It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You know, I hope we have WW3. Might teach humanity a final lesson

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

these pukes make me sick... they spout off bout how they want humanity to be taught a lesson... and ww3 would start... they would be running and hiding once the first shot was fired... i see what you mean... but to wish for that kinda thing upon humanity really makes m think you are kinda sick in the head..just a little.

How many people died in World War 1 overall?
Approximately 39 million military casualties. This number is highly disputed with most scholars using higher figures. This does not include civilian deaths which would about double this number....

World War 2
Estimates range from about 50-70 million killed in World War 2. The Wikipedia article "World War II Casualties" favours the relatively high figure of 72 million. Of these, 61 million were on the Allied side and 11 million were on the Axis side. The article gives a figure of 23 million dead for the Soviet Union and 20 million for China. These figures of course include civilian dead. (Note that the figure for China was recently revised sharply upwards from earlier estimates of about 11 million).

wiki.answers.com...
wiki.answers.com...

edit on 23-3-2011 by gloomyblue707 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Can the united states even handle another world war in it's weak state?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dc2009

the real question is... can the world hand another world war?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Here is your War - It's already started -

www.davidicke.com...

15 min Video

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Originally posted by grizzle2

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranzeWhy am I saying this?

[ Because you don't care about babies and children dying by all manner of tortuous, lingering means, en masse? The word "monster" comes to mind.

Tell that to the US Government for killing hundreds of thousands of innocent women and children during the invasion of Vietnam, Iraq and possibly Libya.
Tell that to the Israelis for killing innocent Palestinians by brutal barbaric chemical bombs.

Oh I forgot, they get an excuse for doing so. My apologies... ]

This should be a sobering reminder why we should not have wars. Isn't that obvious?
And to the OP I would suggest that it is you who has not learned from past mistakes, like the devastating, horrifically violent wars of our past. Wars are not the answer my friend. You sound very angry and I understand as many of your points are valid. And yes, it is frustrating, the state of our world. My words here will have no affect on what ultimately happens in this world, but war is a horror that I would wish on no one. Have you no children? I could be wrong but I would guess NO. Cause when you have children you begin to have a whole new understanding and deep appreciation for life. LIFE. War is nothing more than unnecessary death. And the large majority are innocents just like you and me, just trying our best to make it in this world. Go ahead and vent. Release your frustration and anger, but know that that is all it is. It's not an answer.

edit on 23-3-2011 by Corbin Dalus because: Original quote reference

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by gloomyblue707

I'm gonna try to keep my reply to you short.

No.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
The sad thing is people love to hate and pic a fight.
if there where no big wars.
they would have little battles with the next villedge.
I have read about the scots and others.
they uset to all ways fight with the next tribe.
but if england attackt them.
they All come to gether and fight them.
when its all over.
they go back to fighting each other.
have you seen the drunken fights in citys?
it is a part of humans.
we need to evolve. ?.
look at the hate between football teams?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

A final lesson? What would that lesson be? How to wipe ourselves off the face of the earth?

We already know how... Let's hope we don't have to learn that lesson

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Like we learned it in one and two right?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze

Originally posted by grizzle2

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranzeWhy am I saying this?

Because you don't care about babies and children dying by all manner of tortuous, lingering means, en masse? The word "monster" comes to mind.

Tell that to the US Government for killing hundreds of thousands of innocent women and children during the invasion of Vietnam, Iraq and possibly Libya.
Tell that to the Israelis for killing innocent Palestinians by brutal barbaric chemical bombs.

Oh I forgot, they get an excuse for doing so. My apologies...
edit on 23-3-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: nrg

yada yadda:
Ever heard of a dude called :" Pol Pot"?

The History Place - Genocide in the 20th Century

Pol Pot in Cambodia 1975-1979 2,000,000 Deaths

An attempt by Khmer Rouge leader Pol Pot to form a Communist peasant farming society resulted in the deaths of 25 percent of the country's population from starvation, overwork and executions.

www.historyplace.com...

I know its fashionably cool to hate on America now but but pick a few collectivists at random and see who the real evil bastards are .
:
edit on 23-3-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
The is an Native saying, it goes something like..... When you have a school of fish moving in one direction, it only takes a small group of them to turn in the opposite direction and the rest will follow.

So, I sincerely hope there is not a WWIII....but I get what you mean by us needing a big slap in the face

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Everybody just wants off of the merry-go-round, that's all. And we all know that as things stand there is no getting off. You can't just go live in the woods. Is it God's woods? Nah somebody "owns" it, they can show you the papers. It is illegal even to be poor. You need to show proof or residence, drivers license, etc. You are forced into the lemming run by lash and chain and since the world gets worse by the day and not better you cannot even hide in your own intellect. Here we are, eyes held wide open, staring at things that we know in our heart to be very very wrong and we have to call it good and just or suffer the consequences. And now the thought police run about throwing fear around every chance they get. You say there is something wrong in Kansas and the thought police will call you a terrorist.

