It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mankind and solar system a test program?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Hi ATSers

So I wanted to start a discussion I couldn't find here on ATS anywhere. I had this "idea" already in mind for some years and my physics teacher way back in school something like 10 years ago kind of started the ball rolling for the thought I developed.

He rhetorically asked us pupils to wonder about the "perfect" constellations of planets and moons (and distance to the sun etc) and if all of these objects were shere coincidence.

There is the talk among Alien and UFO believers "what if mankind is just an (DNA) experiment started by aliens" and I want to extend that idea (it may sound crazy but just for a moment have an open mind please ;-) ):

What if all of our planets and other objects in our solar system were created for us to "learn from" (and of course to create perfect conditions for life on one of these objects in the first place). All of the planets seem to work like a clock mechanism and it seems every planet has a "function" in this clockwork we live in (I think this idea was even presented in a BBC documentary some time ago on German television: Jupiter for instance as the biggest of our planets is like a huge vacuum cleaner and saved the Earth not just one time in history from a disaster as it was suggested in the documentary).

So all of our planets may be a (kind of) playground for us humans to learn about all the things we need to know to travel among the stars one day. Maybe one day we'll find out how to harvest or to mine certain raw material on planet Venus or how to get some fresh water off the Enceladus moon (Saturn). If we reach this stage and don't destroy life on earth before (remember Hawking's postulated critial life duration for a civilization for "surviving itself" ?) we are ready to go to other worlds.

Yeah I know this thread is very crazy but I just wanted to throw in some discussion points.

-Steve
edit on 23/3/11 by Dalbeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Certainly seems logical, if a Civ has got the technology to move planets and suns, and maybe even galaxies, then anything is possible. Would be like having a Zoo on earth, where humans keep animals, and the solar system or even just this planet being our zoo, put here by who knows.

Just a thought!

Or what if we are all inside a 'matrix' like in the film, all this would be pointless.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalbeck

Thats interesting..now explain to me what purpose do all the other Trillions of planets out there serve?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Yes, I would agree. I've held the view for a long time that it's odd we have so many vibrant planets, yet the one right next to us (Mars) is a baron, almost habitable desert. It's almost like "sandbox" mode, waiting for human's to do something with it, and as you suggest - learn from it (and all the other wonders out there).

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I guess it is possible. I have wondered myself if we are not some kind of toy to those aliens created by them to be played... That could explain Mankind's awfull nature and the fact that everything allways seems to be going to s#it...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalbeck

Great thread, certainly gives you something to think about. We could all just be a game of 'The Sims'

He rhetorically asked us pupils to wonder about the "perfect" constellations of planets and moons (and distance to the sun etc) and if all of these objects were shere coincidence.

I think the constellations are perfect, only because we are used to them and have had 1,000s of years to give them a name and shape. With regards to our planet being the right distance, I think it is just a coincidence. If it wasn't we wouldn't be here to talk about it, and think of how many other planets that life could have arisen on, but didn't because of the distance.

If this is true, I wonder what it would be like to meet our 'creators', if it would be possible.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalbeck

I wanna add something to what you talked about in your OP and i may be wrong, it's really only a vague thoery i have had so far....

You remember the remake of War of the Worlds yes??

In the end the invaders were beaten by virus's etc. Being human we have evolved and our immune systems have learnt to deal with such threats to our body.

So then what would an advanced species do before colonizing a strange and unknown planet... study it and make sure that by the time they were ready to colonize, they were prepared.

So then depending on your beleifs about Aliens etc, what if after technological advances, time was not an issue for them?

I mean time travel...

So perhaps a couple months or even only weeks of exploration for them is thousands of years for us. They seed us here to evolvle and adapt to the planet. Science finds cures and vaccines for viruses, studies the planet in better detail.

By the time this advanced race is ready to colonize, we have done all the hard work for them...

So yes we may be an experiment

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalbeck

I only wish I could be around to see us mature enough as a species to begin exploring the universe, I think if we can as you eloquently put it "survive ourselves" we'll get there one day. This will sound like a cliche but, a person is smart unfortunatel though "people" are not. Anyway, just imagine for a moment the things we could achieve if we all banded together.

Thanks for posting that's an interesting theory

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Maybe we are some super-advanced, long-living alien's high school science project. Who knows?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Thank you guys for your input and kind answers so far!

@GDR3K: A great thought! It's really strange thinking about if we really are kept under observation like animals in a zoo!!

@Nobama: Yes I know where you're coming from and of course your question is appreciated and I took it also into consideration already! Ya....maybe all of the endless possibilities of constellations are just coincidence (or maybe not, that's why I started thsi thread
) !

