterranean forces not participating in the Libya mission.

(...)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

IF Ghaddafi were to stay in power, I can almost guarantee you he won't turn on his people....he will UNITE them for one purpose and one purpose only......EUROPE!

The British know it, the French know it. They don't have no choice now.....they're going to have to take Ghaddafi and his family out and they're going to have to do it real fast. Ghaddafi not only has most of North Africa on his side.....he has ALL of Africa on his side (except the south).

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
What is truly awful about all this is how helpless we the people are to do anything about it. We can express our outrage until our fingers wear out our keyboards but goverments dont care.The people we elect plunge us into whatever folly takes their fancy and use words like Humanitarian, innocent civilians, bloodthirsty tyrant and democracy to bamboozle us into quiescence.
Democracy means whatever they want it to mean. Meanwhile the people who have plunged us into a conflict with no notion of the duration, cost or outcome make an inordinate fuss about a golly, while, at the same time, raining down hundreds of tons of high explosive on anyone who happens to be in the target zone.Such a ferocious disparity in values is truly astonishing and yet we are expected to swallow this perfidy whole.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

The US has never won any war and this incursion in to Libya will not take 2 months unless they're prepared to bomb half of the country up in that time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The US has never won any war???"
Didn't we win World War II ? I seem to recall a surrender on the Battleship Missouri in Tokyo.
------------------------------------------
If you look at the entire country, all the action is taking place in less than 10% of Libya.
The USA and the British could end this in 2 months.

edit on Wed Mar 23 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: quote only what is needed to make your point Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jjjtir

Because Germany knows better than to get involved with Libya and a million North African jihad joes!

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

The Americans won WW2?

ahhhhhhhh NO !!!

You took out Japan but Europe's war was won by the Russians and the Brits.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
This should NOT be a NATO led operation, in the same way as the Afghanistan operations should not be NATO led.
It is outside of NATO's remit to have any involvement in such actions, or has it's role now changed to an offensive stance, attacking anyone, even if no NATO member states have been attacked in any way?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join