It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mankind and solar system a test program?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalbeck

www.nasa.gov...

When I read it it came into my mind something similar, about the Solar system
as a cocoon or a living organism or both of them.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Dalbeck

Good points there. There is a saying that the universe is stranger than we think

Yes..What if the universe isn't what we think it is and works entirely different? We could very well be a result of some messing up. Is that why ufos just hover and dont actually make contact? It makes sense. \

But I have a gut feeling that one day we all are gonna look like fools. Whatever we do and think is not at all significant and doesn't mean a thing

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
How long can be the longest way of a reflection in the universe.
They say we have obligatory common grounds with them. Hence
even your naysaying has its sense.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I have always thought it is intriging that we have these kind of thoughts in the first place, considering we are essentially animals, how come other 'animal' species are just concerned with living, eating and breeding, while we are here asking questions like this....

Also re the grease analogy, there was a good quote in Babylon 5 which goes along the same lines, it says what does an ant see when it looks up at a human - it doesn't understand so it sees nothing. Compare that to a human looking up at an alien/or the universe around us

edit on 24-3-2011 by blackcat99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackcat99
I have always thought it is intriging that we have these kind of thoughts in the first place, considering we are essentially animals, how come other 'animal' species are just concerned with living, eating and breeding, while we are here asking questions like this....

I think about this often.

Originally posted by blackcat99
Also re the grease analogy, there was a good quote in Babylon 5 which goes along the same lines, it says what does an ant see when it looks up at a human - it doesn't understand so it sees nothing. Compare that to a human looking up at an alien/or the universe around us

I dunno about this statement. I encounter things daily that I don't understand at all, but I still see them.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by blackcat99

Don’t be so disparaging to the ants:

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

They know and can do something that we don’t.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Nice topic. Keep in mind how suspicious our Moon is--always one side facing away from us. That doesn't seem very likely to happen on random chance. During operation Clementine when they photographed the back side of the Moon they took 1.8 million photographs and classified 1.6 million of them. This event makes many wonder 'what's so classified about the other side of the moon?' & the images they did release were edited.

Also in one of the ancient Vedic texts the 'gods', before they left, actually said 'we will go now and observe your people similarly to how you observe animals in a zoo.' I should also mention, to any that are unaware, that the Vedas have many anachronistic statements in them (e.g. Vimanas--anti gravity craft controlled with telepathy & even depictions of atomic weaponry being used on primitive people--with physical evidence too www.bibliotecapleyades.net...).

Good topic, keep expanding your mind & stay humble.

Here's a little article on Clementine for you paranormal.about.com...
edit on 25-3-2011 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MasonicFantom

Actually I watched a documentary on Sunday (Wonder of the Universe for anyone interested) that explained how the moon rotates at the same speed as the Earth. It is to do with the tidal deformations caused by the Earth's gravity. If you can get iPlayer I recommend it

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MasonicFantom

As Griffo replied above, the reason the Moon always shows one face to the Earth is NOT a mystery, and is in fact a well-understood and normal effect of orbital mechanics called tidal locking.

It all has to do with the size of a body relative to how close it orbits its parent body. The closer a moon is to its parent, the more likely it is that it would be tidally locked.

There are more than 30 moons in the solar system that do this. Jupiter has 8 moons that are like this, including its four famous "Galilean Moons" (Io, Europa, Ganymede, and Callisto). Saturn has 15 moons that act this way, including Titan and Enceladus. Uranus and Mars have moons like this. Pluto and its moon Charon BOTH always keep one face toward each other. There are exoplanets around other stars that seemingly keep only one face toward its star at all times.

All of these bodies, just like our Moon, rotate only once per revolution around its parent. It is completely normal.

edit on 3/25/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join