Let's call a spade a spade for once and not hide behind happy happy pink fuzzy bunny thoughts. I for one vote for the shiny glaze of glass over every overly proud and burden drenching nation. Let's do this dance and get it over with shall we? Every place I look I see people so self interested that they value every electronic gadget, new car, nice vacation, clothes, etc more than they do their fellow man. This is not every person, but it is by far the majority and growing.

Let's roll and test the quality of every soul. Let's find out what each person is really about. I think everybody will be surprised of who they really are.
edit on 23-3-2011 by Apollumi because: fudged up grammar.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Not being totally naive to your grievances, but the world has always been a corrupt, greedy and evil place. But not completely. At the end of the day, I can say that I enjoy the company of my friends, my neighbors and my family. I could not wish harm upon them. Yes evil is everywhere, but there are good people everywhere if you find them. I know I can't change anything, but at least by being involved in my community, maybe I can make a small difference in someone's life and maybe they can do the same and it will sort of work like a ripple effect.

There has never been complete justice in my lifetime or in anyone else's. Life is unfair, so just deal with it and make the best of it. It's a better alternative than wishing death to everybody on this planet.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Listen, we all need a good rant now and then. Just like sex. We all need to be screwed once in a while too. Personally I'll sit WW3 out. I'll stay home with my wife and we'll pop radioactive rabbits and other varmints until we start glowing in the dark and then we'll be saving big on our electric bill at least.

# this #....

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
sigh....

War is no fun for everyone involved, and it is the ultimate evil placed upon us by other humans. Yet it is simply a throw of history repeating itself. Theres what 7 bilion people now?....time to cull the herd ya say?

Thou shalt not speak of killing of women and children and the destructive forces ya say?

Human arrogance I say. In reality we dont matter, and mother earth doesn't mind. We are truly small and insignificant as a species in the greater theme of things. Its not how we die friends, its how we choose to live that defines us.

This world will destroy itself, with or without our help this will come to pass. Nobody wants to die, but it is a necessary truth that we must all face...sooner or later.

When you die.....your not really dead.....you just exsist on another plane of being...kinda like graduating highschool and moving out of the basement. So it can't be all bad.....but i digress, for once i would like to see no more rich people, no more poor people, everybody is on the same level playing field.

This i'll defend...
edit on 23-3-2011 by Castogere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
But if we have not learned from past mistakes and wars, why would this be any different?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Why wish for a war that would kill (probably) millions of people just becauseYOU are miserable? If YOU are so tired of it all, then rectify YOUR situation. There are several options available to you that can help you on that journey.

Don't offer up my family and other's families for a "final lesson" simply because you think they need it.

The world is in dire straits as is a lot of humanity. However, there are a lot of us left who try to make things better, whether it is teaching our children better ways, giving a hand to those in need, or even just taking a moment to express a kindness to a stranger.

You are hoping for a devastation that none of us could imagine in our wildest dreams. Wishing for something that evil to punish all living beings is the type of thing you are expressing hate against in your OP IMO. You can't rail against how sick humanity is, then pray for it's extinction.

I still see a lot of good, and feel bad because it seems that you can not. While mankind has the ability to do some of the most vile, disgusting, and evil. acts.. They also have the ability for amazing compassion, empathy, and a selflessness that still amazes me at times. It can ruin your faith in people if you just focus on the negative. There are plenty of positives left. They just don't get as much media coverage.
edit on 3/24/2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
The world is going to pot because too many people to be able to focus on quality human beings. I'm speaking generally about humanity, not a person's particular perspective on his views of the world.

All of the intellectual posturing goes out the window when people are too burdened, too hungry, too desperate. Go to google and use the satellite view. Tell me how much of the flat land is being farmed (that can be farmed)? How much of the land that isn't farmed and is hilly is being cleared of trees? Where did all these damn people come from? Look up population vs energy sources and you'll see. It was oil. What are we using up and have passed the peak on?

Do you know what will have to happen when you can't run tractors and put fertilizers into a ground that has been used up over the years and wouldn't grow squat without petrol based fertilizers? Our government knows and they are trying hard to secure the last bits of it for themselves through made up wars. But you know what? Other nations want that oil also. A fight is coming, biggest one ever with weapons never used previously. And it's all about survival and preservation of self. If people worried about preserving their brother instead of themselves we would have never went down the wrong path.

I think WWIII is coming, sooner than later I think because everything points to this. You are seeing over the top efforts to secure that oil. But it will get worse and this can happen very quickly. And I say "let it". It's time from the phoenix process. Time to hit the reset switch. Time for humanity to consider itself.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Wow ! Ok i tell you what ! you hold the bomb and i'll be thousands away with a trigger, so hows that?? wanna be buddies :-)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

I agree with most of what you said except for a world war 3 if you don't like what these people do don't sink to their level. Humanity does need to wake up but a world war would only set us back and it would contradict most of what you said. When people say they have "woken up" and then wish a world war on everyone it gives me less hope than ignorant people. You should know better and I know you do because you apologised at the end. I know you had a bad view of the day (i don't like saying bad day because its really only based on the way you look at it) but try not to be as selfish as these ignorant and elite people are. We aren't all going to wake up overnight (as far as I know) but the fact that you and I and many others see these problems with society gives us the opportunity to do something about it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join