@markymint: Yes you got exactly my point
Mars seems like to be the task "terra forming" for us humans and so on you name it.

@godaiSan: Yeah, just to think about it, it's crazy, isn't it!!

@Griffo: Thanks for you interesting input, it's really a view I didn't look at before ("because we are used to it")! We tend to lose the view for many things anyway and take things for granted.

@Havick007: Whatta great theory, thanks for your input! I just hope "they" don't carry a virus with them so it would be the other way around as in War of the Worlds if they decide to show up some day! :-o

@Titor: Yeah I often wish to live long enough to (at least) see humans stepping on the Mars for example
(not to mention which great inventions in space travel will evolve in the future...who knows for sure).

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TheFlash

I don't hope so
But on the other hand, it's not that bad to live, soooo....

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalbeck

I sometimes wonder if pets or zoo animals ever ask themselves what purpose there is to their life? Maybe pets and zoo animals think they're royalty or special or something? I have no idea.

Some people think pets and zoo animals just want to escape and live free. I think this is not always the case. But if you could ask a bird that is inside a cage 24 hours/day every day for its entire life except for a few excursions, I can't imagine the bird would be sane enough.

My opinion, if aliens are real and UFOs do represent aliens of some kind, I think that they're just a more advanced version of us. We're a more advanced version of the humans that live in tribes in brazil. We already know that there're people on planet earth right now that still live in the dark ages in these tribes. So maybe the modern world ISN'T the most modern. Maybe there's something even more advanced and maybe it's human too? Something that eclipses the europeans, the japanese and the US. Something that looks at us like we look at primitive tribes.
edit on 23-3-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

A great point you made Jonny! In regards to your post concerning about us feeling special I remember the words from the same teacher mentioned above in my 1st post: "Do you [pupils] think you can see or experience around you? You may be wrong. It's like a grease drop floating on top of a yummy soup. If this grease drop could think would it ask itself if there's more out there than just sliding from left to right and up to down on top of the soup? No, it can only experience and see its 2-d life, same with us humans, we only experience our 3-d space but there may be more to this and yet we're lucky with what we experience because we don't know what's beyond"

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheFlash
Maybe we are some super-advanced, long-living alien's high school science project. Who knows?

Maybe the whole universe is a science project -- not just our solar system.

I mean, that would be one answer to the question "why did the big bang 'bang' in the first place".

edit on 3/23/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

That could be another explanation, I didn't consider the big picture yet as you did so thanks for this!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Is a very interesting scenario but if this is the case they failed pretty bad in their little experiment..If I was a super civilization and my project was earth, its inhabitants and the solar system the only thing I would be proud of is the solar system as in planets because us earthlings are an embarrassment to any king of project or outcome of a project...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by lisa2012
Is a very interesting scenario but if this is the case they failed pretty bad in their little experiment..If I was a super civilization and my project was earth, its inhabitants and the solar system the only thing I would be proud of is the solar system as in planets because us earthlings are an embarrassment to any king of project or outcome of a project...

Well , the earth has been around 4.5 Billion years, and Humans (Homo sapien) have been around for MAYBE 200,000 years. We humans are just a temporary thing on this planet. In 5 million years from now, humans would most likely be gone (no species lasts forever) and human existence would have been hardly noticeable in the grand scheme of things. The Earth will still go on, mostly unaffected by us.

Here's an interesting thought:

If you consider all the time that life has been on Earth (probably at least 3.8 billion years), for 80% of that time, the only form of life was single-celled creatures. Us multi-celled creatures, such as earthworms, mosquitoes, pine trees, mice, dinosaurs, woolly mammoths, dogs, and humans have only been around for 20% of the time there has been life on Earth.

edit on 3/23/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Dalbeck

Nice idea but....no. Sorry, i did like your thought process though. You are close but just not there yet. Keep thinking.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Very nice idea.
its like a game of civilisations.
How many times have you had to restart that?
Look at the Old earth history!
And could life have been on mars?
How many times have we failed?
Or should I say the aliens failed playing the game.

Did you see the star gate Atlantis.
When they found a game for a world?
And it was a real world and people!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Thank you guys for th input so far, learned and gained a lot from this thread

@ Soylent green: That's indeed an interesting thought!! In regards to your thought it even makes me wonder about the fact considering us humans --> exit Dinosaurs/ enter humans, how "fast" it all happened for intelligent lifeforms to evolve, maybe the aliens just "pushed" reset on their little WEE (evolution edition) console because the outcome (Dinosaurs) wasn't the expected result ^^

@ buddha: I didn't watch that Atlantis episode but it's often a theme in movies (like in Men in Black, in the outro where the huge Aliens are playing marbles

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join