Libya No-Fly Zone Could Cost Coalition Over $1 Billion If Operation Continues For Months

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Libya No-Fly Zone Could Cost Coalition Over $1 Billion If Operation Continues For Months

www.huffingtonpost.com

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The no-fly zone over Libya could end up costing the Western coalition more than $1 billion if the operation drags on more than a couple of months, defense analysts say.

Zack Cooper, a senior analyst at the Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments, said the initial cost of eliminating Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi's air defenses was likely to be between $400 million and $800 million.

The expense of patrolling the no-fly zone once it is established is likely to be $30 million to $100 million a week, he said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I knew the cost of this was way higher than the news media was saying. I have posted a few times in the other threads showing the cost of tomahawk cruise missles $569,000.00 a piece at 2007 costs and we have launched a more than 200 of those so far.

So with the cost so high on a country so broke it has to take away from the poor in every bill signed lately, how long can we keep being the world police or how much closer do we want to be to becomeing Nazi Germany war machine. Oh we even have prisoners building our bombs inn prison for defense contractors to keep the cost down for our war machine now. Obama just played sales man for the defence department trying to sell fighter jets to Brazil. The Nobel Peace Prize fighter jet sales man?

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Meanwhile in the UK we are making massive cuts, with thousands of people losing their jobs, not enough money to keep pensioners warm in the winter, but enough to fund a military operation in Libya, funny how we can always find the money for these military escapades. Why do we even have to be involved in this? why cant we just be a small fry nation like Denmark or Sweden and keep our noses out of others business, but no we have to lead the way and demand military action that we dont have the ability to perform without dragging in other nations.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Don't worry they'll find a way to keep us in there longer, spending and spending until the amount of debt doesn't even matter anymore.

Don't worry though, we'll have a new currency by then.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

The coalition is falling apart.
Qaddafi is laughing at all of us.
If this doesn't work out, Obamas approval numbers will fall further down.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
A true fiasco for the west if this gets any looser than it already is.
The thing that gets me is that if i can figure this out before they even think to move a ship, why the hell cant they?
They can approve of the military action, then get penuriously suprised at the costs right after intitiating it?
Gad! What do our leerless feeders use for brains?
This is gonna top a billion so fast itll make yer head swim.
But itll wear out the western allies US made jets too, and soon lockheed or martin will have to sell them new ones.
Its all relative i guess, the rich and powerful take care of their relatives, and we get by relatively poorly as a rule.
Its all getting so transparent that its hardley worth passing comment unless one is willing to actually do something about it.
And what that may be beats me.....

new topics
top topics

join