It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama unapologetic over US support of Pinochet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Obama unapologetic over US support of Pinochet

rt.com

Obama back stepped from a question by a Chilean radio reporter that asked if he would be willing to apologize for US involvement and support of Pinochet. The US President merely indicated the actions during the 1970’s may have been unwise, but said little beyond that.
“I think it’s very important for all of us to know our history,” he said. “And obviously the history of relations between the United States and Latin America have at times been extremely rocky and have at times been difficult. I think it’s important, though, for us, even as we understand our history and gain clarity
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
DISCLAMER: This story is coming in from Russia Today, so it is important to understand the bias.

This is just another instance, of how the U.S is willing to support a Dictator as long as it dosen't conflict it's national interests. Why dosen't Obama just admit America's dirty doings in all of Latin America past and present. Well, that question is obviously rhetorical, admiting such a thing would be against U.S national interests. I fail to see the "hope" and "change" Obama has brought with him, in this instance.

“I can’t speak to all of the policies of the past. I can speak certainly to the policies of the present and the future,” he added. “I think that what is important is looking at what our policies are today, and what my administration intends to do in cooperating with the region.”

This next bit is laughable

“I think that the United States has been an enormous force for good in the world,” Obama commented.

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 23-3-2011 by SpeachM1litant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I don't understand how people can still take his word for gold, so far he hasn't done a single thing he said he would and it's quite evident that he never intended to in the first place.

Just another puppet playing loyal to his masters.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

Doesn't matter,no one in this lame country will do a thing. Buncha sheep live in America..

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Nebulous1973

Wanna bet?
Speak for yourself.
Things are heating up and people are waking up.

top topics

join