It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most scariest sci-fi movie?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Claudius
Can anybody suggest me a very scary sci-fi movie?

I have already seen Alien,The thing,Event horizon,Predator
and The blob.

The direction you seek is obviously not for a intellectually stimulated "scare." If you wanted that, I would direct you to find a copy of the original The Day The Earth Stood Still, and to think about it. Otherwise, watch The Blob again.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Fire in the Sky creeped me out when I was younger. I guess its supposed to be based on a true story.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Cloverfield was a scary ride. But much of that was the manipulation through the unsettling camera work.

For me the scariest has to be understood in context to the time of it's big screen debut. In 1970, computers were only just coming into public awareness. The nuclear threat was still very prominent. Along comes a movie about a far seeing scientist and the government getting together and developing a super computer designed to control the US's nuclear arsenal. Buried way under a mountain and completely beyond the control of hacking by the enemy.

"Colossus: The Forbin Project." Of course the super computer detects "another system" which is located in Russia and the two computers "hook" up and take control of the world. Vewwwy Scawwwy.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Oh you kids. You really have no clue do you?

1956. Sci/fi is not everywhere yet. It is only fringe.
Sitting in a theater' watching "the BIG screen". Nine years old, and allowed to go to the movies with the older kids from the block for the first time and watching "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" . You really have no clue. Had they not decided on a last minute uplifted ending, I would not have lived to be ten.
edit on 23-3-2011 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-3-2011 by TerryMcGuire because: title enlargement did'nt work at first.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
kinda hard to fit into sci-fi, but the moth man prophecies, is pretty scary. Very scary, watch it in the dark on a Saturday night.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

why saturday? why not say....a tuesday? Saturday is PARTY night maaaan!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I thought Event Horizon was one of the best blends of sci-fi and horror. The original aliens though, probably for sheer horror. I mean, how do you kill something like that? Game Over man...Game Over!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Skyline had some nasty moments, but i generally do not find sci-fi scary in the least

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Don't really find any sci-fi films 'scary' myself.. Someone posted Enemy Mine earlier.. What's scary about that? Oh wait.. Dennis Quaid..

In my opinion the best psychological sci-fi horror films I'd say were Alien and Event Horizon.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
The Thing with Kurt on the big screen, just realeased ............tripping my butt off on Acid

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Must admit I almost # my pants the first time I saw The Thing at the scene with the red hot wire in the blood!!!

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I'd say the ALIEN saga is the best. It shows how big corporations are going out of their way to endanger lives for wealth and power. Weyland-Yutani, and later, the United Systems Military, is consistently going out of their way to capture a highly volatile organism that has almost 100% chance of getting loose and causing chaos on a galactic scale, for what, military superiority - that is what. F-CK the corporations, down with the NWO.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Thank you for all your replies.
The suggestions were really good.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join