It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Hear a Loud Rumbling Sound....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
As I lay in bed, I hear a powerful roar...

Ah, it is my old friend the Ocean.

It is churning and turning, slightly stormy.

To me, it is a beautiful sound, powerful yet soothing.

The Ocean is a magnificent being, and it deserves massive amounts of respect.

I was with my family the other day, and we went down to the beach.

When we got there, my neice said, "Hi Ocean!" As if it were a living entity. Which it of course is.

I feel it too. Something about gazing into the vastness of the ocean, and listening to it, feeling it, smelling it, tasting it... It takes me back to my roots. I can only imagine how many of my ancestors before me did the same thing...Stand in the prescence of the mighty Ocean.

The ebb and flow, the stormy times and the calm times; so many parallels to our own lives.

Oh dear Ocean, I am sorry the human race pollutes and hurts you... Maybe we will learn someday...

In the meantime, please accept my love and prayers for you. You hold a very special place in my heart.

Aloha,

SolarE

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

I heard one this morning too, it woke up from a deep sleep & immediately I knew it was something out of the ordinary. Turns out I was right, it was the garbage truck at 5am, when in fact they usually pass much later in the day.

I really did think about that rumble thing when I woke up though. I need to spend a little less time on ATS.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

I heard a rumbling sound as well.
Ima go get something for breakfast.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
The Hidden Messages In Water

If you get a chance, check out this book sometime - coincidentally it was written by the Japanese author, Masaru Emoto back in 1999, perhaps he's just ahead of his time.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Explanation: S&F!

Praise Poseidon!

Personal Disclosure: Nice one Neptune!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

I too love the ocean,I grew up near lakes and when I was old enough I left to live near the ocean,and have been there since.When I get to much of life stresses I go to the beach and automatically go into a meditative state,there's just something about the rhythm of the waves that lulls me to sleep.I did move to a state that was land-locked and didn't know what to do with myself I actually felt claustraphobic the whole time couldn't take it and had to move within a year,back to the beach!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

About the meditational benefits:

I cannot count the number of times that I have gone to the beach and seen people relaxing and sitting down in front of the ocean in a meditative state.

It is one of those things we can all enjoy. I love it. The Ocean connects us.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

To everyone that heard something....where's your proof?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

I heard a rumbling sound as well.
Ima go get something for breakfast.

Yeah I could go for some lunch right about now. So far thats the only rumbling I felt all week.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I agree that the ocean is living. I do see it that way too. I have always loved the ocean and whenever I am near it, I feel like it is calling to me. I feel kinda connected to it for some reason. I have many seashells and driftwood and ocean themed stuff around my house. I wish I could live on it, like in a boat. Never on the land. I know it's dangerous, but I also feel like I want to be with the ocean as much as possible for some reason. Anyway, nice post Solare.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
[ian]reply to post by Ellie Sagan

I feel that, too, but also about rivers and lakes. I'm lucky here in Bristol because we have the sea and some lakes very close by. We also have a big harbour and I know a few people with boats. I also know one guy who lives on a
long boat. Spends his days going up and down the rivers. Wish I could afford one!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Water in general is my second home every time I get the chance to sit by a body of water it feels as if I am energized and comfortable. I liken it to remembering something from when I was a baby, like being in a mothers womb with no cares in the world only peace. But I haven't heard any rumblings or anything like that.

new topics

top topics

join