It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mental Suppression

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
This might come under the mind blocks thing, however I dont believe this is something that has a connection with the physic part of ourselves.

For many years now I have often tried to think about what happens after our demise, for example, does anything really happen, if not then thats it. End of story and we never exist again, which personnaly is really depressing.

However everytime I start thinging about this problem, I tend to find my thought get more overwhelming until I cant think about it anymore, I feel as if somehow if I already have the knowledge I seek yet, there is something suppressing the knowledge.

Anyone else experienced this kinda thing ?

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I have a feeling i know what ya mean

Its like you already know it but just carnt access it

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
i hate that feeling, it's the worst feeling in the worldd, that i know of... just makes you want to cry...

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Racos,
you like many othe people seem to feel this need to know you will go after you 'die", I never understood that, not making funof u or your feeling, just never have been able to understand that. well, anyway, I hope you will find what you are looking for.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
Racos,
you like many othe people seem to feel this need to know you will go after you 'die", I never understood that, not making funof u or your feeling, just never have been able to understand that. well, anyway, I hope you will find what you are looking for.

Thats of course typical train of thought. Its life biggest question of course some people are going to give it thought. I admit im guilty of it many times, best thing you can do - not worry.
It'd be nice to have the answers to all the questions but too much of a stress incase the truth isn't exactly what you planned.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Yer I guess, but I guess I am just curious. I just dont like this idea, of only living once and thats it FOREVER.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
That's why people say live life to it's fullest. If this is your only chance and you waste it then you will never have one again. I can't seem to decide if we just turn to nothing like before we are born or if there's an afterlife. I tend to lean toward the latter.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I call it a mental block.. but I know what you mean. It's annoying to say the least.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
delete

[edit on 10/2/2004 by esther]

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Hmmm interesting take on the situration.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
it is a very interestin concept, knowin all, then forgettin, wierd

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
yer but wouldnt the reality of it be, knowing all, forgetting, relearning, knowing all again. Maybe life is something where we are tested by how much we can learn, and use to good use. who knows :S

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Our awareness has always existed and will exist for all eternity. When we "die" it is only our bodies that do. We have temporarly forgotten our pre birth existence due to a forgetfulness condition after being born. the attention that this world demands supresses any memory we had previously. Yet some people retain memory of a previous life.

new topics

top topics

join