It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldier Killed In Iraq - Dont Forget Theres Still a War There

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Fort Stewart soldier killed in Iraq

Fort Stewart soldier killed in Iraq Cpl. Brandon S. Hocking, 24, of Seattle, Wash., died Monday in As Samawah, Iraq, when enemy forces attacked his unit with an improvised explosive device. He was assigned to the 87th Combat Sustainment Support Battalion, 3rd Sustainment Brigade, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart.

I wanted to post this to show that the US is still in a war in Iraq. It seems that the war has been brushed under the rug, atleast by the media.

I check the icasualties web site occasionally, and the situation is still pretty bad over there. icasualties.org...

Heres a few headlines from March 22 back to March 20, this year.

03/22/11 DoD: Army Casualty Identified
03/22/11 AP: Police officer killed in N. Iraq demonstration (plus 10 others wounded)
03/22/11 Reuters: Bomb wounds 2 at liquor store in central Baghdad
03/22/11 Reuters: Bomb kills policeman in southeast Baghdad
03/22/11 Reuters: Bomb wounds 3 people in central Baghdad
03/22/11 Reuters: Bomb kills Iraqi army lieutenant colonel in southern Baghdad
03/22/11 Reuters: Roadside bomb wounds 2 Iraqi soldiers, 1 civilian in souhern Baghdad
03/21/11 Reuters: Grenade wounds boy in northern Kirkuk
03/21/11 Reuters: Armed men kill Agriculture Ministry official in eastern Baghdad
03/21/11 Reuters: Gunmen kill Interior Ministry colonel in eastern Baghdad
03/21/11 Reuters: Gunmen kill Iraqi Defense Ministry colonel in northwestern Baghdad
03/21/11 Reuters: Gunmen wound police lieutenant in eastern Baghdad
03/21/11 Reuters: Bomb kills civilian, wounds 3 others in Baghdad
03/21/11 Reuters: Bomb kills Iraqi soldier, wounds two near Falluja
03/21/11 Reuters: Gunmen wound Iraqi Major General northeastern Baghdad
03/20/11 Reuters: Three policemen wounded by roadside bomb in central Baghdad
03/20/11 Reuters: Roadside bomb wounds 6 people in central Baghdad
03/20/11 AFP: Roadside bombs kill four in Baghdad (plus 20 wounded)
03/20/11 Reuters: Roadside bomb kills one, wounds four others in central Baghdad
03/20/11 Reuters: Grenades wounds six civilians in central Mosul

Thats only 2 days worth by the way......

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

I am so sad about these deaths.

And I do realize there is still a war going on there.

I am always sad about wars and deaths.

I salute those brave soldiers.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

It is disgusting that there are still confrontations going on in Iraq, there must still be some resources left to rape. What is the bet that as soon as Iraq is a barren wasteland of a country with nothing left, the US will have left by then.

How long do you think we are going to be in Afghanistan for? My bet is until the Middle East has had all its power 'Localised'.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Wrenches my heart with any loss of a soldier. Its time for them to come home, back to their families. These wars are senseless. Unfortunately the soldier have to do as they are ordered and go where they are told. The loss experianced is great and felt down into the soul. Another tear shed for the loss of a potential friend, brother/sister, commrad.

GOD help us all learn to settle things peacefully. And keep evil at bay.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Rest In Peace.

More lives lost over a senseless war.
When will this MADNESS stop.
How many more parents will send their the children to an early grave for the lies and greed of our Leaders.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

How long do you think we are going to be in Afghanistan for?

Well, I look at it this way - World War 2 ended in 1945. The US has bases in Germany and Japan still.

Hitler.....yea im pretty sure hes dead.....but we're still there.....65 or so years ago......

Saddam.....yea we got him, im pretty sure hes dead to......but we're still there......a few years ago......

Bin Laden......heck, we dont even know where he is or if hes dead or alive......we're going to be there a long time.

Once the US invades and "mission accomplished" (yea right....).... we love you long time......

Edit - Also Korea, but the war technichally hasnt ended yet

Vietnam - We lost.
edit on 23-3-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
If the state run Obama media doesn't report it the dumb Americans don't care.
As a Marine that loves our country we will be seen as the dumbest people ever to live on this planet. Even with so much information at our fingertips....

3 Wars and counting.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Obviously if we want our boys home we are gonna have to make it happen ourselves. I am lucky enough to have come home, so I will spend the rest of my life trying to make this happen if I have to. My heart goes out to all the good men overseas. Keep in mind that most of the bad ones didn't leave that way but they may still not be a lost cause.

new topics

top topics

join