It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats with all the TROLLING!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Ok i am still kinda new here. Dont let my registration date of 2008 confuse you. Its a mistake. (unless i subconsciously made it long time ago? Still unsure about that) As i am still new i seem to notice a whole bunch of Trolling here. People put alot of time in their post's just to have people come and bash them. I dont know, but i think their should be some kind of rule against that. where if you break that rule too many times there should be a repercussion. ie: point deduction or somthing? There is a different between constructive criticism and just plain bashing. and they are pretty easy to notice.Ok trollers bash away....

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I think most of the people doing the trolling took a leaf out of 4chan's book.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
We should be chumming, rather than trolling.
But everyone has to be right, now don't they?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
In my opinion, 'trolling' is more like an effect, a state of mind, therefore you cannot point someone as a troll(er) or as a serious poster. It is just a mood, just like when you wake up happy one day and sad the other day. Let's take myself as an example: today, right now, I very much feel like trolling and taking nothing seriously, but it doesn't mean I really don't and doesn't mean I never contributed to the forum in a serious manner...

So, my point is: let the trollers troll, laugh with/at them and just keep doing whatever you wanna do, they trolling or not trolling won't change the seriousness of any post or matter in any discussion anyway.

And welcome to ATS. o/

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
For the most part, what I see is that a lot of people are just not versed in the art of proper and formal debate. They don't understand that you don't have to be lethal enemies to disagree on a topic. Then again, there are others who do NOT put in the time it takes for a bit of research into making a proper thread and get "bent" when those who HAVE done the research call them on their mistakes.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Just ignore them!

Certainly don't feed them!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
im just saying that trolling should be banned with consequences. I dont think i have been Trolled much.(well maybe a few times in my Zombie thread lol) I just think when someone tries hard to start a thread just to have people pick it apart is not good. So now that person doesnt want to start another thread even if he comes across something really interesting that should be here as a thread

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
You will get use to it..The longer you are on the boards, you start to learn to ignore it.. It does get annoying after awhile but it slows down if you ignore them..

If you see something that looks out of place or "not right" with someones behavior just click the alert button.. And a member of the staff will take care of the situation before it escalates..

Just remember they want you to attack them back..It is just a fun game to them.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
What are you on about.
There isn't any trolls.
Wheres all your evidence?
Do you have any links?
What are your source's that made you come to this preposterous conclusion.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I'm fairly new as well and I can certainly spot a troll fairly easily. I absolutely love a good debate and I accept that many people have different views/opinions and that is great. What is not great, is that there are a few people I have noticed on here that do NOT have anything to contribute to a post, but always post something that is just mean spirited. If you look, you will notice them and it does seem that the Mods remove their posts about half the time.
I will argue my point all day long, but if you don't agree with me, I'm not going to call you an ignorant a**! Heck, I may even learn something from you.
Just agree to disagree!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jaycen420

I don't think them picking it apart is a bad thing, if it is done constructively. If they are calling you a moron for posting/believing your opinion, that is wrong.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by meathed
What are you on about.
There isn't any trolls.
Wheres all your evidence?
Do you have any links?
What are your source's that made you come to this preposterous conclusion.

HAHA!! Nice one

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I have a reverse trolling story to tell you sometime soon.
I was banned somewhere, But was not a troll.
It's a bit interesting but it will have to wait a bit before i can talk about in detail. (
(It's a temporarty ban.)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jaycen420

Trolling is how people communicate now. Its what the Media & politicians have taught the kids, (and adults) and now its starting to show. (think of any "debate" you've seen over the last few years)

Just watch ANY news channel or FOX "News" for 30 seconds. Professional trolls and everybody falls for it, EVERYTIME.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
I have a reverse trolling story to tell you sometime soon.
I was banned somewhere, But was not a troll.
It's a bit interesting but it will have to wait a bit before i can talk about in detail. (
(It's a temporarty ban.)

Sounds interesting, will be waiting

top topics

join